Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Need a little guidance please

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Need a little guidance please

Unread postby questionsforu » Thu May 06, 2021 8:23 pm

Hello,

I was dumb and recently got caught in one of these. Went on cam, then screenshot sent of me with threats.
Wooops. Immediately I blocked them and reported the skype account.
Next I deleted my own skype, and the email attached to the skype.

Fortunately (I think), these are all throwaway emails/accounts I used to sign up for free subscriptions, etc.
Any names on the skype/email were fake, I don't believe my phone number was ever needed to make these accounts.
The only contact with the scammer was on skype, and that account had completely fake info.

I think I'm fairly savvy (obviously not ironclad though, haha...) and I can't see how they could possibly find my real accounts to threaten me unless I'm missing something.

Still, my facebook has been deactivated and like I mentioned the skype and email used to make the skype also deleted.
I have read the steps, I'm just curious if the process has changed at all, most posts seem to be from years ago.

Also, I'm curious what I could do to potentially track down and flag the video/photo if it gets posted for some reason? Do I just make a google alert with the name from my past account?

My thinking was that I'll be hard to track and likely not worth their effort, that seems to have been validated by reading this sub.

Thanks for this forum!
questionsforu
New survivor

Re: Need a little guidance please

Unread postby Big Al » Thu May 06, 2021 8:45 pm

Over the years the steps have remained largely the same. If you do ALL of the steps you should be ok. Doing Google alerts are covered in the steps.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com