Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO??

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO??

Unread postby lostsoul » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:48 am

This is a hard site to navigate, I had a hard time finding where to post.

I have been scammed really bad and now I don't know what to do, I have lost a lot of money and it was a romance scam..

please someone who knows what to do let me know where I can get help.. there is so much information here it is overwhelming.
lostsoul
New survivor

Re: I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO??

Unread postby Big Al » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:01 am

Hello,
Welcome to Scamsurvivors. There is a topic made for you here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26504

What to do if you are a victim of a scam other than a blackmail scam/sextortion.

You should stop all contact with the Scammer.

You should not tell the scammer that you know he is a scammer.

If you sent the money by Western Union or similar service then you should contact them and report the information you sent the money to as being used to commit Fraud.

If you sent the money by Bank Transfer then you should contact your bank and try to have the payment reversed. Then you should have your account closed and re-opened using a different number so the scammer cannot abuse your account.

You should also file a police report.

Then you should post as much information about your scammer here on our forum to help stop others from becoming victims of the same scammer. Please remove any of your details. We only want the details of the scammer.

E-mail addresses, phone numbers, photographs, fake websites, & fake documents are all helpful.

If you are unsure about what to post you can forward all of the scammers E-mails to me. My E-mail address is below in my signature line. I will remove any of your information and only post the information of the scammer.

Then read this topic concerning the post scam phase of recovery.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=37058
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby lostsoul » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:41 am

Thank you, this is such a daunting task but my main concern is how to fix my situation financially, I am in way over my head in debt because of this I need to know what to do with my taxes, credit its all ruined its really bad.

I will file a police report no doubt but to be honest there is nothing they can do with cyber scams and all I can do is report the story how does this help me recover my money, my credit and repay the debt I owe now.
lostsoul
New survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:49 am

If you are a USA citizen you should contact your tax People. Some Scam losses are claimable on your income taxes. Beyond that, you are pretty much stuck with the debt.

If you sent money by Western Union this topic might be of help:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63282

Be aware that there is a time window for when you sent the money and the time to file a claim is ending soon.

Also after stopping all contact with the scammer be careful about recovery scams. People who claim they can help you get your money back. (For a fee of course)

Be careful of any new contacts from people you do not know. If they ask you to send them money for any reason it will be another scam.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby lostsoul » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:56 am

I'm sorry this site is so hard to navigate, I want to report the scammer but so many subjects and its frustrating
lostsoul
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:35 am

lostsoul,

Try to relax and just take things one step at a time.
You can forward Big Al all the emails and information you have received from the scammer, and he can post what is important in them for you.
His email address is in his signature line.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?