Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Is this a scammer?

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Is this a scammer?

Unread postby Bmescober0831 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:57 pm

Hello, would like to know if the one I am chatting with is a scammer. He said he is CHRIS XXXXXX, from Dallas, USA. Met him from OK Cupid. I have chatted with him before, last October 2017, I just felt he is too pushy and doubtful of me and he said his Skype has layered security thats why I can’t see him. So I suddenly ended our chat, I just said that I have to attend to my then sick dad. Anyway, after a 2mos, he messaged me Happy New Year, and because its holiday, I replied. We started to chat again. Still his Skype as he said before still has layered security. He said it needs my IP Add so his IT can fix it so we can see each other. He is still very much into me, he said, and he wants to get serious with me. He also mentioned that he will be going here on Jan21st to Manila for work and after to El Nido Palawan for vacation, and he wants me to go with him. This time he is much calmer. When he knew that its my nephews bday, he asked me to not feel weird of his question, I was surprised that he said he would like to give a gift to my
nephew, he will bring it here and give it to me. So far, he is very sincere but my gut feel about the Skype thing that he said has layered security?? Is that even possible? Hope you could give me insights on this.
Thank you.
Bmescober0831
Junior survivor

Re: Is this a scammer?

Unread postby Big Al » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:18 pm

Without more information it's hard to say but if your gut tells you something is wrong then you are better off dropping contact with this person.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby Bmescober0831 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:21 pm

is it possible of what he said that his Skype has security layer? And need an IP add so his IT can fix it so I can finally see him on video call?
Bmescober0831
Junior survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:23 pm

Doubtful. Skype works if you have it setup properly. I've never heard of needing an IP to do a video chat. He's probably just trying to track down your location.
"Look for the lies."
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:29 pm

Do you have his okcupid profile link for us to look at? How about his email address? Full name used? Phone number?
His skype profile name? The pictures sent to you? Please give us more of his details.

Still his Skype as he said before still has layered security. He said it needs my IP Add so his IT can fix it so we can see each other.
and
he said he would like to give a gift to my nephew

Both of these things scream out "I am a scammer." As Big Al has said, drop him now, and do not tell him you know he is a scammer.

You were in touch with a scammer back in August, and if you did not change ALL of your own details, email account, phone number, all social site profiles online, it is highly likely that it is the same scammer, using a different name and trying to scam you again.
But we do need his details to help save others, so please post them.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Bmescober0831 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:56 pm

He said his name is CHRIS XXXXXX, We just chat thru Skype. In OK Cupid, if I remember it right his name is itstime4luv... he has sent his pictures to me.. how can I email it to you?

In terms of the giving gift, I heard alot of scams that they would send gift to the victim but the gift would be hold to somewhere and they will ask for money using fake courier.. in this case, he said he will bring it and give it to me in person.. when we were talking he even sent me walmartlink of the lego gift that he would buy for my nephew.. I thought that he is sincere..
Anyway, I will email to you his pictures and if possible check if he is real or fake? Thank you so much
Bmescober0831
Junior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:08 pm

Please send the pictures to Big Al's email account, which is up above ^^ in this topic.

he said he will bring it and give it to me in person.

That would change if you keep talking to him. The "Gift" would not be able to be put on plane, and need shipping fees, or customs fees, etc...

So STOP chatting to him, ok? Did you block him yet and did you change your email address, phone number, dating site profile, other social site profiles?
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Big Al » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:13 pm

Please forward any E-mails or other information you have received from this person to my E-mail address.

You can see it below.
"Look for the lies."
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby Bmescober0831 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:34 pm

Hi Big Al I emailed you his photos.
Bmescober0831
Junior survivor

Unread postby Bmescober0831 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:43 pm

Hi Big Al, saw his Skype name its chris.tor72
So his fullname is CHRIS TOR.. Sorry i thought his XXXXXX is with H
Bmescober0831
Junior survivor

Next

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?