Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Benin import frauds

Scam reports from the FraudWatchers forum.

Re: Benin import frauds

Unread postby HillBilly » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:12 am

13 April 2008, 19:28
Mandy

Oops How about "ABIEYE INTERNATIONAL VENTURES"
Dear poirot

I got an inquiry letter from ABIEYE INTERNATIONAL VENTURES and already send they our products quotation. Today i receive their reply as below

"As we inform you that we are studying your price base on our market value and estimate and this morning our marketing manager has confirm your price moderate with our firm and we are out to distribute this your product throughout the sectors on our country were our clients located and nearby country with our netwok of distributing linking.
So this morning we have called meeting with all our clients to come down to our office as to enable us meet and arrange our order base on their sectors interested quantity and immediately we conclude with them , we will forward our order for your confirmation .
You are require to arrange the physical sample of this product the one available with you now and send it through dhl or tnt courier service as to enable it arrive here on time,below is how you are to address the sample."

ATTEN. MR UCHE OKORO
ABIEYE INTERNATIONAL VENTURES
C/228 MISSEBO COTONOU REPUBLIC
OF BENIN
00229-97605620

Immediately you send the sample kindly forward to us the tracking n?as to enable us track it and know when it will arrive here and also kindly let us know your capacity of supply monthly as to enable us know how to arrange our order monthly per monthly in six month supply duration.

Mr Usman Kalu
00229-97605620"

Are anyone receive similar letter from this company? I'm not sure this company is scammer or not. Could somebody tell me more information about this company? Thanks a lot.

Old 14 April 2008, 03:21
poirot
Support
Timezone: .
Languages: English Français
Names are not the most important when identifying a scam since the thieves change them regularly.

More indicative of a fraud is the demand for advance fees for whatever reason, from product certification to import license etc..,
The Benin Chamber of Commerce clearly state (Paragraph 6) that no product registration or license are required of foreign companies who wish to export to Benin. Their site is in French.

If you Google the following: 97605620 benin
you will have your answer regarding your current contact. It's a scam.
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:28 am

15 May 2008, 21:36
surendharhc
Timezone: 11.47
Languages: English
Find out whether this company is a genuine ?
STE ZAMAOTUE BENIN SARL
CARRIER 1102-1129 AKPAKPA COTONOU
TEL: +22997446133 FAX: +229974461331
AKPAKPA DODOMEY COTONOU
REPUBLIQUE DU BENIN W/A

We have a bulk inquiry from the above buyer. Please send your comments
whether this a worth company or buyer ?

Old 16 May 2008, 04:21
poirot
Support
Both phone numbers are mobiles therefore anonymous.

+229 97446133 has been used in past scams with the name SOCIETE BLUEGREEN SARL

It's a scam.

If you are not able to have thorough due diligence research done on your international customers, I would advise you to avoid all countries of West Africa. Specially Benin, Togo, Cameroon and Nigeria.

Old 22 May 2008, 03:04
poirot
Support
http://www.itagz.com/sraf-bmali/ Dead
SURVIVAL REFUGEES AID FOUNDATION (S.R.A.F)
Rue 25, porte 200 Sebenikoro
Bamako Mali, West Africa
Tel : 002236454386 Fax : 0022364543861
E-mail : sraf-contracts@excite.com
E-mail : sraf-project@contractor.net

SURVIVAL REFUGEES AID FOUNDATION (S.R.A.F) is one of the West African government approved NGO for sustaining and rehablitation of the Refugees in West Africa .
We are interested to award contract on the below items : if you are interested to supply any of these items , please write us for more details.
-
1. WHEAT FLOUR
2. RICE Long Grain White
3. ONION
4. BEANS (RED SPEACKLED)
5. SUGAR ICUMSA 45
6. Cement (Grade:42.5)
7. Milk Powder
8. Ply Woods and woods
-
Regards
-
Mr, Ibrahim Diallo
(Procurement Manager)

http://www.gidonline.com/buyingselling/ShowBuySell.asp?BSId=45541&stat=P
FOOD STUFF SUPPLY CONTRACT
Description :
Dear Sir
It is our pleasure to write you about a contract award .
We are interested to award contract on the below items which have been
budgeted by the West African Government for helping the Refugees
with target price sum of $15, million USD for each of the below stated items .
If you are interested to supply any of these items , please write us for more details.
-
1. WHEAT FLOUR
2. RICE Long Grain White
3. ONION
4. BEANS (RED SPEACKLED)
5. SUGAR ICUMSA 45
6. Cement (Grade:42.5)
7. Milk Powder
8. Ply Woods and woods

Regards,

Mr Alou Cisse
Mobile Direct OO233 9019910
E..mail Commercebase2@yahoo.com
Bamako-Mali in West Africa.
SURVIVAL REFUGEES AID FOUNDATION (S.R.A.F)
Rue 25, porte 200 Sebenikoro
Bamako Mali, West Africa
Tel : 00223 6454386 Fax : 00223 64543861
E-mail : sraf-contract@excite.com Website : http://www.itagz.com/sraf-maliDead

alex977

check scam
please check if this is a scam fundation:

Foundation For African Development ( FAD )
HQ. C/258, Rue Des Ambassade, Ganhi
Cotonou, Republique Du Benin
West Africa
Tel: +229 21 07 37 31
Fax: +229 21 07 37 32

regards

Old 29 May 2008, 10:24
poirot
Support
Foundation For African Development - FAD is strictly a Uganda NGO and has no presence in Benin that I can find.

But the main clue that you are being scammed is that demand for advance fees.

The tender/contract doesn't exist. If you pay these fees, they will simply come back with new fees etc.., It's a scam.
Please read my last post for more information.
Quote:
they won't stop trying to convince you until they succeed. They have hundreds of fake company names and as many fake documents to back up their claim.

30 May 2008, 02:58
Alex977

FAD scamming
This foundation FAD (Foundation for African Development) are asking me for this certificate "Non Indigenous Contractor's Certificate", in the Regional Inland Revenue Bureau (RIRB).
They told me to talk with this attorney:

Castelo Overseas

Premier maison de Castelo,

Carre 201-204 Caboma, 01 BP 1457,

Cotonou- Republique du Bénin

Direct line: +229 9778 0731

Email: castelooverseas@voila..fr

castelo_overseas@lawyer.com

Attn: Castelo V Pierre Esq

----------------------------------------------------

They have send me this e-mail:

To obtain the Non Indigenous Contractor's Certificate that will cost you Euros 2,450 according to the present currency exchange of yesteday and as confirmed to me by the attorney, therefore what I want you to do is to arrange this amount and contact with the below Chambers, they will help you obtain the Certificate before it is late as our executive meeting will be on Friday next week which is a week from now.

Castelo Overseas
Email: castelooverseas@voila.fr
Tel: 097780731
Contact person: Castelo Pierre ESQ.

Meanwhile I would have asked you to contact RIRB directly but if you do
that, it is going to cost you much than ever thought of, the only way you
can obtain the Non Indigenous Contractor's Certificate at a Cheaper rate is
through the above attorney. Therefore contact them immediately and proceed,
for any further documents, the attorney will let you know.

Please tell me something Mr. Poirot.
Thank you

Old 30 May 2008, 08:44
poirot
Support
Alex977, I don't think you grasp the point I have been trying to make.
You have asked about several of these so far, which have all been confirmed scams.

I have already described how to check the online Benin phone books, and which document to check from the Benin Chamber of Commerce web site to verify the existence of the importer. Also how to detect their mobiles (229 9xxxxxxx).

- Have the details of this "Castelo Overseas" been given to you by the same people?
Then since those past ones where scams, so is this one.

- If not, are you simply contacting various West African posters on B2B boards?
Bad idea. As I stated, they are all scams as far as I have found.

- or are these new ones contacting you, and they just happen to be from Benin?
Since you probably where never contacted by Benin businesses prior to this, you can bet that they are all the same crooks.

I've also already stated that the whole purpose of these scams is to make you pay various advance fees, which is exactly what this bogus outfit is trying to do. That should be all the reason you need to know it's a scam.

Scammers have an unlimited supply of made up names, and made up permits and fees so this could go on indefinitely unless you use some of the information already given here.

By the way, voila.fr is a free webmail address, and so is lawyer.com which is from mail.com. See complete list CLICK==>http://www.scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=14256
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:55 am

4 June 2008, 22:46
Wineseller
Timezone: GMT+10
AGARACHA INTERNATIONAL SARL
We received the email below today. Can someone tell me if this is a scam?

Dear Sirs
We want to introduce our company AGARACHA INTERNATIONAL SARL was establish in 2005 and leading imported wines ,beverages,spirits, liqueurs products company here in Benin Republic West Africa,we are looking forward to receive your products export price list to enable us proceed this transaction,
Best Regard
Victor Steven

AGARACHA INTERNATIONAL SARL
C/794 PARCELT COTONOU REPUBLIC OF BENIN
TEL: 0022997582414115
FAX: 0022997582414112

Old 5 June 2008, 03:29
poirot
Support
It's a scam. The same phone/fax number where used in the past under another name in the same import scam
Quote:
FAITH INTERNATIONAL SARL
EL/00229 97582414115
FAX/00229 97582414112
ATTN:MR EYE SMITH

You should know that dealing with west African countries can be very hazardous and requires thorough due diligence, otherwise you are sure to get scammed.

The worse country of all for this type of scam is Benin.

17 June 2008, 08:00
gludi

SCAMED, TOO
Unfortunatelly i was scamed too from this:

VICTOR STEVEN
Agaracha International
TEL: 0022997582414115
E-Mail: AGARACHAINTER@AOL.FR

Hope to help as many people as possible with this informations.
By

19 June 2008, 03:08
diabolik
Timezone: GMT
Scams in Benin
[Dear Fraudwatch,

Please beware of this company:
Company Name: Mac-Hugo Ventures Ltd
Address: # 13 Owerri Road Akpakpa Cotonou, Republic of Benin.
Tel: +229-93128218
Contact Person: Mr. Oko Emole
Zip Code: 00229
Other contacts: Mrs Maccelatou Hugo, Mr Hugo

They ordered products, and produced a beautiful bank telex with the full amount and sent by the BOA - Bank od Africa in Benin. Even my bank manager thought it was real. I received a call after a few days asking for money to release goods from custom, and register the products to the relevant local authorities.... SCAM!!!

Also, I was given the following contact:
Receivers Name: OKPAN SAMUEL ARU
City: COTONOU
Question: WHAT IS YOUR PETS NAME?
Answer: CATHY

where to send the money by Western Union

Kind regards

23 June 2008, 13:01
BevGuy

WAIDCO update with contacts
Thanks very much for your sage advice:
Here are two people and contacts we have been back and forth with as recent as today.
They are persistent upon us to send our banking details (which we believe to be very strange at this point) and asked for us to update our Proforma Invoice to reflect their company name (at this point it has been generic). When we delay to provide the information to one of the companies- the contact from the other one replies shortly thereafter noting that we are delaying the procedure and prompts us to send additional information.
Should we be worried at this point?- or continue to chat with them?
They have our company name- one of our executives names from the company (point of contact)- and website and telephone numbers (all available on the internet).
Again strange that no money requests have been made by them to us...and they have even offered for us to keep their 3% commission at this point to help reinvest and "further develop their Country". (again havent seen that comment in past scams)

What else will they try as we have made it very clear we will not be sending any money for fees and all fees fall under their responsibilities (yet they still keep contacting us).....will they now try to get our bank info (as they keep asking) and try a scam that way? Is that even possible?

First to contact us:
Mr Victorine Abraham / Director
Group Benimass Sarl
Tel: 0229-95071705
Group Benimass Benimass g_benimass@yahoo.fr

Second to contact us......and our point of contact (buyer)

WEST AFRICAN INTER DISTRIBUTION COMPANY (WAIDCO)
C/75 Cadjehoun , Cotonou
Benin Republic
Tel: 00229-97847692
Email: waidcompany@yahoo.fr
Attn: Mr.Adjovi Williams (Director General

Hope this helps someone else in the future.....still awaiting further details and instructions from them...but thank everyone for their help and support in avoiding a possible scam...

Old 24 June 2008, 06:26
BevGuy

WAIDCO SCAM
Here is the most recent communication....the realization that "our products are not registered in their region"....now we expect the reply to be "send money"....however, we let them know that this will be their responsibility as the "importer on record" and we never look after such requests...only help with the paper....not fees.

I dont expect to hear too much more from them....but you never know.....
See email below......

"Thanks for your mail, we were called this morning by the buyers (Waidco) and they told us that, they have discovered that your products has not been registered in this region. Kindly let us know if this true, Or if your product has been registered, kindly send to us the copy of the products Health Approval Certificate, for verification and presentation to the buyers.

It may please you to know that there is a need for Certification of all Foods and consumer related products in this region. As the samples are still in our position, we will be happy to handle this on your company behalf, and submit the products samples to them, while you will contact them as the direct producer with other requirements for the Registration.

Kindly confirm the above, we are waiting for your quick reply, Yesterday i tried to contact you on phone, the line wasn't through, therefore i am expecting you to call me as soon as you read this mail.

Best Regards,

Mr Victorine Abraham / Director
Group Benimass Sarl.
Tel: 00229-95071705"

Waidco scam continues.......new contact
We have been asked to contact the following company (ANCAED). Never heard of them before and cant find any information on this company...again contact has a yahoo address and looks to be a cell phone number- we are sure it is a scam. Can anyone confirm?
Never seen this name come up before.
See email below: It looks like they are getting restless as we are not sending the remaining information to them....

"Thanks for your mail, which the content was duely noted. We believe that registration of products doesn't exist only in West Africa, Likewise in America, we are sure that it exist and it is not the reponsibility of buyers to have imported products registered to the country you are exporting to, this is our first time of hearing such.

We are ready to rush action on this proceedure, and therefore advice you to contact the Health Authority as the director producer of your beverage, with the below address, while we will go a head and submit the samples with us to them today.

HEALTH AUTHORITY CONTACT ADDRESS:

AGENCE NATIONALE POUR LA CONTROLE D'ALIMENTATION ET LA DROGUE (ANCAED)
C/55 PK6 AKPAKPA, COTONOU
REPUBLIQUE DU BENIN.
Tel: 00229-93235037
Email: ancaed1@yahoo.fr
Attn: Mr Basil George"

Old 25 June 2008, 04:13
poirot
Support
MABROSS LTD is another one of those fake Benin companies currently claiming to be importers of various goods:
OUR OFFICE ADDRESS ARE AS FOLLOWS.
textile goods, garment fabrics, shirting fabrics, suiting fabrics, stocklots used shoes,used bags, used electrical appliances, new/used tyres/tubes, interior /bedding fabrics, taffeta, linings, stocklots, remnants on lbs or kilo basis.
COMPANY NAME: MABROSS LTD
DIRECTOR NAME: MAB MARTIN
STREET ADDRESS: 178 MISSEBO COTONOU
PHONE NOS: 00229-9301 77 43 - 229 93017743
EMAIL : mabross@yahoo.com

and here claiming to be exporters of gold dust:
MABROSS LTD - Benin
Manufacturer Exporters of gold dust, diamonds
Address: 178 missebo, cotonou, COTONOU Benin
Phone(s) : 229-93-017743 Mobile : 229 93017743 Fax(s) : 229-21313701

Fax 21313701 has been used in combination with other fake company names:
Bright Holdings Ltd
Carre 228 Missebo Cotonou
Republique Du Benin
Tel. + 229 97573095
Fax. + 229 21313701.

Mr. Kalu Iregbu / Director
Markinow Groups Inc.
C/ 225 Missebo Cotonou Benin
Tel: +22990930574
Fax : +22921313701

NCHA-WEST Holdings Ltd.
Address : 456 Missebo,Cotonou,Republic of Benin
Telephone : 22921313701
Fax : 22921313701
Person Communication : Mr.Chris Ncha Mba
Email : nchawest@yahoo.com

00229-93235037 is indeed a mobile (229-9xxxxxxx) and it's been used with other names and scams in the past

we are sure that it exist and it is not the reponsibility of buyers to have imported products registered to the country you are exporting to, this is our first time of hearing such.

You can see where these thieves are leading to. Bogus AGENCE NATIONALE POUR LA CONTROLE D'ALIMENTATION ET LA DROGUE (ANCAED) translate to Food and Drug control agency, so this will likely be the one asking for fees.

The criminals have setup a fake web site as part of this scam: http://www.africandevelopmentagency.org
Afircan Development Agency
HQ. 101, Rue De Ecowas, Lome Togo
Tel/Fax: 228 261 4994
Contact Telephones: 228 991 9195
228 991 9199
Email: info@africandevelopmentagency.org
web:http://www.africandevelopmentagency.org

228 2614994 is listed in the TOGO phone directories under the following individual's name:
AKOETE NIKUE
HEDZRANAWOE BP 30918, Lome
261 49 94

228 9919195 and 228 9919199 are mobile phones.
[url="http://www.manufacturer.com/trade/i9633580-Agricultural+Machineries.html"]Here's one of their ads:[/url]
Company Name: African Developmnt Agency
Address: 101 rue de ecowas lome tg25, lome Togo
Tel: 228 9919195
Fax: 228 2260130
Contact Person: Mr. Tomas Abokey

228 2260130 has been used in past frauds

Scammers using the fake site africandevelopmentagency.org are using the following bank account to transfer funds:

Quote:
BENEFICIARY NAME: UKEFI PHILIP AGWU
BANK: UNION TOGOLAISE DE BANQUE
BD 13 JANVIER CIRCULAIRE-TOUR
B.P. 359 LOME - TOGO
FAX: 228-221-22-06
SWIFT CODE: UNTB TG TG
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 32 044255 2 020 000
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:04 am

9 July 2008, 15:36
Jose

Scam?
I have received a sort of purchase intencion, from a company named "Afrocil-Consultant & Marketting Group", listed at http://www.alibaba.com.

After sending a proforma invoice, they are saying that ther is a problem with the bank transfer at "ECOBANK" and they where trying that I use a attourney service suplied by them in order get the authorization to be payed.

I wrote a mail to the Chamber of Commerce and Industrie du Benin, exposing this, with a copy of one of the mails I received from them.

Until now I am waiting for an answer. I am sure this is another sacm. I will keep in touch as soon as I get more information.

Regards to you all.

Jose

Old 9 July 2008, 16:16
poirot
Support
Afrocil is just another scam. Here's one of their ads
Quote:
Afrocil Consultant & Marketing Group, deals extensively on: COMMUNICATION: Computers, gsm software FOODS : Beverages, canned foods, relief foods, fruits, agro foods, wine. PHARMACEUTICAL: Hospital equipment, pharma drugs etc Samuel O. Okuwa TEL.: +229 95563132 FAX: +229 21323549 EMAIL: afrocil@africamail.com

africamail.com is a free webmail

Here's another ad using the same phone and fax numbers but a different company name (NUGA GROUP):
Quote:
NUGA GROUP INCORPORATION
1 Nuga close Carre 101Rue de Mosque Jonque,04 BP 2656
Cotonou Benin Republic.
TEL.: +229 95563132
+229 21323549
FAX: +22921323549
EMAIL: nugagroupinc@africamail.com

That fax# 229 21323549 has been used in numerous scams in the past.

I don't know what is happening with the Benin Chamber of Commerce. Their web site http://www.ccib.bj has been down for at least three weeks now.
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:16 am

9 July 2008, 17:52
Reteq
Timezone: GMT +10:00

I have looked at quite a few peoples listings.. I will list a couple of reasons and similaritys to what other people have written to what someone in Benin has written to me as i am now suspicious it is a scam.

Last sent email:

Dear Shayne,

Thank you so much for your kind mail and together with your attached company registration certificate.I am so glad to receive your documents you have provide for your immediate payment confirmation.Meanwhile as I have already informed you that there is a little problem over your payment status which the bank have requesting us to provide,I went to the bank this morning with the documents you have provided and they said that it must be approved by the DFDCAC OFFICE and legalized at the Benin High Court.Your payment is been questioned onhold because these documents has not been approved and legalized.

The bank instructed that your company should contact DFDCAC with your company registration document for immediate approval and legalization.Below is their contact information.

DFDCAC OFFICE
Attn:dr.Ahmed Mohammed
C/193 zone'd ambassade Cotonou
Rep Du Benin
Tel: 00229-97989752
email: dfdcac_bj@mail.com

Waiting to hear from you soonest.

Regards,

Gibe Kerekou.

i found this site by typing in DFDCAC OFFICE in google search and has since brought alot of what you guys have said to my attention which has risen my suspicion. Also has given me a possible incorrect bank address in the below email: Any feedback would be much appreciated.

TO: Us
CC:NEW CHALLANGE & CO
CC: FOREIGN EXCHANGE CONTROL AUTHORITY

DEAR SIRS,

REFERENCE TO THE DESKTOPS COMPUTERS SHIPMENT PROFORMA INVOICE FOR THE ORDER OF OUR CLIENT NEW CHALLANGE & CO / COTONOU BENIN - ACCOUNT No.: 1012010022000.

TEST: WE CONFIRM THE APPROVAL TRANSFER OF THE SAID SUM OF AUD61,470.00 IN YOUR FAVOUR FOR SWIFT T/T REMITTANCE INTO YOUR ACCOUNT AS PER REFERENCE TRANSFER NUMBER 128350 AND TRANSACTION NUMBER BOA/0139882/08 WITH THE FOREIGN EXCHANGE CONTROL AUTHORITY.

PRECAUTION: IN RESPECT TO THE MINISTRY OF TRADE AND FINANCE / FOREIGN EXCHANGE AUTHORITY REGULATORY CONSTRAINTS IMPOSED ON APPROVAL OF FOREIGN EXCHANGE FOR SWIFT TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER, THE TRANSFERRED PAYMENT HAS BEEN PLACED IN QUESTION ONHOLD AND SUBJECT TO BE TRANSFERRABLE AS SOON AS NEW CHALLANGE & CO THE IMPORTER PROVIDE US AN IMPORT LICENCE/PERMIT FOR THE IMPORTATION OF YOUR PRODUCTS AND YOU RETEQ PTY LTD THE EXPORTER OBTAIN PRODUCT REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE AND INSPECTION CERTIFICATE CERTIFYING THAT YOUR COMPANY PRODUCTS IS REGISTERED IN BENIN WITH THE CONCERN AUTHORITY BIVAC INSPECTION DEPARTMENT(BID).

DECLARATION: WITH FULL CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY, WE CERTIFY THAT WE STANDS THE CREDIT AND IRREVOCABLY GUARANTEE THE RELEASE TRANSFER OF THE VALUED AMOUNT AUD61,470.00 ONLY ON PROVISION OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS - IMPORT LICENCE/PERMIT REQUIRED OF THE IMPORTER AND EXPORT REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE REQUIRED OF THE EXPORTER ACCORDINGLY.

REMITTANCE VALIDITY: 14 DAYS FROM DATE OF CONFIRMATION AND ISSUED OF TRANSFERRED PAYMENT RECEIPT. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR CLIENT WHO PROCESSED YOUR PAYMENT TRANSFER REGARDING THIS REQUIREMENTS.

THANKING YOU FOR YOUR KIND UNDERSTANDING AND WISHING YOU AN UNDERSTANDING BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH OUR ABLE CLIENT. WE REMAIN SIRS.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,
JEAN-PIERRE PASCAL
(BILLS / EXCHANGE CONTROL DEPT.)
BANK OF AFRICA
COTONOU - BENIN
BOULEVARD DE FRANCE,
08 BP 0879
COTONOU, BENIN REPUBLIC.
SWIFT CODE:BOABJ

Furthermore i will list the companies details below.

NEW CHALLANGE & CO
ATTN:MR.GIBE KEREKOU
C/401 MISSEBO COTONOU
REP DU BENIN(W-AFRICA)
TEL: 00229-95641873

Old 10 July 2008, 03:34
poirot
Support

DFDCAC doesn't exist
mail.com is a free webmail
229 9xxxxxxx are mobile phones.

It's a scam.

10 July 2008, 04:26

Timezone: GMT +1
PLEASE CHECK ON THESE COMPANYS
Dear Sirs,

We are a firm from East Europe and before some days a company from Benin saw sy about us purchase our products. And sent to us an ICPO in email about 40FCL shipment and advance payment. This company is an agent company who earn 2% commission on all achieved transactions from our company.

The company details:
SOCIETE SO. STARS SARL
Siège Social: Cotonou Carre 168 Missebo (Registre du commerce et du crédit mobilier de Cotonou le 11/04/2006 ou le numéro RB COTONOU 2006B0856.) Le dépôt Légal a été effectue au greffe du tribunal de premier instance de Cotonou sous le numéro 0574

and the contact person is:

M. Thomson Jallah DOSSOU

Consultant Manager

Tel/Fax = 0022921323555

Mobile = 0022997520672

Siège Social : Cotonou Carre 168 Missebo (Registre du commerce)

e-mail adresse: sostarssarl@mail2consultant.com

They sent on e-mail the copy of an original purchase order what is undersigned
the following company:

SOCIETE COMON CAJAF SARL
Comon Cajaf Socotrac 03 BP 0897 PK 16,
5 Autoroute Djeffa-Seme Kpodji
Cotonou Republique du Benin

and then a guarantee letter copy with stamp and signature of Ministry of Justice Benin.

We sent samples to them. During sample sending (what total cost were c.a. 400 EUR that paid our firm) this agent sent an email and He wrote that there is a product registration and certification form and this is an obligatory when someone want to export something to Benin or to the West African region. That cost 3500 EUR.

Please check on these companies if you can help us and answer as soon as possible.

Best Regards
Mr. ret

Old 10 July 2008, 04:44
poirot
Support

There is no SOCIETE SO. STARS SARL listed in the Benin phone books.

This is a scam. Look HERE for other scams using this #

Please read the article at the following link, which will explain why this is a scam:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=14268
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:31 am

23 July 2008, 03:49
Kimi
Timezone: GMT +8
U.O.Mercy Foundation
Is U.O.Mercy Foundation a scam company as well????
Because we are just on the beginning on establishing business, I was told to do certain things to sign contract agreement. The things are listed as of below:

1. You shall study their official draft Contract Agreement, after sending the Original P/Invoice with the samples of these products laboratory cross-checking at Health Authority for quality and full consumption approval.

2. You shall use a lawyer from Benin, to sign the Contract on your behalf with the endbuyer/Organization.

3. You shall register your products at the Office of the Ministry of Health and Public Sanitation Benin, through a lawyer, to obtain a "Free Sales Health Certificate", which will allow the free flow of this Contract with both parties.

I was told that the endbuyer is FRENCH DEVELOPMENT COMMUNITY OF BENIN(FDCB); will be delivering this products to Refugee Camps and Orphanage Homes in Benin Republic, which we would like you to come in person.

Please advise me if you know if this is a scam or legitimate buyer. Thank You.

Best Regards

Kimi

Old 23 July 2008, 04:35
poirot
Support
I can't find a thing about FRENCH DEVELOPMENT COMMUNITY OF BENIN (FDCB) other than this post
Quote:
We are in pleasure to confirm receipt of your email and noted the contents of same.

with regards to your email contact to our company, based on posted enquiry, we want you to kindly be ware that we are simply a consultant company located here in Cotonou City Benin Republic West Africa.

But as the case may be, we here bring to your notice that, we have just presented your website to our final endbuyer known as French Development Community of Benin (FDCB) who made us to know last time, that they needed products like plants in a very large quantities for about 75x40 feet containers on 18 Months Contract Supply, for their final delivering to Federal Government here in Benin Republic

Finally, the buyer FDCB, terms of payment for the 18 Months Contract is 100%TT after signing the original Contract Agreement with them here in Benin Republic.

Therefore quickly confirm your capability to handle such Contract Order quantities, your official visit to Benin Republic to sign the Contract in person with them, then you send the covering price list for the products indicated above with their specification.

We look forward to hearing from you ends soonest

Regards.

PETER GLOBAL CORPORATION SARL.
CARRE 165 MATCHE MISSEBO
COTONOU,
REPUBLIC DU BENIN.
TEL/FAX: +229 93204785
MOBILE: +229 97577079
ATTN: MR. PETER SANISOU/DIRECTOR

I would think that if there where such a thing as a French Dev. Community, it would have a French acronym, and not English FDCB
This is a scam. Mobile phone +229 97577079 used for PETER GLOBAL CORP above was also used with other names including U.O.MERCY FOUNDATION COMPANY which is also bogus.

The whole thing is a fraud. Please read this

Quote:
U. O. Mercy Foundation Company Ltd.
Ms RACHEL STONE
Address Carre 158 Missebo, Cotonou, Atlantique, Benin
Zip Code 00229
Telephone 229 97 577079
Mobile
Fax 229 21 326266

229 21326266 has been used in numerous scams.

This is a good time to expose some Togo phone numbers used in frauds including the Import scam.

228 2263850 is listed in the Togo phone books under:
ETS CAC
BD JEAN PAUL II BP 30633, Lome
226 38 50

This number has been used in numerous scams in the past including one scam investigated by Dateline NBC
Dr. Suleman Musa
Treasury/Operations Director,
Financial Security Bank Limited
201 Rue Du Ecowas
Lome Togo.
Fax: +228 226 38 50
Email: fsbinfotg@accountant.com

And I just stumbled on a fake bank web site recently setup by these thieves and using the same number for both phone and fax. This is an indication that it's not just a fax service but the number has to actually belong to the thieves: http://www.biattg.com Dead
http://biattg.com/nos-agences.html
B.I.A TOGO
Tél.: +(228) 226 38 50
Fax : +(228) 2263850
Hotline.: +(228) 0362799
Email : bia-togo@biattg.com
WHOIS: 229 9707549

They also had a second fake bank site http://www.biat-tg.com which appears shut down.
http://www.biat-tg.com
Lomé Tél/Fax.: +(228) 2227047

228 2227047 is listedto the following person. Again, the number is being used for both Tel. and fax so if you've been robbed by this thief, you now know his name.:
KOKOU NOUKAMEWO GOKE
BD HOUPHOET B. BP 60637, Lome
222 70 47

and some others scams:
Banque Internationale pour l'Afrique au Togo (BIA TOGO)
13, Rue du Commerce BP 346 Lomé
Email info@biatg.com
phone (228) 9268483
fax (228) 226 38 50

Company: Ebeeark Contract Consulting Office.
Email:. Address: 22 Rue Maoga Togo Togo.
Zip/Postal: 228.
Telephone: 9460808. Mobile: N/A. Fax: 2263850

Pay in the name of our Accountant... ALBATE CA
Payment Address.... NIKONAKPOE LOME - TOGO
Pls send us your control Number ....
Test Question should be------------- MAX
Answer---------------------------------------- ATLANTICO
Enclose Name of sender and address.. You can send us these informations through our email or fax . 00228 2263850, Please if you need to speak with the management call on Tel. 00228 9419312

Mr.Ahmed Hussan/Director
Tel: 002289139361
Mr. Ahmed Hussan
(Director)
Company: ETS.HUSSAN INTERNATIONAL LTD.
Address: No.34 rue du Campaign, Lome, Lome-South, Togo
Zip/Postal: 00228
Telephone: 228-00-2263820
Fax: 228-00-2263850
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:42 am

2 August 2008, 23:25
jamshed
Timezone: PST
French Development Community of Benin ( FDCB)
Dear Sir,

I have received rice 18 months contract from FDCB and my agent in Benin Mr. Mang Ifendo, detail is as under :-

Agent Company Name : Emtex Intersales W/A Group of Companies Sarl
Address : C/803 SIKEDOJI, Cotonou Benin Republic
Tele : +229 9357 1288 , Fax +229 2132 4800

I have received Legalized Invitation letter from my agent.

---------------------

Buyer Name : French Development Community of Benin ( FDCB)
Address : Carre 555 Gahito, 03 BP : 361 St Michel , Cotonou Benin Republic ( West Africa)

Phone : +229 93 987295 ,Fax : +229 21 32 4246

Name : Chief Ukata F.Danjuma ( Director General, FDCB
----------------------

Pl check, all above informations are correct.

Regards
Fahad

I have received LOI and Draft contract from FDCB.

=======================

I have rece

Old 3 August 2008, 02:13
poirot
Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamshed
I have received rice 18 months contract from FDCB

IT'S A SCAM.

The documents you have been provided are fakes. French Development Community of Benin ( FDCB) doesn't exist. It's also fake.
Emtex Intersales W/A Group of Companies Sarl is NOT listed anywhere. It's also fake.

229 93571288 is a mobile phone, and 229 21324800 is from a fax service that's been used with different names in numerous scams in the past

Please read the Information Article entitled: Benin Import/Africa Export Scams <==CLICK

4 August 2008, 10:43
Alex76
???Scam???
Good day,

In May I began letters with the suggestions on the cooperation with one trade company from Benin.

The letter is next:
After our short meeting with our clients and AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT FINACIAL LOAN INSTITUTION (ADFLI) the Financer of the our company which is financing our company by signing loan or granting loan to our company for this 2 years contract supply with which we are very interested and so we discovered that your products are very important to Africans countries and our company have agreed and want to develop business patinership with your company and agreed to purchase your products as below:
1.Product:Walnut In shell
Packing: 40-50 kg in gunny bag
Size: 28-30 mm
Crop: 2007
Price For Kg:1.9 – 2.0
Quantity Order:============== 200 50kg Bags
2.Product:Walnut Hulled
Packing: 40-50 kg in gunny bag or
12.5 kg in carton
Size: ¼
Price For Kg:4.1 – 6.5
3.Producteanut (raw)
Size: 10 – 12 mm
Price For Kg:2.0
4.Productistachio
Size: 15 – 20 mm
External material: about 1-2 %
Free pistachio kernels : about 1-3 %
Closed and hollow pistachio: about 6-9%
Unripe pistachios: about 5 – 6 %
Various colored: about 2%
Price For Kg:5.8
5.Product:Almond
Size: 18 – 20 mm
Shape: round, drop-shaped
Price For Kg:3.1
6.Productried apricot
Packing: 40-50 kg in gunny bag or
12.5 kg in carton
Size: 30 – 35 mm
Moisture: about 20 – 22 %
So2 <2000ppm
Sugar: about 60 – 70 %
Price For Kg:3.0
Therefore,kindly give us the total profroma invocie of above Quantities order of our first order for study and confirmation of 1,200 x 50kg Bags load.According to our company we to want to purchase above Quantities first order load 1,200 x 50kg Bags load in this transaction partial is allow for this 2 year contract supply and we suggested that you will visit Benin-Cotonou for face to face meeting and sign the 2 year contract supply with our company.
Term 100% T/T bank wire transfer in advance payment or 100% Letter of credit will be made before any shipment.You will visit Cotonou-Benin here and to meet with our Tender broad committee for face to face contract agreement signing which will last within 12 month to 24 months which is 2 we accepted on an air cargo quote on delivering to an international Benin Rep.airport or sea delivering. And for your information our network local supply covers about 4 countries in West Africa such as Nigeria,Benin Rep.Togo-Lome,Ghana.
And for your information after both companies signed the hard copies of the contract agreement and M.O.U argeement which we will send to your company as soon as we received the profroma invoice of our first order and so the hard copies of contract agreement and M.O.U argeement documents will be Legalized at the Benin High Court Authority and the cost of Legalization of the hard copies of the contract agreement and M.O.U argeement documents will bear by both companies.
We are ready to become your direct consultant company as a sole agent here in West Africa and to service products in our country and other countries in West Africa and so we are inform you that,our company will be only agent here and so avoid to contact any other company base on this products.
While hoping to hear from you soonest and your call for more information from me.
Thanks
Company:Global Trade Investment Company limited West Africa
Tel: +2292134700644
Fax: +2292136010890
Mobile Phone: +22997076392
Email: hassali2007@yahoo.com

This manager sent documents on company (importation card, registration of commerce document). All documents are on French language. Then he perfered to pay the 1/2 part of agreement contract to the next Goverment laywer:
Att:Mr. Igwo Daniel ANYA (L.A.Benin Rep).
"Isilaechamber Consultant Law Chamber".
2nd Avenue Street, 61 Jean Paul 11,
Atikoumey.-Cotonou-Republique Du Benin.
West African.
Tele/Fax: 00229 93 79 26 54.
E-Mail: isilaechamber@consultant.com , tvkmurthy_01@yahoo.com

And after the payment this company will transfer on my bank account money for products.

What will you tell about it?

Old 4 August 2008, 11:32
Nyla
Administrator

Timezone: GMT -5
Free, anonymous email addresses galore, a meeting with an organization that doesn't exist (ADFLI) and asking you to pay a fee before you get paid for your goods... It sounds exactly like every other scam detailed in the previous thirteen pages.

Unread postby HillBilly » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:51 am

17 August 2008, 06:36
Paulo Ramos
Languages: English Español Italiano
Benin Import/Africa Export Scams
Hello,

I put an advertisement of my company at Alibaba and I was contacted by two different persons one from Nigeria and another one from Benin.
They ant to buy a lot of merchandise without taking samples. I found it strange and after changing a few e-mails I infer it was a SCAM. They make waste a lot of time!!!!

I leave here two different e-mails. You, at fraudwatchers can update some information (names and phone numbers):

(SCAMER from Benin)

Dear Mr. Paulo Ramos,

Too many thanks for your email and confirmation;I am very much happy to work with you for this contract.I have been working hard to bid contract documents with the end-buyer organization these days.

I have finallise protocols with the End-buyer Organization and they have accepted your price and offers.Kindly prepare a proforma-invoice covering the total order,include your banking transfer details,company director details contact and sign P/I.

Below is the end-buyer organization full contact for the Proforma-invoice preparation,and upon proforma-invoice receipt and approval by the end-buyer organization,they shall forward unto you the contract agreement for study,acceptance and signing by your company Director/Attorney.

ZAMATUO ORGANIZATION FOR WEST AFRICA DEVELOPMENT

Plot 222 Block 28; Phase 21-23

Cotonou, Benin Republic

Tel + 229 97162865. Fax +229 21135466.

Email: info.zamatuo@yahoo.co.uk or zofwad.org@gmail.com

Note:

Port of Delivery: COTONOU PORT;BENIN REPUBLIC.

Period of shippment: 36 MONTHS INTERVAL.

Payment term: 100% ADVANCE TRANSFER PAYMENT BY BANK T/T.

End-buyer Organization Chairman: CHIEF SAMUEL OKUKU.

Proceed for the invoice as adviced and your company will include the shippment charges of the total order in the invoice.

Thanks and hoping to build a mutual relationship with your company.Awaiting your response.

Regards,

MR. STANLEY NDUKWO.
Ste STANCONUS COMPANY LTD.
111 Akpkakpa Avenue,
Cotonou,Benin Republic.
Tel: +229-97146560.
Fax: +229-21311498.
Email: stanley0055@yahoo.com

(SCAMER from Nigeria)

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your mail and your content are duly noted.

I am very happy to hear that your company is interested in the contract supply of the mentioned Bulk Wine Portuguese Wine, to the organization and to hear the details of contract, as I believe that I will grow up through you in this contract also i thank you for offering me 1%commission of the total contract invoice, I want you to work hard to win this contract so that you will offer me my commission which I'm planing to start up my own business again,

I believe that you will win this contract if you can put all your effort on it and also i believe you can help me out to grow up in business and am very sure that you will win the contract and help me with my percentage to enable me meet up in business,

Pls Friend try every possibility to win the contract i wish you good luck for them to award your good company the contract,I have contacted my friends in the NIGER DELTA DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION {NDDC} for the detail information of the contract.

They hints me that the NIGER DELTA DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION {NDDC} wants to award a contract purchase of the Bulk Wine Portuguese Wine for program all over Refregee camps in West Africa States, I was made to understand that there is no particular designs the organization want but good ones and that is not very expensive because you know is for the project as I was made to understand that the organization have mapped out a huge amount of money for the project also my friend who was the Chairman Contract Awarding Committee told me that the contract is a bidding contract, so you have to make the update your immediate capabilty if you can supply the below products to them so as to seek directives on how to tender for the contract.

Below is the quantity worth of the product:

Portuguese Bulk Wine;...............120,000 ltrs

Portuguese bottled wine "Velhos Tempos" Alenquer:............55,000.bottles

My friend in the NIGER DELTA DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION {NDDC} who hints me that the organization wants to award the contract to a foreign company in other for prices to cheap and meet the quantity demand, and good quality, according to my friends in the organization I was made to understand that the contract is open and the most competitive one will win the contract and I will suggest that you quote competitively considering the quantity the organization wants to buy to enable your company stand a better chance of winning.

The payment terms is 100% up-front payment by bank T/T in advance before production and shipment if your company wins the contract and delivery period is within 3 /5 months.

My friends in the organization have promised and assure me that they will use all their connections and influence to make sure that your company will win the contract, if you can tender for the contract. I will made it mention to you that you will give me 1% commission of the total invoice value, if you win the contract and I already promise and agree to share the 1% commission with my friends in the organization for them to make sure your company must win.

Write me back immediately if your company is capable and interested in the contract with your CNF to APAPA SEA PORT LAGOS, NIGERIA last price quotation and confirm my commission, to enable me contact my friends in the organization to give you directives on how you will prepare your tender documents for the contract which you shall send to me by TNT courier service to enable me submit on your behalf.

The prices will BE CNF APAPA LAGOS SEA PORT.

Waiting to hear from you as soon as possible or you call me immediately you receive this email +234-80-78480866.

Best regards,

Mr. Sunny Okoye
DESTINY GROUP LTD
183 Jubilee Road, Aba
Abia State- Nigeria.
TEL: +2348078480866
FAX: +23480231611
EMAIL: destinygrpltd@yahoo.com

Old 17 August 2008, 08:24
poirot
Support
229 21311498 is listed in the white pages of the Benin phonebook to this individual which could be the scammer, or a fax service that caters to these thieves:
Désiré BAKPE
BP 1706, Cotonou
21 31 14 98
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:25 am

21 August 2008, 18:41
Tantorn
Timezone: GMT-0
Benin Fraud
Dear Sirs,
I'm the rice exporter from Thailand and recently have a sale contract with 2 of Benin Importers which have been meet in http://www.alibaba.com. These 2 companies named as following;
TEL: + 229 95580581
FAX : + 229 21313809
E mail: vivace.consultant@gmail.com
Cotonou Benin
Tel : 229 95580581
Fax : 229 21313809
E mail: extracon@gmail.com
And after we agree about order contract, these 2 companies mentioned that they can't proceed the payment formality until my company obtain the BFQCA clearance certificate of Benin. The detail as message below;

And below is the notary contact that they ask my company to contact and get BFQCA certificate :
Cotonou Benin Republic
Tel: 229 98918302
Email : harrischamber@freedom.usa.com

PLS NOTE THAT BFQCA CLEARANCE IS THE ONLY APPROVED DOCUMENT FOR EXPORT TO BENIN. SGS OR BIVAC FORMALITY INSPECTION CAN BE DONE BY IMPORTER ( BUYER ) AT DESTINATION UPON ARRIVAL OF SHIPMENT. YOU WILL MAKE YOUR SHIPMENT AS SOON AS YOU OBTAIN THE CLEARANCE.

WE AWAITING THE DOCUMENTS AND PAYMENT TO PROCESS YOUR CERTIFICATE QUICKLY .

REQUIREMENTS
1. COPY COMPANY TRADE LICENCE
2. PRODUCT HEATH CERTIFICATE ( ORIGIN )
3. PROFORMA INVOICE
4. BFCA REG / CERTICATE CHARGE : 1550,00 EURO
5. NOTARY FEE ( CONSLT & DOCS ) : 575,00 EURO
VALIDITY OF CERTIFICATE : FIVE ( 5 ) YEARS

PROC- PERIOD ; WITHIN 48 HRS UPON RECEIPT OF DOCUMENTS AND PAYMENT .
PLEASE SEND UR DOCUMENTS BY EMAIL harrischamber@freedom.usa..com
PAYMENT BY : WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER
NAME : AMADI AGWU KALU
ANY PAYMENT BY TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER , SEE OUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAIL BELOW :

ECOBANK-BENIN
Carefour SOBEBRA Cotonou Benin Republic
A/C No: 14110240001708
SWIFT CODE : ECOCBJBJ
BENEFICIARY NAME: HOUENOU SOUROU JEAN CLAUDE
CORRESPONDENCE BANK (USA )
CITIBANK NEW YORK
SWIFT CODE : CITIUS33

I'm so sure that this is fraud. I work for this biz for more than 20 years and never hear this kind of thing. So, please beware about this scammer or help to inform the concerning party to catch them. Thanks!

BRs,
Tantorn

Old 23 August 2008, 15:42
pacrimholdings

STE ROMGA TOBACCO GROUP LTD.
SIR, AGAIN WE HAVE HAD A VERY LARGE ORDER FROM A COMPANY IN BENIN CALLING THEM SELF "STE ROMGA TOBACCO GROUP LTD". THE ORDER IS EXTREMELY LARGE AND TO DATE, ALL THEY HAVE ASK FOR IS SAMPLES. THEY DID STATE THAT WE WOULD HAVE TO HAVE IT LEGALIZED LATER, WHAT EVER THAT MEANS. THEY HAVE ALSO EMAILED US A COLORED ID PHOTO OF A GENTLEMAN NAMED MR. SOROMGA D. IBUCHI WITH A TITLE ACROSS THE TOP WHICH READS" CARTE D' IMPORTATEUR NO. 0772 / MICPE/ DCE AND JUST BELOW THAT, VALABLE JUSQU'AU 31 MARS 2008. HIS ADDRESS ON THE ID PHOTO IS "COTONOU SOCAGBETO AV 944/1 COTONOU. HE ALSO PROVIDES A TELEPHONE # 97 64 90 48. THIS DOCUMENT WAS SUPPOSEDLY ISSUED BY, POUR LE MINISTRE DE INDUSTRIE DU COMMERCE ET DE LAPROMOTION DEL'EMPLOI. THATS ALL I CAN READ OFF OF IT. HE ALSO SENT A PICTURE TYPE OF BADGE, IDENTIFICATION OR SOMETHING. IT IS WHITE WITH REPUBLIQUE DU BENIN ACROSS THE TOP IN BLACK LETTERS AND BENIN'S STATE COLORS RUNNING FROM TOP RIGHT TO BOTTOM LEFT. IN LARGE BLACK LETTERS FURTHER DOWN IT READS,

DIRECTION DU COMMERCE EXTERIEUR

CARTE
D'IMPORTATEUR

THE LETTERS ARE NOT EVEN CENTERED ON THE BADGE.

CAN YOU HELP US, DO THINK THIS IS A SCAM? RIGHT UP FRONT THEY GAVE US THE CARROT STICK SAYING THE ORDER WOULD BE LONG TERM WITH THE FIRST ORDER IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF 1,300,000 USD.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, PAC RIM HOLDINGS , LAS VEGAS NV. USA

Old 23 August 2008, 21:01
Tantorn
Timezone: GMT-0
Kindly check this address and tell me is it scam??
Dear all,

Recently i had been scammed by Benin, Nigeria criminal more than 4 times in this 10 days. Now i got one more prospect who i doubt is it another scam or not? May I beg you guy to check this address and tel no. and Tell me what do you think?? Please!!!! Awaiting for your response.

Tel: +234-1-8981444
Mobile: +234-803-7229143
Email: fathergategroup@yahoo.com; samamakiri@yahoo.com

Old 23 August 2008, 22:48
poirot
Support
pacrimholdings, There are no ROMGA TOBACCO listed in the Benin phonebooks.

Quote:
THEY DID STATE THAT WE WOULD HAVE TO HAVE IT LEGALIZED LATER, WHAT EVER THAT MEANS.

It means that you will be ask to "register" the product which is the first request for advance fees in this scam.

Fake documents including fake passports and i.d. cards are commonly used by these scammers.

Quote:
VALABLE JUSQU'AU 31 MARS 2008

Translation: "Valid until March 31st 2008" which means it's no longer valid, which doesn't matter since it's fake anyway.

Quote:
MINISTRE DE INDUSTRIE DU COMMERCE ET DE LAPROMOTION DEL'EMPLOI.

There is no Benin ministry by that name.

Tantorn, it's near impossible to check Nigerian companies since their phone books are not available online and there is no online list of importers as with the Benin Chamber of Commerce but with yahoo addresses, it's almost guaranteed to be a scam, specially if you have been approached by other scammers recently. When you turn down a deal with these thieves, they tend to come back using other company names.

West African countries are one of the riskiest area to deal with due to the very high instances of fraud and corruption. Unless you have the means of doing a thourough due diligence, I can only advise that you avoid the area altogether.

Also, I strongly advise both of you to read Benin Import/Africa Export Scams <== CLICK where you will find information on how to detect this scam.

Old 24 August 2008, 06:23
pacrimholdings
STE ROMGA TOBACCO GROUP LTD.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR QUICK RESPONSE ON THIS SCAM. *Removed ATTACHED ARE TWO DOCUMENTS THIS GUY FORWARDED ON TO US. I THINK THEY ARE BOTH FAKE AND ARE WORTHLESS. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Pac Rim

24 August 2008, 12:40
gogo

Who is George Ibeabuchi
Poirot and co,
Who is Mr George Ibeabuchi ? He send me e-mail with big order for endbayer, and I don`t know who is he.
With regards
Gogo

Company name they quoted is: Berutc Alcoholbeverage Company Limited

and an endbuyer name of:
STE COLODINARED SARL

Mr George Ibeabuchi
Tel +22995423716

Old 24 August 2008, 13:50
poirot
Support

A simple Google search of : Berutc Alcoholbeverage will give you the answer.

Please read ==> benin_import

Old 25 August 2008, 01:00
marco05

Languages: English Español
Mr.George Ibeabuchi-SCAM
We received this mail with a big order, thanks to this page I found that the same person is the owner of various companies. Beware of him.

Dear XXX,

We received your prices list with many thanks and noted the contents therein.

You can see our selected products as hereunder and will be mixed inside 4x40ft containers requested by the endbuyer and you should arrange the quantity as it will be inside 4x40ft container,also you will inform to us if you will be able to supply the order at once or partial shippment,although partial shippment should allowed.

You should arrange all the products selected above as it will be 22 pallets of 1x40ft x4 which requested as we will send the endbuyer name for you to prepare your proforma invoice.

Looking forward to receive your immediate response.

Best Regards.
Mr.George Ibeabuchi
Tel +22995423716

Old 25 August 2008, 06:07
poirot
Support
Here's their latest scam web site:
http://www.waehed.org Dead
http://waehed.we.bs Dead
West African Elite Organization For Health & Energy Development,(WAEHED)
WEST AFRICAN ELITE ORGANIZATION FOR HEALTH & ENERGY DEVELOPMENT (WAEOHED)
Tel: +229 93 692 307,
Fax: +229 25 693 006
E-mail: info@waehed.org
waeohed_bj@yahoo.fr
andre_dossuo@yahoo.ca

Dr Andre Dossuo
Director General
WEST AFRICAN ELITE ORGANIZATION FOR HEALTH & ENERGY DEVELOPMENT
Lot 2015 Carrefour D'Abaetoir PK6,
Rue Des Port-Novo, Akpakpa Cotonou Benin Rep.
Tel: +229 93692307, Fax: +229 25693006
E-mail: info@waehed.org, waeohed_bj@yahoo.fr,
andre_dossuo@yahoo.ca, http://www.waehed.orgDead
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:42 am

26 August 2008, 10:44
poirot
Support

Details from 3 currently active scams:

http://www.wahsor-ghana.org - http://www.wahsor-ghana.com Dead
Mrs. Lizzy Koffi
General Secretary,
Contract Awarding Committee
West African Health and Support Organization
Secretariat Office, Lome-TOGO
Direct Tel: +228- 2370104 / Fax: +228- 3362349
E-mail: wahsor@wahsor-ghana.com / infos@wahsor-ghana.com
TEL/FAX: +233- 204433548
desk@wahsor-ghana.com
cplogistics@wahsor-ghana.com

http://www.hactogo.org/ Dead
The Humanitarian Aid Commission (H.A.C)
Tel : +228 022 91 88
Fax : +228 0229188
E-mail: info@hactogo.org
Dead

contacts_boabenin@accountant.com
DR. BIMBOLA O. OLAYINKA
BILLS & FOREIGN CREDIT REMITTANCE DEPARTMENT.
BANK OF AFRICA - BENINSTE ROYALCHANNEL INT'L AGENCY (royalchannel001@yahoo.com)
Benin Health Administrative Sanitary & Agriculture
Federale Ministry Of Health & Sanitary
Block 127 - 131 Avenue De La Governor Bayol
Biote Postal 10 B.P.O. 3973-3975
Cotonou - Republique Du Benin
Email : bj_bhdca@hotmail.com info@bhdca.net.ms
Dr.Powell EscardoBEST REGARDS,
Dr. Powell Escardo
Royalchannel Health Agency Ltd
C/101 Atikanmey,
Cotonou,
Tel: +229 95455442
Attn: Mr.Ichi Jonah Nwankwo
Longman & J. Roberts Et Fils
Carre N° 193 Avenue De La Stimlez.
Cotonou – Benin Republic
Mailto: longman_asso@yahoo.fr
Dr.Muhammed Boco . M. / Secretary Generale
Benin Health Administrative Sanitary & Agriculture
Federale Ministry Of Health & Sanitary
Block 127 - 131 Avenue De La Governor Bayol
Biote Postal 10 B.P.O. 3973-3975
Cotonou - Republique Du Benin
Email : bj_bhdca@hotmail.com, info@bhdca.net.ms

Another fraud web site created two weeks ago by these thieves: http://www.aadorg.org Dead
Domain Name: AADORG.ORG Dead
Created On:15-Aug-2008 10:49:24 UTC
Last Updated On:15-Aug-2008 11:06:11 UTC
Expiration Date:15-Aug-2009 10:49:24 UTC
Registrant Phone:+1. 93691614
Registrant Email: webugo4@gmail.com

AGENCY FOR AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT (AAD)
HQ. 108 Rue de Roi, 09 BP 13, St Michel,
Cotonou, République du Bénin
Tel: 210-775-62/8 Fax: 210-775-69
Email: info@aadorg.org
21077562 - 21077568 - 21077569
dg@aadorg.org
secretary@aadorg.org
financialdept@aadorg.org
legaldept@aadorg.org
projectawardcommittee@aadorg.org

JUICEMORRE INVESTMENT COMPANY
TEL/FAX. +228 0679587
Name:Mr Kalu Otisi
Mobile: +229 95026454

Agency for African Development (AAD)
HQ. 108 Rue de Roi, 09 BP 13, St Michel,
Cotonou, République du Bénin
Tel: 210-737-31/2
Fax: 210-737-33
21073731 - 21073732 - 21073733
Email: secretary@aadorg.org
Homepage : http://www.aadorg.org Dead
Attn: Mrs. Gladys C Adamenukoh

27 August 2008, 08:45
pacrimholdings
Information on Possible false bank info.
Sir, we have a person who is quite persistent and won't give up. He has sent us the following Bank info and we were wondering if it is real or just another ruse to snag us.

HOME TRUST FINANCE S.A
(OFFSHORE FINANCIAL SERVICES)
MADRID-ESPANA
ATTEN: HENRY W. PABLO
DIRECTOR OF FOREIGN REMITTANCE
HOME TRUST FINANCE S..A
ADDRESS: C/ ALCALA, 48
28014 MADRID SPAIN
TEL#: +34-911-014-244 LAND LINE
PH:# +34-634-227-575 DIRECT LINE
FAX: +34-911-814-222
EMAIL: htfsa@financier.com

What do you think?

27 August 2008, 09:48
Support

It's a scam as you can see from a Google search of their email address

financier.com is a free email service much like yahoo or hotmail, and NO bank use free email addresses, no mater which country. Please see the complete list of such free email addresses at the following link, this will help you detect these scams:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=14256 <==CLICK

If this is related to the Benin/Togo import scam, it would be no surprise since there's a large community of mainly Nigerian scammers operating in Spain for a number of years. Hundreds have been arrested but the scamming continues. These type of scammers operate as loosely organised crime groups collaborating with each other, with members in most major city around the Globe. Spain and Holland being two major hot spots.
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Scam archive.