Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

DON'T BE SCAMMED ..BE WARNED !!

Stories we feel worth sharing with others are moved here.

DON'T BE SCAMMED ..BE WARNED !!

Unread postby SCB » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:19 am

Yes this is a real scam story.. It all became as just curiosity looking on websites . The ones I checked out where these
Singleparents.com or Match.com . Since I lived in Canada I only thought of just chatting with ppl who lived in my home town. Reasonable enough right? So I started making my profile and I got a few contacts who left me messages .
(Match.Com) I would only answer to the ones I thought were interesting. Then I get this one message and then checked there profile. Male Widow age 48. Daughter age 14. His profile stated about his whole family which sounded more sad than what he looking for. His picture profile was handsome. But he lived in the states .UK so he tells me. It all started out as friendly, them he started giving me love poems. Wanting to chat with me on line or on messenger. I started to have some feelings for him. But to me it all seemed to be too soon to really know for sure. He is telling me he is falling in love with me. We started chatting almost every day ( Fall of 2010) He told me about his job in what he does, how he has to travel at times. He was living in London England and was his widow wife was Canadian. One other thing we had in common was he was a Single parent . So I thought. I was going through some things in my life that I really didn't need any confusion or unhappiness. I am a very positive person and in the reality of things face to face, you know how to pick out a scammer . Online it is a very different story , and I mean story. A story what is being told to you, that you only want to hear. Who to believe , What to believe. A very sad game they like to play. And once they get away with it the first time they keep trying for more. New names are made, peoples identity, pictures, profiles. Anything that sounds good to you is there way to lure you in with there so called love and kindness. Now for the problems they may have. Here is one of them...Oh I have to fly out to Malaysia from London I will call when I land. Two days go by he tells me that he doesn't have enough money to pay the tax for his job to bring back the products. (Hinting ) Well I don't have that kind of money so no. ok he said then again asks me later would you be able to try. A day later he finds away to get the tax. Through out all this, he tells me also when the job is done. He supposed to have half million coming to him from doing this job. He even shows me his business bank account and gives me the number so I would believe him. But still he now asks me and tells me he needs help because they have money on hold at a business account bank in the UK. For the deal to go through he needs to get this money out . He tells me If I could wire the money to him , he would get it all back to me after the deal was done in
Malaysia. Because he would get paid. He said he wanted to start off a new life here in Canada and wanted to be with me and my child. There is so much more that was said . Lets say this yes some money went out to this scam. And some what screwed me over financially . But I truly didn't let it get me down. At first I was very angry :evil: at myself self-esteem was crushed and so was my heart. How could I let that happen to me. Like most of us we are looking for that special someone one last time. All I could do was say to my self this was a lesson know you must move on and don't let it eat away at you. The only way to get the money back is to work hard at it in the coming years. I never let anyone know I gave out money to this scammer. I felt bad enough not wanting to let my family or friends know. I try not to think of it much I just keep on moving on with my life. It will always stay with you just got to keep pushing on. I sure wanted to get back at him for what he did to me. Not saying that all websites out there are all scams. Because I known people who met there husbands or wife's on them. and are still married today and happy. You just need to watch out for the signs. Good Luck and thanks for listening and stay strong.
SCB
New survivor

Re: DON'T BE SCAMMED ..BE WARNED !!

Unread postby Pinky » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:30 am

Welcome SBC.

No doubt the circumstances were painful for you, but your story is hardly unique. Probably thousands of women (and men) are going through the same thing at any given moment of the day. Because most suffer silently as you have done and don't protest, the world really can't grasp the widespread scope of romance scams.

They're simply evil. The perpetrators are evil. The only way to stop them is to warn everyone who uses the internet and even then they'll probably find new ways.
Pinky
Junior survivor

Unread postby duckhunter » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:03 am

Hi SCB. I'm so sorry that you were scammed.

Please don't be hard on yourself for what happened. The most intelligent of people have been successfully scammed, because it is our emotions that are manipulated. Scammers operate from a time-tested script that allows them to bypass logic, and elicit compassion, kindness and goodness in their victims ... which they use to feed their own greed.

As for the dating sites -- sadly many dating sites enjoy boasting a large membership of good-looking people, many of whom are scammers ... and they are remiss in their responsibilities to keep their members safe.

Please post your scammer's details, either here or in the 'romance scams' section so that his details can be made known to search engines ... thereby hopefully protecting others from inflicting the pain he has caused you.
"It is good to see what is beautiful, but you must also observe the ugly things ... you must be awake to everything ... you must be exposed to things which you don't quite understand, for the more you ponder over these matters which may be difficult for you, the greater will be your capacity to live richly." Krishnamurti.
duckhunter
Insert funny custom rank here.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:40 pm

Welcome SCB and thanks for telling your story here. I'm sorry that you were scammed. :(

We really need this scammer's details posted. This UK, Nigeria, Malaysia connection with fake websites, fake banking sites, fake bank statements, fake courier websites is a very dangerous and successful scam that has been running over the last two years or so, and many victims have gotten caught up in it for huge amounts of money and lots of broken hearts. Please return and give us as much of the details as you can. This scammer is actually part of a whole big group or gang of scammers all over the world. I guarantee that they have more than a dozen more victims each on the hook at this moment and adding more on a daily basis. Only the details that you possess posted here can save them from heartache pain and financial loss.
Please post:
Name the scammer used and his email address.
Any and all names of any other fake associates and their emails used in this scam. (Couriers, bankers, lawyers, etc.)
Pictures the scammer sent to you.
Name and website links of any bank or courier website. These can be closed down.
Opening emails of each "character" with full header information.
Any "images" attachments of bank account slips he or anyone else in the scam sent, with the emails/headers when he showed you that.
All money request emails with headers. If he gave you a bank account to transfer money to, the email with the banking details inside include full headers of the email. (We can also get his accounts reported for closing.)
Every phone number he or his associates used to contact you and character who used them.
His profile name on match.com and his posted details of himself and descriptions.

Lastly, do not tell the scammer you posted his details or confront him in any way, and do not say one thing to him. Ignore all contact, and watch out for recovery scams.

If you need help or direction in posting this information, please contact us here in the topic, via pm to staff here, or visit our chat room. We will give you all the help necessary to get as much information posted as possible. Thank you for thinking of the other victims. :)
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

DON'T BE SCAMMED ..BE WARNED!! Update

Unread postby SCB » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:45 pm

Hello All
Here is another up date on a name that Scammed me..Germain Preston . Which is a name out there who's identity was stolen. He had a profile on the dating website Match.com . The name has know changed and so has the picture. This is what came up later after knowing that I had been scammed from a blog I found. First Comment on his Blog of Germain Preston...
MGT said...
interestingly enough, the person in this picture claims to have the same address/same sad family tragedy/same business as someone I met on match.com but a different picture completely and was asking for money via internet because he was stuck in malaysia short enough $$ to secure a business deal. one of the two is lying...hmmm.
December 14, 2010 5:31 PM
Second Comment : Kathy Said
I ran into this photo on Match.com as well. Thanks for the post I have doubts
too.
January 14th , 2011 5:35pm

I really hopes this helps and that you can stop this person on your site. I attached 3 pic's of him hope you are able to see then up closer . The new name was changed to David McAndrew with different picture like mentioned ., but his profile stayed the same. If only there was a way to contact these two people and let them know there identity was being used. They could maybe catch the scammer. I have pictures of these two just not sure how to up load it on here.
SCB
SCB
New survivor

Unread postby Pinky » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:48 am

SCB, please hang about a bit and read information on scams.

What you are finding are many different scammers using the same guy's picture, plus many different scammers using the 'format' of your first scammer. There are tens of thousands of scammers in west Africa alone that are doing this for a living. Add to that, thousands in Malaysia, the Ukraine and Russia and I'll bet you could find a million scammers on the net at any given moment in time. Less than 1 in a million ever gets caught. No victim ever gets money back.
Pinky
Junior survivor

Return to Tell your story here.