Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Dad scammed

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Dad scammed

Unread postby Mgholland » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:00 am

My dad is 69 years old. He met a woman on Craigslist. They actually met in person three
Times. She started asking for money under the guise of returning
It to him. Every time he thought he would get it bad Something happebebwd and he
Had to give out more money. The scammer, whose name I have, told him bro to tell his daughter what was going on.
She was smart enough to know that I would stop it. I changed his cell number
And she emailed hjm making him think he was going to be arrested
Because she identified as a Hooker.

It was a mess. He thought he was helping her, it it's been nothing but money given out
He is almost destitute. We stopped it and now it over with. She keeps sending emails to him. He idgnites them. She has threatened to find his home. What should I do at this point.
What I need to do and what I want to do are totally differ at.
I am
Mad. She hurt my dad.
Mgholland
New survivor

Re: Dad scammed

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:07 pm

This is not an online scam. Unfortunately ScamSurvivors does not deal with situations like yours. Your Dad's situation is better handled by his local police department. He needs to make a police report about any crimes that he thinks were committed and tell the police about the email threats.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?