Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

cookscreditunion.com - cookscreditunions.com

Report any emails with fake links attempting to steal your ID, and any fake sites used by scammers.

cookscreditunion.com - cookscreditunions.com

Unread postby firefly » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:34 pm

Posted on behalf of the victim:

I searched online and I found federalreservebnk.com and psfinancialconsultants.com reported on your forum: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=70735.
I am in contact with a bank - cookscreditunion.com. There is a cookscreditunions.com that I found reported online as fraudulent: http://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=139660.
Is it possible for them to create a bank account in my name, with an account number, a password, and a security code, then credited a sum of money and then have the opportunity to make a transfer with a code T A C of the sum?
Once the transfer is done on my board I read available credit  balance 0; 00
I sincerely wish to thank you in advance for your reply .

A fraudster can do anything with the fake bank he creates. Everything starts with an out of the blue email telling the victim about an inheritance or a lottery he won, sometimes even about a compensation for all the money lost in a previous scam.

For receiving those money, the victim is advised to contact the fake bank and file a form with all personal details, sometimes being asked to add a copy of his passport or driver license.

The fraudster will create a bogus bank account on the fictitious bank and will provide the victim with an account number and a password.

The victim will be able to see the amount mentioned in his bogus bank account and will try to transfer the money, without success.

First, the fraudster will ask for an "activation fee" meant to activate the bogus bank account and allow the victim to operate it.

After the fee is paid, the victim will try again to transfer the money shown in the bogus bank account. It will fail again.

The fraudster will ask for TAC - Transfer Activation Fee, with the promise that once this one is paid, the victim can transfer the money.

A so- called IMF code will follow. Than the Anti-Money Laundry code. Each fee will be followed by another fee and each fee will cost more as the previous one.

The bank is fake. The bank account opened on victim's name is also fake. There is no real money in that bank. The only real money involved is the money lost by the victim while paying all those fictitious fees.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

How the scam works

Unread postby firefly » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:36 pm

Messages received:

Attention: xxx

This is to acknowledge the receipt of your email and I am aware that you have been directed by Dr. Peter Simon the CEO of Peter Simons & Consults to contact me regarding the release of your fund value of US$10, 637,000 (accumulative interest inclusive). This is part of the decisions reached during a meeting we had a fortnight ago with Peter Simons who is the approved consultant appointed to facilitate the release of beneficiaries fund to them without further hitch or hassle. Note that your fund has been with the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas since the remitting bank deposited it with us as their offshore corresponding bank/US clearing house. The remitting bank was supposed to process your payment and then instruct us to release the fund to you, but it came to the notice of the United States government that officials of the remitting bank were doing nothing to have beneficiaries fund released to them, rather they have been frustrating beneficiaries by requiring exorbitant charges with sole purpose of frustrating the beneficiary to abandon their fund thereby giving them advantage to declare the fund as unclaimed or provide a factious person to act as your representative so that the fund will be released to them instead of to you the original beneficiary. It was in view of this that Peter Simons & consults were appointed to act as intermediary between you the beneficiary and us the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas which is the current holding bank.

We will want you to confirm to us if you will want to receive your fund value of US$10, 637,000 through a direct wire transfer to your nominated bank account which you will provide at the appropriate time or through a certified bank draft which is cash-able in any bank in the world and would be sent to your nominated address which you will provide. As explained to you by Peter Simons, the only and final thing that is required of you to conclude this transaction and have your long awaited fund released to you is your obtaining a Telex Confirmation Code which will give us the legal mandate to transact and release your fund to you without any hitch or breaching the United States Financial Regulation Act. Once the Telex Confirmation Code is obtained in your name, we will send you the final fund release documents and bank forms which you will fill in your preferred mode of payment (either through a direct wire transfer or a certified bank draft).

This needed Telex Confirmation Code which is very vital in this transaction is to be obtained from the Financial Intelligence unit of the US Department of Treasury after an affidavit of true beneficiary is obtained in your name from the US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. You are hereby requested to proceed to the US District Court for the Northern District of Texas to swear and obtain an affidavit of true beneficiary in your name; thereafter you are to proceed to the Financial Intelligence Unit of the US Department of Treasury with a copy of the issued and notarized affidavit of true beneficiary were verification will be made and thereafter issue this highly needed Telex Confirmation Code in your name.

Be informed that this telex confirmation code which is issued only by the Financial Intelligence Unit of the US Department of Treasury supersedes every other certificates, documents or clearances having been or being demanded of you to finalize this transaction; this means that as soon as this requested telex confirmation code issued in your name, we will process and release your long awaited fund without any further hitch or delay.It is important you note that according to the United States Financial Regulation Act as amended to checkmate crime/terrorist funding, we will not have the legal mandate to deal on the transfer of your fund to you until this Telex Confirmation Code is obtained in your name. Once this Telex Confirmation Code is obtained in your name, we will process and release your long awaited fund without any further hitch or delay.

In view of the above stated explanations, you are hereby advised to proceed to the US District Court for the Northern District of Texas to get an affidavit of true beneficiary in your name which is needed before your going to the Financial Intelligence Unit of the US Department of Treasury to get the much needed Telex Confirmation Code. Once again I on behalf of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas am irrevocably guaranteeing and reassuring you that once this Telex Confirmation Code is obtained by you from the Financial Intelligence Unit of the US Department of Treasury, the Federal Reserve Bank will process and release your fund to you without any form of hitch or delay. It will be left for you to pay your tax to your government once you receive your long awaited fund.

Feel free to call or email me if you have any question. Thank you for your understanding and anticipated co-operation.

Yours faithfully

Robert S. Kaplan
President
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
Email: robertskaplan@federalreservebnk.com
Phone: +1(817)754-1993

+18177541993
Type: Non-Fixed VoIP (e.g. Skype or Google Voice)
Original carrier: Global Crossing Local Services, Inc.-tx
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: How the scam works

Unread postby firefly » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:39 pm

Messages received:

Dear xxx

I am in receipt of your email and have noted your correspondence with Mr. Robert Kaplan of the Federal Reserve Bank. My sincere apologies for my late response to your email, I travelled out of town to Boston to be with my daughter who graduated from the University last weekend with a distinction, as a proud father, I had to be there on her special day. I got back to Dallas this morning and I have spoken to Mr. Kaplan regarding his email to you, he made me to understand that US financial regulation act as amended by President Donald Trump states that you the beneficiary of the funds will have to obtain an affidavit of true beneficiary from any of the Northern district courts here in Texas which you will take to the Financial Intelligence Unit for them to issue you a telex confirmation. He informed me that the Federal Reserve Bank can only have the legal right to transact and transfer the funds to you only after a telex confirmation code has been issued in your name as stated in the Financial Regulation Act.

I want you to make arrangements to come down to Texas USA immediately and proceed to the District court in Dallas to Texas swore an affidavit of true beneficiary which you will take to the Financial Intelligence Unit so that they will issue this highly needed telex confirmation code in your name. I or my assistant will be handy to pick you at the airport and to take you to the District court and the FIU office so that you can get the affidavit and telex code, thereafter proceed to Federal Reserve Bank to submit them. I was made to understand that in a situation that you cannot personally come to the United States, then only an accredited attorney can represent you in getting the affidavit of true beneficiary in your name and even if you come down to Texas, you will still need an accredited attorney to notarize the affidavit of true beneficiary in your name. I will want to know if I should look for an accredited attorney who will act on your behalf or if you will be coming down to handle it yourself. The Federal Reserve Bank has confirmed to me again that as soon as this telex confirmation code is obtained in your name, they will proceed and release your fund to you without any hassle or hitch through a direct wire transfer to your nominated account or through a certified Bank check cash-able in any bank of the world, depending which is fine by you.

Please get back to me immediately and let me know if you would be coming down or if you would want an accredited attorney to represent you. Thanks for your understanding and anticipated co-operation. Feel free to call or send me text messages.

Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Peter Simons.
Chief Executive Officer
Peter Simons & Consults.
+1-832-240-1573
E-mail: ceo@psfinancialconsultants.com

Dear xxx,

Squeal to our earlier communication this morning, the attorney has obtained the affidavit and telex confirmation code in your name, I gave him the needed $1467 on Monday on your behalf. (...) The attorney has proceeded to the Federal Reserve Bank to Submit the original copies on your behalf. The Federal Reserve Bank will verify the documents and there after process your payment. Keep me updated when you hear from them.

Dr. Peter Simons.
Chief Executive Officer
Peter Simons & Consults.
Tel: +1-832-240-1573
E-mail: ceo@psfinancialconsultants.com

+18322401573
Original carrier: Icg Choice Com, L.p. - Tx
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:42 pm

Messages received:

This is to inform you that we have received an affidavit of true beneficiary with a Telex Confirmation Code, notarized and issued in your name from your attorney, Princeton Onwas. Kindly note that our legal department is validating the documents and we will be getting back to you once they are done. Thanks for your co-operation.

Yours faithfully

Robert S. Kaplan
President

The fraudulent domain name federalreservebnk.com is already reported in viewtopic.php?f=6&t=70735.

Sir,

This is to inform you that our legal department has completed the verification of the affidavit of true beneficiary and the telex confirmation code obtained in your name. Be informed that we have started processing the release of your fund value of US$10,637,000; note that the Federal Reserve Bank do not transfer directly to individual accounts rather we pay individuals through any of our accredited commercial banks here in the United States. Your fund will be released to you through Cooks Credit Union (www. cookscreditunion.com). A nonresident escrow account will be opened in your name with the Cooks Credit Union and the online access to the account given to you. You will then personally transfer your fund through online banking from the Cooks Credit Union to your nominated account in your country. I will need you to reconfirm immediately the information below as it is required to open the escrow account on your behalf.

FIRST NAME:
LAST NAME:
E-MAIL:
TELEPHONE NUMBERS):
FAX NUMBER (S):
BIRTH DATE:
THE SEX
OFFICE ADDRESS:
HOME ADDRESS:
CITY AND STATE:
POSTAL CODE:

As soon as I receive the information requested above, we will finalize the opening of the account on your behalf with Cooks Credit Union, they will contact you with your new account information and online access to your account. We will then transfer your fund value of US$10,637,000 into the nonresident escrow account opened in your name with Cooks Credit Union to enable you to make an online transfer from Cooks Credit Union to your bank account. Feel free to call or email me if you have any question. Thank you for your understanding and anticipated co-operation.

Yours faithfully

Robert S. Kaplan

President
Phone: +1(817)754-199
--
This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act 18 U.S.C. Section 2510-2521. This e-mail is confidential and may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail message from your computer.

Your account ending with ****** has been credited with $ 10,637,000 please login to your account to see the balance in your account.

If you need any further assistance kindly contact us on the customer chat form the bank website or via email at ebanking@cookscreditunion.com

Thank you for choosing Cooks Credit Union, USA
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:44 pm

Messages received:

Sir,

This is to acknowledge the receipt of your email, I am aware that your account with cooks credit union has been activated as we have successfully transferred your fund value of US$10,637,000:00 to nonresident escrow account with cooks credit union. I believe you are in communication with Cooks Credit Union, follow their directives as regards transferring your fund to your nominated account in Thailand.

Yours faithfully

Robert S. Kaplan

President

--
This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act 18 U.S.C. Section 2510-2521. This e-mail is confidential and may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail message from your computer.

Sir,

This is a confirmation message that your Escrow account is active and approved for transfers and other Cooks services, kindly log into your Escrow account and start using Cooks Credit Union. Also your email address was successfully updated to (xxx@gmail.com) Kindly login your Escrow account and confirm.

If you need any further assistance kindly contact us on the customer chat form the bank website or via email at ebanking@cookscreditunion.com

Thank you for choosing Cooks Credit Union, USA.
(www. cookscreditunion.com)
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: cookscreditunion.com - cookscreditunions.com

Unread postby firefly » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:47 pm

The fraudsters created two different domain names, one with an "s", one without and redirected the one without to the one with an "s".

cookscreditunion.com is used only for the email address. The fake bank is active from cookscreditunions.com.

The content of the fake website is stolen from Sainsburys Bank.

From the fake bank website:

We've been offering an award-winning blend of financial products and attractive rewards to our customers since 1987.
UK-based Cooks enjoys leading positions in some of the most attractive markets in the United Kingdom and also serves clients in selected markets internationally.

Contact details:

Head Office
Cooks Credit Union Annex
650 Middle Country Road,
Middle Island , NY 10753
New York, United States
+1-817-668-0619
+1-716-221-6279
Branch Office
Cooks Credit Union
99 James Nisbeth Street
G21 2LH M, Scotland
United Kingdom
+44-7418348060
+44 808 281 2738
info@cookscreditunion.com
ebanking@cookscreditunion.com

+18176680619
Original carrier: Broadwing Communications, Llc - Tx

+17162216279
Original carrier: Choice One Communications, Inc. - Ny

+447418348060
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination United Kingdom
Original network provider* Tismi BV

+448082812738
Number billable as freephone number
Country or destination United Kingdom
Original network provider* Gamma Telecom Holdings Ltd

The so called bank supposedly active "since 1987" was created in August.

From the domain name registration:

Domain name: cookscreditunions.com
Updated Date: 0001-01-01
Creation Date: 2019-08-30
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-08-30
Registrar: NAMECHEAP INC
Reseller: NAMECHEAP INC
Registrant Name: WhoisGuard Protected

This is what the fake website looks like:

cooks.JPG

From the email only domain registration:

Domain name: cookscreditunion.com
Updated Date: 0001-01-01
Creation Date: 2019-08-01
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-08-01
Registrar: NAMECHEAP INC
Reseller: NAMECHEAP INC

Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: WhoisGuard Protected
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Fake sites/Phishing sites.