Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Gold digger or Pro Dater

Stories we feel worth sharing with others are moved here.

Re: Gold digger or Pro Dater

Unread postby Catfish » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:00 am

I guess the other thing I've learned is to always make sure I bleach my hair wear more makeup and dress pretty or else I will never be able to compete with the Romanian ladies so I will always be suspicious if I meet another man that I won't be good enough for him either. I am younger than her too which is a real kick in the teeth. I suppose if I want to meet somebody again I will have to up my game now I know these beautiful women are out there hunting. You have no idea how sad and helpless I feel.
EDIT
Well actually I don't think it is even worth me bothering again, I never want to go through another load of bull shit like this again. Better off on my own. :cry:
Catfish
Junior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:25 am

You are young, and may not realize that "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder," and "You can't judge a book by it's cover." Be yourself, and let him live in his fantasy world with his lying plastic thief. He made his choice, so let him go live with it all by himself. Hopefully, if he ever smartens up, you'll be long gone, and he can deal with the aftermath without you.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Request for Podcast

Unread postby Catfish » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:28 pm

Can you cover pro daters in a podcast please?
I haven't found much information or support for victims of these kind of women.
Catfish
Junior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:34 am

Maybe we will touch on that subject in a future podcast.

The main reasons for the lack of support for victims of these types of scams is the victims themselves.
It is hard to admit to anyone, even anonymously online, that "they were a 'Mr. Wants-To-Live-In-A-Fantasy World' who gave all their money to 'Miss High-Priced PsychoHooker,' and now I'm living on the street."
I think admitting that is harder for most men than admitting you are an alcoholic or addicted to heroin. The social stigma involved in admitting that PsychoHooker addiction is extreme.
Consequently, the only ones we have ever had contact with are just a few in the beginning of the scam who were suspicious enough to question the scam and left after confirmation to move on with their lives, and a couple who were on life-long vendettas against the scammer trying to fruitlessly get their money back in court cases.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Catfish » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:42 pm

This is true. I've seen it said that the people who are most easily scammed are greedy and looking for something for nothing. I fell foul because I couldn't offer any fame and fortune, and didn't have the connections she did, in the end the grass was greener in Romania, and nothing I could do or say would convince him otherwise. I feel so sad that his family have suffered, particularly his mum, because she was looking forward to having a gorgeous daughter in law and grandchildren. ( she said she wanted children with him it is so awful to do that and lie) but I guess she was pretty clueless about this kind of thing and took it at face value and now they have nothing, not even me to commiserate with them. Greed begets greed after all.
Catfish
Junior survivor

Unread postby firefly » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:28 pm

Catfish,

this situation is not happening because of the connection you may have or you may have not. It is a Romanian pro-dater involved in your friend story, yes... but similar cases happens with scammers from other countries also. It is a mix between an online scam and a real life scam - in fact a form of prostitution where the Internet is used just to get the victim more close, allowing the scammer to play the game on the victim's ground. From the moment when the victim met the scammer in person, it is no more an online scam. The victim - your friend in this case - is the only one who can stop this. We explained you already: at this stage, it is nothing you can do to change anything. He choose his path - he want the fantasy and he is addicted to the scammers lies more as he want the reality. You are no more part from his reality and you need to accept that.

From a point of view, you and your friend have something in common: both of you don't want to accept the truth. He decided to believe the scammers lies no matter the costs. You decided to spin around this situation, no matter how much this is hurting you. Accept the reality: it is nothing you can do to change anything. You can no save him, but at least you can save yourself. If you can not do it alone, maybe it is the time to search for professional help. We were trying to help you - but we can not do it as long as you don't try to help yourself.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby Catfish » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:41 pm

I am sorry, I just feel very demoralised because I am not an ugly woman, I. always try to make an effort to look nice and I tried to compromise over this, thinking he'd get tired of all the pretend stuff and I tried to see both sides and be a good companion, but in the end he had to choose and he chose her over me because she was better than me. I have had counseling because it has damaged my self esteem, I am still trying to feel good about myself but to be honest I'm not aiming for another relationship because men are shallow and selfish, you try to let them have their cake and eat it and they betray you. I don't want to have it flung in my face again and I'm afraid pretty much all men go for a trophy woman in the end, I can't go through this again with somebody else as long as the internet exists they will all end up doing it.
Thank you for your advise, I appreciate it.
I am still having doubts that this was really a scam though and not true love, it looked like true love to me but I'm confused. :shock:
Catfish
Junior survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:06 pm

And on that point, I think this topic is done. Time to lock it.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Previous

Return to Tell your story here.