Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

newcomer

Stories we feel worth sharing with others are moved here.

Re: newcomer

Unread postby nottheone » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:47 pm

I am posting this song as an encouragement to all scam survivors. (I hope it's ok). It's been a source of strength for me and hope it will be for someone else:

Mary J Blige The Living Proof Lyrics
Songwriters: BLIGE, MARY J. / NEWMAN, THOMAS MONTGOMERY / MASON, HARVEY JAY / THOMAS, DAMON E.

It's gonna be a long long journey
It's gonna be an uphill climb
It's gonna be a tough fight
It's gonna be some lonely nights
But I'm ready to carry on
I'm so glad the worst is over
I can start living now, ooh
I feel like I can do anythin'
And finally I'm not afraid to breathe
Anything you say to me
And everything you do
You can't deny the truth
Cause I'm the living proof
So many don't survive
They just don't make it through
But look at me ooh
I'm the living proof
Oh yes I am

Thinkin' back life's been painful
Yes it was
Took a while to learn how to smile
So now I'm gonna talk to my people oh 
About the storm oh about the storm
Oh so glad the worst is over
I can start flyin' now oh
My best days are right in front of me
And I'm almost there

Cause now I am free
Anything you say to me
And everything you do
You can't deny the truth
Cause I'm the living proof
So many don't survive
But look at me
I'm the living proof

I know where I'm goin' hey
Cause I know where I've been oh
I gotta few stars that showin' hey
I'm gonna stay strong keep goin'
That's the way that I will
Anything you say to me
And everything you do
You can't deny the truth
Cause I'm the living proof oh
So many don't survive
But look at me yeah yeah
I'm the living proof

Nothing about my life's been easy
But nothings gonna keep me down
Cause I know a lot more today
Than I knew yesterday 
So I am ready to carry on!!!
nottheone
Junior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:15 am

Encouragement to other scam survivors is always ok. Members are free and encouraged to post anything helpful to any member here or to the readers who have not joined us here yet. :D
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby nottheone » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:31 am

I find myself struggling with continued invasive thoughts of Miguel on a daily basis. Even though I have broken off all communication, the emotional attachment, and anger is very much still apparent. Even though I know this is to be expected and normal, I don't like it. I am an analytical and logical individual, and I guess the idea that this person was able to break past that and blind me still causes me to kick myself in the ... My strength and fortitude are intact, and my faith is strong enough that I will get through this. But, I keep wondering, will there be backlash still? I keep my friends and family informed so that there will be no surprises. Even so, it is well with my soul. One day, one moment, one second at a time. I'm just saying.... :|

Nottheone
nottheone
Junior survivor

Unread postby Ruffled Feathers » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:58 am

Hi Nottheone,

What you are feeling is very normal, you have been through the worst, now that you have posted there is a certain let-down where you suspect your feelings still are not quite right and/or the scammer might find you again. This is all part of the recovery and healing. You are not alone in this, and don't ever allow yourself to feel alone. Everyone on this site is here to help you through this and all the wild feelings that make your mind/head wonder just what hit you.

Your feelings right now are perfectly normal, and you must allow yourself to go through these feelings in order to finish the healing process. It takes time, but I promise you, you will be OK in the end. This is something that you don't get over quickly, it does take time and you have to give yourself time, and one day you will wake up and wonder where all the feelings have gone and you will feel a new normal and be healthy, strong and much wiser than you were a few weeks ago.

I am happy to see you are healing so well, even if you don't quite recognize it yet.

Keep up the good work, RF
A scammer is only as good as the fear he creates.
Ruffled Feathers
Senior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:36 am

Very strong emotions will stick around for awhile and swing up and down until the scammer stops writing, and you have had some time to recover in your real life from this. I know that you have been posting tons of his emails lately, and other victims now have lots of his text to compare to what you received. Maybe it's time to back off from the posting, and concentrate on yourself now. Also, post some nice comforting words the new members who join us here. Helping others can help you to heal faster, too. Come and talk to us in the chatroom if something is bothering you about your feelings or you just want to talk "normal things."
Getting away from the scam you experienced and focusing forward might be what you need right now.
Ask God for comfort, peace, and healing. He listens to his angels of this world and will come to help you. :)
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Previous

Return to Tell your story here.