Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

The Story of Cyril

Stories we feel worth sharing with others are moved here.

The Story of Cyril

Unread postby Shinigami » Wed May 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Hey everyone,
So I decided to actually post something here instead of my usual lurking.
Long before I was ever really aware of scams or scambaiting, I met a man named Cyril on a singles site. We added each other on Yahoo messenger and chatted everyday.
This guy painted a picture of everything that you would want, but still, women's intuition kicked in.
The more I heard of his stories, the more they did not piece together correctly. He asked me to open a bank account and that was a huge alert for me. It was at that point that I started to research scams and I dropped the guy right away. From there it lead to scambaiting after I had found a site with some funny and fantastic baits on it (the site is sadly gone now). I gained a great deal of inspiration from that person and decided to try it for myself. I've been doing it ever since and even branched out into more. I continue to learn everyday and always eager for more.
Over 100 Fake Sites Killed
And Counting...
Shinigami
Resident site killer

Re: The Story of Cyril

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed May 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Welcome to SS, Shinigami and thanks for telling your story here. :D
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Re: The Story of Cyril

Unread postby duckhunter » Sat May 05, 2012 7:50 am

Nice to meet you Shinigami ... wish everyone we met had such a successful run-in with these guys. Way to go!!
"It is good to see what is beautiful, but you must also observe the ugly things ... you must be awake to everything ... you must be exposed to things which you don't quite understand, for the more you ponder over these matters which may be difficult for you, the greater will be your capacity to live richly." Krishnamurti.
duckhunter
Insert funny custom rank here.

Return to Tell your story here.