Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

I have been scammed

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

I have been scammed

Unread postby Petee » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:15 pm

I am an oversea student who are studying in UK. And I had never used facebook before. In order to make some friends in the new environment, I use the facebook. But after a few days I see a request from a people who has the mutual friend, so I accepted. But this people is a scrammer.
What happen to me is similar to others. They blackmailed me and threat me if i dont give them money, they will report to my school and the ambassy. At that time, I am scared and I lose my ability of judgement. So I agree to give money. They forced me to use the western union or MoneyGram at first paid by card online, and they use the video talk (just like a facetime )of Messager to monitor me. when I registrate the app of MoneyGram. This app said if i want to transfer money, I need to take a photo of my passport to identify my infomation, so I take a photo during the facetime. When I use other apps, the scrammer said my camera had shut down and shout at me to force me open the camera. But what I worry about is they were lying and they saw my passport info and use my information to do some dangerous things.

The app of Western Union and MoneyGram reject my transfer, so the scrammer forced me to pay by cash. After I sent money through cash, they kept asking me to pay more. Even though I have some money at first, but it is my living expense... I cannot afford anymore, so I choose to call the police. And I finally know the vedio cannot make me be arrested by police and the ambassy. I realised how foolish I am. The policeman is nice and taught me how to block them. And then I reported to the facebook.

During these time, even though I try to recover, sometimes I just feel sad and always think why I am so stupid. And searched it online and I found many international students in my country have the same situation and they recommend this website a few days ago and I follow all the steps and report all the detail related to it. I have deactivated my facebook. In fact, in my country, people hardly use facebook. And I search my name through the Google and the TouTube, and I can't find nothing.
Thank you very much, after reading your article I feel better. And I had told all of my best friends, I felt grateful they all give me a hug, and they are the best friends.

After 15days is gone, the scrammer didn't find me. They know I called the police. But I still feel scared whether they have my passport information, even though they dont have the original document. And the receipt of Western Union have my address and telephone number in UK, I am not sure whether they would find me again, even though they didn't find me after I called the police. And When I try to use the app of West Union and MoneyGram to pay, I have input the bank information. Even though I have remove the card and contact the MoneyGram to shutdown my account and nothing happened to my bank card in this period, I don't know whether there are risks.

Could you give me some advices to check whether I am safe? In these day I am trying to recover, Thank you very much.
Petee
New survivor

Re: I have been scammed

Unread postby Big Al » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:47 pm

You should have your credit frozen as we have seen cases where the scammer has used victims passport or ID to open bank accounts in their names. The scammer then uses the account to launder money and then takes out a loan. The scammer defaults on the loan and the bank goes back to the victim to recover their money.

It is good that you filed a police report. It will be proof of the scam if any bank comes back to you wanting you to repay the debt the scammer incurred upon you.

You might find some comfort in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4509

Recovery & reassurance.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby Petee » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:48 pm

Thankyou, but they don't have my original passport and I am from China and the scrammer is from philippine, why they can use my passport to open a bank account? And could you tell me, when I am using other app, will the camera will be shut down when the scrammer is using the facebook messenger to monitor me?
Petee
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:31 pm

Petee,

Any personal information shared whit a scammer might end up in identity theft and you need to be aware of this while sharing personal information with strangers online.

If the apps you are using are registered through your Facebook profile or if you have those apps access to your Facebook profile, those apps will reactivate your profile without you even knowing it.

Closing your Facebook profile involves closing everything associated with that profile: apps, accounts on other sites you registered while using that specific FB account etc.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby Petee » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:50 pm

Thank you very much
Petee
New survivor

Unread postby Joshuadrayton » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:43 am

I have been scammed year 2017 by MELISA COLONGON. I was invited intagged and been told me to move in skype so we could talk. She started to tell me to get undressed. And after she blackmailed me she asked for money 1200$ via western union

Skype name: erika
Send money through western
Name: melisa colongon
Code: 1421
Amount 1200 canadian dollars.
Joshuadrayton
New survivor

Scammed by melisa colongon via erika

Unread postby Joshuadrayton » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:56 am

I was scammed way back 2017 by the name erika. She invited me on tagged and told me to go on skype. She started to talk dirty. And told me to get undressed and the she black mailed me and ask for money 1200 canadian dollars via western union.

Country code: 1421
Amount: 1200$ canadian

She kept on asking until i blocked her.
Joshuadrayton
New survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:58 am

Joshua,
Go to our Blackmail website. You can get there by clicking the bubble above that says "Webcam Blackmail Help".
Fill out the form with as much information as possible about the scammer then do all of the steps you will find there.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Re: I have been scammed by melisa colongon

Unread postby Joshuadrayton » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:01 am

I have been scammed year 2017 by MELISA COLONGON. I was invited intagged and been told me to move in skype so we could talk. She started to tell me to get undressed. And after she blackmailed me she asked for money 1200$ via western union

Skype name: erika
Send money through western
Code: 1421
Amount 1200 canadian dollars.
Joshuadrayton
New survivor

Unread postby Joshuadrayton » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:07 am

Thank you for the help
Joshuadrayton
New survivor

Next

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?