Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scam- kumasi, ghana

Stories we feel worth sharing with others are moved here.

Scam- kumasi, ghana

Unread postby waynec » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:45 am

Hello, My name is Wayne, I signed up to skype for business purposes. I got a call from a girl named amanda osei, who claimed she lived in kumasi Ghana and wanted to chat on skype then yahoo! She appeared on her webcam once or twice when we were chatting, she was a lovely girl, she sent me pictures and all! After a couple of long chat sessions, she asked for money for rent and food stuff for her and her mother and brother! All the time telling me she was in love and said I was the guy for her for life! She was even on webcam doing a sexy dance for me and I was convinced she was real. She said she was 27 yrs old. I later figured out this was a scam and amanda didn't exist, even webcam sessions were just stolen video's and that I was talking to some guy scammer! I was in doubt about this girl the whole time,but he was very good at chatting and talking like a girl! I have since had 5 or 6 contacts on skype, claiming to be young women with problems and needed money! But there were so many red flags that I ignored because this scammer was good. Now any contacts from women with pretty profile pictures, from Ghana I delete. Watch out for women who want to chat from Ghana!
Last edited by SlapHappy on Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: deleted email from post. SH
waynec
New survivor

Re: Scam- kumasi, ghana

Unread postby Jean Tanner » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:04 am

I'm sorry you were victimised and thanks for the heads-up, wayne!
I knew 'ladies' from Senegal were famous for being scammers- they claim to be in a refugee camp and send you into a labyrinth of bankers and soliciters in search of the 'papers' that are on the point of being ready to get 'her' out of the camp.
Papers which are always just one more payment away, you know!

Good to know the Ghanaians are so enterprising.
Jean Tanner
New survivor

Unread postby duckhunter » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:03 am

Hib waynec. Thankfully you drew back before your scammer was able to get his or her claws into you. Often that is not the case. Well done. Perhaps your skills at discerning scammers could be utilized ...
"It is good to see what is beautiful, but you must also observe the ugly things ... you must be awake to everything ... you must be exposed to things which you don't quite understand, for the more you ponder over these matters which may be difficult for you, the greater will be your capacity to live richly." Krishnamurti.
duckhunter
Insert funny custom rank here.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:34 am

Welcome to SS, waynec. :D I'm glad that you spotted these scammers. Anyone asking for money on the internet is always a scammer.

If she ever used the phone to call you, can you post the phone number she gave you?
Can you post the exact skype name in the profile part of skype? There can be different names showing from the one you see ring you.
Also, do you have any email account name of the scammer?
Can you post the pictures she sent to you and any emails with headers?

Scammers will sometimes have their scammy girlfriends do the phone call or skype talking. The ones that try to imitate female voices usually fail at it miserably. Fake videos are very common too.

Thanks for taking the time to post your scammer to help other victims of this one, waynec. :D
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby firefly » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:52 am

Hello, Waynec.

Sorry for your bad experience.

By those few elements, posted by you above, i can bet that "she" use Lana Brooke´s stolen images - see viewtopic.php?f=11&t=484.

SlapHappy is right: any other detail reported by you about this one can help us to find more about "her" and maybe to save other potential victims.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby Big Al » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:33 pm

Search Results for "Kumasi Ghana Scammer":

http://www.bing.com/search?q=kumasi+gha ... ORM=IE8SRC
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:07 pm

Right, Big Al, are alot reported online. For this reason, some details about this one are needed.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby Big Al » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:25 pm

That or point the little a-hole out. LOL.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Return to Tell your story here.