Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

...My Story...such as other's !

Stories we feel worth sharing with others are moved here.

...My Story...such as other's !

Unread postby Heather Leen » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:46 am

..I am facing the hardest moment in my life...I was scammed exactly in a moment I faced my husband death..It was cruel..I don't need to explain..Fragile moments made me a perfect victim...I don't know how I could be so involved...in a normal situation I'd never fell in this trap...But although I knew it was wrong, I couldn't help mysel...it was like a POISON over me..I felt my feet out of the floor..as an Enchantment and I needed to run away from my pain and it came in a perfect moment to that scammer...I am trying to forgive myself until now..it happened in the last 3 months...
Now I found this site and it is helping me a lot...
Even before, the last month was my "POST GRADUATION IN SCAMMERS BEHAVIOUR"...I HAD NEVER HEARD ABOUT IT BEFORE...Now I know almost all about them and it is really puting me stronger...The more I read and study about, the more I wanna do..and also helping others to avoid this trap...
It is disgusting..but I hope I can, as much as others here, I became a wiser and smarter person...I just don't wanna lose the trusting on people and LOVE...
I AM BROKEN NOW..FINANCIAL AND EMOTIONALLY..BUT I KNOW I WILL SURVIVE, BECAUSE I AM A GOOD AND SENSIBLE PERSON AND GOD HELPS ME...About those scammers...I am sure they will find their SAD END...THERE IS NO BAD THAT LASTS FOREVER!! I am doing my part here and in others sites...that is all I can do now to survive...and feel better!
I am glad I don't feel alone..there is much more to discover and we can do it!!!
So GOD HELPS US!! HUGS TO EVERYONE!Thanks to everyone here and I am at disposition to help anyone I can..That is MY REVENGE to them...
Heather Leen
New survivor

Re: ...My Story...such as other's !

Unread postby Ruffled Feathers » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:34 am

Hello Heather Leen

I am so sorry you were scammed. You were at the most vulnerable time of your life, I am sorry you lost your husband and then this creep comes along to hurt you further. Many of us have experienced romance scams, so we understand what you are saying in your post.

Many of us have walked in your shoes and understand the pain the scammer inflicts. They keep you hooked to your computer, calling at all hours of the day and night, telling you to keep "our" secret and then eventually requesting the money.

Heather, if you can, can you post the scammer's information, profile name used, where you met him and if you have any emails post those as well with the header/IP so we can find out where he actually is. Also if you spoke with him on Skype or fb, if you could post that information as well.

Please know, that everyone on this site is here to help you recover and heal from this experience. We know that romance scammers keep you in a state of sleep deprivation and not eating properly, so now you have to get as much rest and good food as possible, in order to regain your balance and life. This is very much a life changing event, but I can promise you, you will recover from it and will be a much stronger person, and your post is indicating that you are on the right path.

If at any time you would like to talk to someone here, please click onto the Live Help, and come into our chat room. There is always someone there who will listen and answer any questions you may have. I also suggest you read the section Tell Your Story Here, you will find many of the stories interesting and inspirational. The other area I suggest is Closure and Re Closure, When Will This End? These two sections are very helpful.

Please take care of yourself now, recovery and healing takes time, so give yourself that time.
RF
A scammer is only as good as the fear he creates.
Ruffled Feathers
Senior survivor

Unread postby Holly Louis » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:34 am

Hi there, Sorry to hear about the loss of your husband and you meeting up with a scammer, I know how you are feeling at the moment It does take a while to recover but you will, as Ruffled feathers mentioned take time now and really look after you, try to get lots of rest. You have been through a lot. I found it helpful in the early days to write it all down and say exactly what you think, it seems to help, then burn the paper. Take care...Holly Louis
Holly Louis
Junior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:15 pm

I'm sorry that you were scammed, Heather. :(
You are one of the wounded angels of this world, trusting and loving of others. You did nothing wrong in seeking love. Everything is the scammer's fault, not yours. Do not let the scammer take these wonderful qualities away from you. I see you have already started as a survivor and not a victim anymore. Keep going in that direction, because you deserve it and everyone on this forum will help you on the forward path.

Scammers have sold their souls for cash and flashy jewelry, and they are the walking dead on Earth.
Scammers will ultimately meet their sad end, as they choose money over people. On that you can rely.
Trust in yourself and trust in God, and you will recover. We see it occur every day.

The biggest and best revenge on your scammer is posting his exact details for his many other victims to find that he is trying to scam right now, and saving others. I hope that you will post as many details as you can here.

God Bless You. :)
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Tomi » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:28 am

Hi Heather. Sorry that you were scammed—emotionally and financially broken. The best gift that you can give yourself right now is to forgive yourself and to realize it was not at all your fault. You were just vulnerable and looking for love—and there’s nothing wrong with that. Being romance scammed could happen to anyone. But all the time, it happened to those wonderful kind of people like you---loving, trusting, compassionate and that there is so much goodness in them that they never expect that this kind of evil exists—that’s why they were caught unaware. It is when you start forgiving yourself that healing starts.

Journey towards healing is a tough journey but it’s also an amazing one. Here, you will discover more of yourself and be amazed of how strong and wise you have become plus more and that include your greater capacity to help others too. Surround yourself with good loving people, trust in your inner strength and also feel comfort that we are all here to support you. Just give yourself time—the tears, the pain and other unpleasant feelings after being scammed may take a while---but eventually you will recover and come out of it stronger and more beautiful person.

Like what they said, please do come back and post your scammer’s details here—expose him! In this way, not only you’re helping save innocent others from being scammed, hurt and wounded---it’s also one of the great cures towards your healing. And despite that terrible experience that you just had, I hope you don’t lose your trust in people and in goodness—just wiser this time. Take care and God bless. :)
Tomi
Senior survivor

Unread postby Adam » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:23 pm

Goodluck Heather, this site got good peoples to help us out.
Adam
New survivor

Unread postby duckhunter » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:00 am

Hi Heather. I'm so sorry you were scammed .. on top of the challenges you are already dealing with.

Vulnerability, lack of scam awareness, and being good, kind, compassionate people are what make individuals like us perfect targets for scammers. I suspect that because of your beautiful heart it never occurred to you that there are people out there like the creep who betrayed and robbed you. We always look for the good qualities in others that we possess and miss those that we do not. So, like many of us, you couldn't have seen it coming, which is not something to be ashamed of ... rather it's a positive quality that the world could use a whole lot more of.

My personal belief is that everything that occurs in our lives, if we allow it to, leads to a positive outcome. The journey from scam victim to survivor has the potential to teach us much about ourselves -- to find inner strength we didn't know was there, to take our power back from the scammer and claim it for ourselves, and especially to choose who and what we will be in light of all that has happened. Some of us battled with ourselves, wondering whether to become more jaded and 'cold-hearted' in order to be safer in the future ... or not. As you can see by the comments above, some decided to continue to be the same beautiful souls they always were ... and moreso.

No scammer on the planet will ever experience the peace, wisdom, understanding or joy that the experience of survivorhood can bring to our lives. It's not an easy path to take, but you WILL find the light at the end of the tunnel if you want to. Hang in there, and don't be a stranger here at the forum.

ps. PLEASE post the details of your scammer. You just never know how many innocent people you might save, not to mention how many dollars you might prevent your scammer from putting in his jeans.
"It is good to see what is beautiful, but you must also observe the ugly things ... you must be awake to everything ... you must be exposed to things which you don't quite understand, for the more you ponder over these matters which may be difficult for you, the greater will be your capacity to live richly." Krishnamurti.
duckhunter
Insert funny custom rank here.

Return to Tell your story here.