Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scammers abusing stolen photos of Jay Mchugh

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Scammers abusing stolen photos of Jay Mchugh

Unread postby firefly » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:03 pm

Email address used: gibsonohms@yahoo.com

Zorpia:

Hi... wow what a nice smile you got. Do you care for a chat? You can drop me your telephone number so we can text if that is fine by you. It will be nice getting to know each other more? Looking forward to your reply soon.

Thanks for your reply and happy weekend to you. How is your weekend going over there? Here is my email address: gibsonohms@yahoo.com. Please pray for America as we experienced hurricane irma in Florida. Looking forward to receiving your email soon and getting to know each other more. Thank you for your time. With respect Gibson

Fake profile used:

Gibson / GibsonOhms
56, Boca Raton, Florida, United States
Looking for a date or a relationship with a girl
aged 18‑99, in Nigeria.

Club & Organizations Business man

I’m a creature of contradictions—An athletic bookworm, a night owl who’s an early riser, and an active guy who loves to be lazy on Sunday mornings. I’m always interested in learning new things whether it’s history, politics, or the guitar. (I started teaching myself piano last year and am loving the challenge so far.) I can also cook a mean baked tilapia or spaghetti dinner. Let me know if you’re interested or just give me some tips on my red sauce. I’ll admit it, I’m a little old-fashioned when it comes to my dating style. I open doors and like to go for drinks AND dinner on the first date. But it’s all part of what makes me a gentleman. I’m looking for someone who is always up for life’s adventures but doesn’t mind staying in and watching a movie when the weather calls for it. I’m a sucker for dogs. I rescued a lab a few years back and we’ve been best pals ever since. I try to eat healthy but I have a major weakness for pizza. Let me know if you want to go get a slice!

Stolen pictures used:

gibson.jpg

gibson1.jpg

gibson2.jpg
gibson2.jpg (10.51 KiB) Viewed 8250 times

The pictures are part of a gallery reported online since 2013 for being used in romance scams. The real owner of the pictures, Jay Mchugh, has nothing to do with the scam.

Previous email addresses reported online for scam while using the same stolen pictures:

- brightmoore96@yahoo.com
- jaysonmchuch@yahoo.com
- lawrencekelvin118@yahoo.com
- caldwellmorris5642@gmail.com
- mchughjay24@gmail.com
- clarkmarkgreen@gmail.com
- alessandrowilliam62@gmail.com
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: lawrencekelvin118@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Fake profile used on Facebook:

Lawrence Kelvin
Supervisor at Reynold Construction Company
Divorced
From Berlin, Germany
Active on Badoo and Zoosk.

Stolen picture used:

kelvin.jpg
kelvin.jpg (17.02 KiB) Viewed 8249 times
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: alessandrowilliam62@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:08 pm

On Skype as:

live:alessandrowilliam62 / Alessandro William
United States
BD: July 7, 1967

He is also using a fake profile on Facebook under the name Alessandro William.

(part of the) Stolen picture used:

alessandro.PNG
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

edscharf968@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:39 pm

split from viewtopic.php?f=17&t=66682 , where the fake site used in scam is reported.

Fake profile used in scam:

Scott E. Scharf
United States Nebraska Ashland
Email address: edscharf968@gmail.com
Phone nubmer: 4022666995 / +14022666995 - Bandwidth SMSEnabled VoIP number

The scam works in the same way as the one reported in viewtopic.php?f=11&t=66678.

Fake profile used on Facebook:

Scott Edward Scharf
Lives in Ashland, Nebraska
Widowed
From Sacramento, California
He claims to have a daugher.

The profile was recycled for romance scams in November 2017. Before that period of time, back in 2016 and earlier, the profile shows a visit to a Medical Centre in Nigeria and more political posts about the situation in Nigeria, written in Arabic.

Stolen picture used:

firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: Scammers abusing stolen photos of Jay Mchugh

Unread postby firefly » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:43 pm

On eudating.site as:

Paul Age: 51 years old
I'm from: GB United Kingdom
City of: England

I'm need: a female 40-70 years old for marriage
About me: 1 child
Profile created: 21 August 2017
Some words about myself:
I am an independent man who loves working and planning and in search of a lovely woman who will forever remain my life partner as well as growing older together.

On amsterdamfixtures.com as:

kellytadams2455
Zip Code: 40018
Height: 5 ft. 8 in.
Hair, Eyes: Gray, Brown
Body: Average
Ethnicity: White
Religion: Christian
Politics: Didn't Say
Education: Master's Degree
Has Kids: Yes, not living with me
Want To Find: A woman ages 55 to 72 to date

I am very positive, spontaneous, warm, witty, well-read, honest, open minded.I also walk and Meditation to keep my body, mind and soul clean, healthy and happy.I love traveling and have seen many Lands of this world.I am socially conscious, appreciate other Cultures, tolerant, independent, sensitive, adventurous, Romantic, very communicative, playful, healthy, can make you laugh, I can bring excitement in your life.I am fun loving, creative and at peace. I appreciate others and respect other people's feelings, opinions and cultures. I believe that we are children still at heart, capable of wonder and change, but, something should be stable.I am an intense friend, sees his glass as half full.I have always drawn to Oceans, mountains and nature.when there is good music, I love to dance, I also enjoy art, cultural activities, exploring new places, visiting museums.I also enjoy romantic picnics, candle light dinner. I also love going around preaching God's word and evangelizing.

Stolen picture used:

On galactic.love as:

joseph2mariom
54, Man, Single
Dublin, Ireland
Looks for: Single Woman 46 - 114 years Within 100 kms
Long-term dating, Short-term dating, Friendship
My self-introduction
my personalities type tends toward being outgoing. People would most often describe me energetic, loving,caring, extremely emotional, bubbly, understanding, very supportive, very caring and warm, very passionate and loving

What I am doing with my life
I am an Engineer by profession , i work as a self Employed businessman

Things I like about myself
I love to bowl, though I haven't done it in years and shoot pool, play cards, just cruise or swinging on a beautiful sunny day, going to the cinema, i like taking my daughter to the park and lots more.

On tender.singles as:

markroben
55, Man, Single
Toronto, Canada
Looks for: Woman 47 - 61 years Within 100 kms
Long-term dating, Short-term dating, Friendship
I am a responsible man i am looking for a responsible woman who can love me and my daughter and underhand me

firefly
"Nut job" admin.

robbielongxx@icloud.com

Unread postby taylor2002 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:35 pm

im sure same guy has just cat fished me for 6 months, same quotes, saying from london as im in uk, ive tracked a lot down and hes using so may different sites with various pictures. To me his name was Robert Long, email robbielongxx@icloud.com.
Hes now back on pof as a doctor under the name jteam54 from miami using these same pics he used with me.

I would hate for anyone else to go through all this, his IP address was located in california but the phone was registered to the uk on three network, i think i also have an actual picture of him which shows why hes been doing this.

i would love to track the guy down in the photos so if anyone knows anything could you contact me Email address removed - Wayne
Attachments
3587f0771-dc0d-4c91-8b1c-0c24d391d2c9 robert.jpg
taylor2002
New survivor

Re: Scammers abusing stolen photos of Jay Mchugh

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:37 pm

taylor2002,
Stop all contact with the scammer. Do not tell him you know he is a scammer or that he is posted here.

Please do not attempt to track down and chase the real person in the pictures. He is another innocent person in this scam, whose photos were stolen and abused, and he is in no way involved in the scam.
About Chasing Scammers & Looking For Real Person In Pics
http://www.scamsurvivors.com/forum/view ... 504#p64695

Please follow the advice in this topic, and follow all of the advice there in order to protect yourself further and to do the most to protect everyone else that the scammer contacts.
What to do if you are a victim of a scam
http://www.scamsurvivors.com/forum/view ... =3&t=26504
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

hiliareferrand9@gmail.com

Unread postby Wayne » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:35 pm

Form received 2018-09-26 20:28:17

What name did the scammer use?: Hiliare Ferrand
How old did the scammer say they were?: 57
What site/app did you first meet the scammer on? Please provide a link if possible.: Words with Friends
If they asked you to leave the site/app and go elsewhere, where did they take you?: google hangouts
Scammer's email address if you have it.: hiliareferrand9@gmail.com

If they gave you a phone number, please add it here.: I had one but I blocked it yesterday and now don't know how to find it. It was a google phone number, Chicago area code
How much money did they demand?: At first it was Itunes cards so he could his reports then it was $600, and then $2000
Name you were told to send the money to.: The $600 initially was to go to Betty Simpson, ended up being sent to another woman - don't remember name. The $2000 was supposed to go to Elizabeth Rosa Lxxx
What country/city were you told to send the money to?: The $600 originally Houston, TX then it was changed to South Carolina. The $2000 was to go to Columbus OH
How were you to send the money ?: Initially tried MoneyGram, they wouldn't deliver it. Did it through Western Union. The second one I tried Walmart to Walmart. They wouldn't pay out. I also sent him money through bitcoin
What steps, if any, have you already taken to block the scammer?: I have deactivated my FB account, and blocked all my friends on Instagram, I can't find out how to do anything with linkedin. I put a block on his phone number but he was still able to call and leave a threatening VM today and the only thing the phone said when it rang was it was a restricted number. On gmail I tried to block him but that just sends the messages to spam.

I read something online that mentioned posting a picture into google images and that would bring up any similar pictures that have been stolen by scammers. My scammer had stolen the pictures of Jay McHugh. I think my scammer may have been bold enough to set up another FB page actually using Jay McHugh's name.
Are there any other details you wish to share? Anything you say may help prevent someone else from being scammed.: It has all pretty much been said before. He started a game with me on Words with Friends and sent me a message. Most of those guys that do that start out with hi baby or hi lovely and I shut them down immediately. But he was just friendly and respectful and so we kept playing and chatting. Then he wanted us to google chat. He "fell in love" very rapidly and it didn't matter that I was happily married. He supposedly grew up in France and moved to the states after college but that was why his writing has a French accent. He lost his parents at a tender age and had a painful childhood that he didn't want to talk about. He claimed to have lost his wife in a car accident five years ago when their daughter was two.
A week or so after we started talking he said he was hoping to get a big contract and might be leaving Houston soon for about four months. I had tried to find him on FB, googled him, linked in and there was no presence at all. He said he was afraid of being scammed!
He supposedly got the contract and sent me a picture of himself on the plane. He had already sent me several other pictures of himself with his daughter. He also sent me a picture supposedly of the cover page of his contract from Exxon awarding him $8million for this project. Then about a week after he got there he was going on very confused about his bank account and his credit cards had all been frozen and they wouldn't help him. That he would have to appear in person to get it straightened out. So he started asking for itunes cards so that he could upload his reports to Exxon.

We chatted a lot and he kept talking about how much he loved me and how wonderful I was and how he wanted his daughter to grow up to be like me and we were fated to be together, etc., etc. I kept telling him that he was just finally coming out of grieving for his wife and that what he was feeling for me was overamplified because of that.
Anyway, he was a wonderful sweet talker and I eventually thought I was in love with him too. I shared way too much personal info and pictures with him.
Attachments
HR2_zovmqe.jpg
HR_6x96ae.jpg
HR_6x96ae.jpg (44.53 KiB) Viewed 7032 times
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Return to Romance scams.