Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scammers impersonating Matthew Koder

Post up any 419 emails you received. All persons/companies depicted in these emails are either fictitious or have had their identities copied/stolen by the scammers. Emails posted by staff are received unsolicited to their "catcher" accounts.

Scammers impersonating Matthew Koder

Unread postby firefly » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:40 pm

Matthew Koder is the president of Global Corporate and Investment Banking for Bank of America.

He is not the one sending emails out of the blue asking you to contact him. The scammers used this approach for money transfer scams, usually next of kin scams.

Unsolicited email received:

Greetings from here.

My name is Matthew Koder. I want to know if this email address is still valid to write to you. There is something important I would like to discuss with you.

Thank you

Dr. Matthew Koder

Header:

Return-Path: <burtjoshua400@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 02:40:39 -0700
Message-ID: <CACZ48NcrWyuEO9Eu1JHY3-aJ6sgTJTtoca9GOSzGdKmFeSaGcw@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: Very Urgent
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

dr.matthewkoder1@outlook.com

Unread postby firefly » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:14 pm

Same message also received from:

Return-Path: <dr.matthewkoder1@outlook.com>
Received: from tc56-cw8c.accessdomain.com ([70.32.96.89])
Received: from [127.0.0.1] (port=60726 helo=xqpr-g8cb.accessdomain.com) by xqpr-g8cb.accessdomain.com with esmtpa (Exim 4.93) (envelope-from <dr.matthewkoder1@outlook.com>) id 1mlsEF-0003H6-1E;
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 07:33:54 -0500
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: hello
Reply-To: dr.matthewkoder1@outlook.com
Message-ID: <43631af96e0b3c4ac0c4f7e4558f8f5b@outlook.com>
X-Sender: dr.matthewkoder1@outlook.com
User-Agent: Roundcube Webmail/1.3.15

Originating IP: 70.32.96.89
Originating ISP: Mediatemple
Country of Origin: United States
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: dr.matthewkoder1@outlook.com

Unread postby firefly » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:45 pm

Reply received:

Dear friend,

How are you and how is your family? I know you will be surprised reading this mail. I just came back from your country three years ago where I attended a seminar on behalf of my bank and which was co-hosted with China Construction Bank.

However, I want to thank you for giving me your email and my sincere apology if the contents of this message do not meet your personal quirks. The reason I contacted you is because of our deceased customer whom I presumed to be your relative because of the similarities in your last names and most importantly because he was also from your country, he happens to be one of the high-profile personalities I have worked for while he was an investor with our bank. In the year 2003 he came to our bank here in America to engage in business discussions with a financial portfolio of $17.3 million which he wished to have us turn over (invest) on his behalf. I was the officer assigned to his case. We turned the money around various opportunities and made attractive margins for our first years of operation. In mid-2005, he asked that the money be liquidated for onward transfer because he needed to make an urgent investment requiring cash payments. I undertook all the processes and had the fund liquidated, and that was the last time we heard from him. I did everything humanly possible to track him down all to no avail, and since he listed no next of kin in his bio-data form, so I have no one to contact.

Note, after a month, we sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his contract employers that my client died from an automobile accident and the accident claimed the life of his wife and two children.

There is still $17.3 Million plus the accrued interest abandoned in our bank all these years and now my worst nightmare is about to happen as the bank wants to revert the funds back into our treasury as unclaimed and abandoned monies in line with our banking policy. What need to be done now is for me to insert your name from our system into his file as the heir and successor to the portfolio, and once that is done the money automatically become yours, after-which I will guide you with information(s) and furnish you with documents to prove your right to the funds, and have the funds release to you as the rightful and legal heir so that we will share it equally.

Please understand that I am basically aware it is not easy to trust anyone these days with all the happening all over the world, but you seem like someone with some level of sensitivity, wisdom and intelligence as such I expect you to see beyond the above-listed elements and envisage a fortuitous prospect in this divine blessing. Consequently, my proposal is that I would like you as a foreigner to stand in as the next of kin to the deceased person for the fact that you have the same last name with him so that this money will not be reverted by the government. I am his account manager and it is my responsibility to present his relatives or anybody from his country because the most important thing is to get the funds out of the bank to avoid confiscation. I know you may be the relative or not, but the most important thing is to transfer the funds out of the bank. A circular has been served to every banking system in respect of unclaimed funds and we have to be fast so that the funds will not be confiscated. It will be transferred in line with global procedure.

I want you to observe utmost confidentiality and be rest assured that this transaction would be most profitable for both of us because I shall require your assistance to invest my share in your country in any profitable business. I am a family man and this is a chance to provide them with new opportunities. There is a reward for this project and it is a task worth undertaking.

We will share the fund into two equal parts and we can invest together. I will give you more details in your return mail.

Thank You

Yours sincerely,

Dr. Matthew Koder
Bank Auditor, Account Manager & Financial Controller
Private / Global Corporate and Investment Banking Division
Bank Of America

Header:

Return-Path: <dr.matthewkoder1@outlook.com>
To:
Subject: Re: Hello
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 22:50:28 +0000
Message-ID: <LNXP265MB05409A8A9A974AC7BE3E63FBD4999@LNXP265MB0540.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: dr.matthewkoder1@outlook.com

Unread postby firefly » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:48 pm

Email received:

I have attached my passport scan copy in this message so that you will know whom you are working with in this transfer. I want us to proceed immediately because a circular has been sent to every banking system in respect of abandoned funds and I do not want the funds of the dead customer to be confiscated. I will give you more details in your return mail.

Fake document received with the message:

firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Scammer 419 emails.