Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Which online organization should I report to about the scam?

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Which online organization should I report to about the scam?

Unread postby stressturnvictim » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:33 pm

Besides local police, which online organization should I report about the scam which I had encountered? I am not from USA, Europe or Australia...
stressturnvictim
New survivor

Re: Which online organization should I report to ...

Unread postby firefly » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:21 pm

By logical deduction, that means Asia.

Scam is such a broad term that can apply to anything.

If it was a real life scam, meaning you met the fraudster in person, the report need to be done to the local police from the area where the fraud happened. If we are talking about online fraud, and you never met the fraudster in person, the standard procedure is to contact your local police and file a complaint. If they have enough elements they will follow on this.

If you want to share the details of the online scam you dealt with for warning other potential victims, please use my email address (you can find it below) and forward to me the details of the story and the messages / pictures / documents you received.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: Which online organization should I report to about the s

Unread postby stressturnvictim » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:28 pm

Could I edit the title? It should be, "which online organization should I report to about the online scam I had fallen into recently".
stressturnvictim
New survivor

Re: Which online organization should I report to ...

Unread postby stressturnvictim » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:37 pm

firefly wrote:By logical deduction, that means Asia.

Scam is such a broad term that can apply to anything.

If it was a real life scam, meaning you met the fraudster in person, the report need to be done to the local police from the area where the fraud happened. If we are talking about online fraud, and you never met the fraudster in person, the standard procedure is to contact your local police and file a complaint. If they have enough elements they will follow on this.

If you want to share the details of the online scam you dealt with for warning other potential victims, please use my email address (you can find it below) and forward to me the details of the story and the messages / pictures / documents you received.

Hi firefly. Thank you for your reply. Appreciate that.

I am sorry, my title is not clear. The title should be "which online organization should I report to about the online scam I had fallen into recently".

I don't want to go to the local police. I don't trust them. So I was thinking, could I approach this from this direction, report the case to a online/ international organization dealing with online scam?

And also, I know the scam group has a facebook of their so call 'company' / website. Should I make a report with facebook about it, or should I first report this case to a online organization and let them handle it?

And pne of the scammer, I know his/ her id in the IM app. Same thing, should I contact the IM app about it? Or let whoever in charge of investigating the case (if I make a report with them) to do it, instead of me contacting the IM app and tell them about the existence of the scammer using their app?

Again, thank you for everything.
stressturnvictim
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:36 pm

stressturnvictim,

How about if you send me what you have about this case? You have my email address below. After looking to what you have, I might be able to advise about a way to follow. Right now we are in the "what if" territory and that will help no one.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby stressturnvictim » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:01 am

firefly wrote:stressturnvictim,

How about if you send me what you have about this case? You have my email address below. After looking to what you have, I might be able to advise about a way to follow. Right now we are in the "what if" territory and that will help no one.

Just to clarify, you are one of the admin of this site right? Is there a official list of admin listed somewhere on this site? I can't seems to find it...

And the email you have is (Removed E-mail Address BA)
stressturnvictim
New survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:44 pm

Yes, that is Firefly's correct E-mail address. You can send the information there.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby stressturnvictim » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:35 am

Big Al wrote:Yes, that is Firefly's correct E-mail address. You can send the information there.

Hi Big Al,

Are you the admin of this site? Where could I find a list of admin of this site? Is green color indicator of a admin?

I am sorry, I am a total noob here....

Thank you and regards
stressturnvictim
stressturnvictim
New survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:15 am

Red is an admin. Green is a moderator. Please send the information to Firefly at the E-mail address I removed from your previous post so it can be properly examined and we can give you better advice.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:20 pm

This case involved a crypto currency scam - and our forum is not dealing with that type of fraud. The victim was advised to contact specialized forums and his local police.

Topic locked.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?