Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Sure, let's just shut the site down shall we?!?!

Blog posts and news about the site.

Sure, let's just shut the site down shall we?!?!

Unread postby Wayne » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:51 pm

I was going to write something cheerful today as it's approaching another anniversary of my joining this community. Things change though, and now I'm just in a foul mood. "But Wayne, you always look so happy. You practically exude joy!" I hear you say. To you I say "Stop taking the piss. And get off my lawn!!".

So here's the situation. Recently Big Al had another takedown request regarding one of his posts. After all, someone could come to the site, not realise we're an antiscam site, miss out on the disclaimer saying how scammers steal stuff to pretend to be someone else and completely miss the title of the thread they're looking at that starts with "Scammers abusing stolen photos of....". We've had scammers pretend to be everyone from the Dalai Lama to Melania Trump, with all manner of people and companies inbetween. All it takes is a single glance at the site to see what it is we do, but that seems to be too much effort for some people, who instead prefer to send us takedown notices without ever doing any research short of "this site mentions our client".

Within the hour, we have had yet another request regarding Bank of America. This is the 3rd time in about 4 months we've had one regarding them, and from 2 different companies. Honestly, we have better, far more important things to do than deal with these. We do this voluntarily, giving up our precious free time to help others, yet we're constantly having to reply to emails like this. And it's not always emails too. I've had people screaming (and I mean LITERALLY screaming - I know how the word works) at me down the phone because a scammer had stolen their images and was using them to scam others. Like it's our fault! We have a faker maker who once again this week has tried to do a DMCA takedown on us as we posted his photos from his public profile online. Let me ask you something, would YOU put up with this shit if you were us? I've been doing this for 17 years, and for the last few I've never felt as disinclined to carry on as ever before. It's not the scammers. They're pretty much exactly the same as they always have been, just with more technology at their fingertips now. It's everyone else, especially the people who we seem to be having to fight with constantly in order to keep the site going. There's only so much we can take. Eventually we're going to snap. What happens then? Do we simply walk away, let the scammers win and find something else to do? If this keeps up it's a definite possibility. We are after all only human.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Return to Blog.