Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scam targeting Avon Representatives

Scam reports from the FraudWatchers forum.

Scam targeting Avon Representatives

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:38 am

This is a scam abusing stolen credit card information. Or a fake check.
The scammer contacts Avon Reps (among other companies) and places a large order:
Good Day Samantha.

My name is Marcus manager of Marcus&Sons Group Of Companies.I want to buy some Avon Fragrances for my workers and partners as a gifts for their dedication for working hard and will like to know if you could assist me do this as i am a busy person.

These are the fragrances i will like to purchase.

His Story Eau De Toilette Spray :-50 bottles

U by Ungaro for Him Eau de Toilette Spray :-50 bottles

Iron man® Eau DE Toilette Spray :-50 bottles.

I will appreciate it if you can give me the total cost for the fragrances i want to purchase,i will do
the payment in full with my secure credit card,Kindly get back to on this ASAP.Hope to read your mail soon.

Marcus

The scammer then pays with a stolen credit card / fake check.
The goods are shipped to a post office box (or similar) where the scammer instructs a shipping company (DHL,UPS etc) to pick up the goods and send to Nigeria ( or other places for illicit gains ).
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Re: Scam targeting Avon Representatives

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:41 am

credendovides

More Avon Scam-mails
The Latest One I've Gotten: you'll notice it is almost identical except for product to the one that follows it.

Hello Sister,
Thanks for your response and I really appreciate it , My name is Linda Betty. I am a retail buyer and I am deaf and also a single mother of 3 kids who lost her husband in a car accident a couple of month ago . I was introduced to Avon Some weeks ago and I got your sales and contact from Avon and I will be more happy to have you as my Avon Rep ..And I would like to purchase this Items with you on a dealership and not with the company cos I am new on computer and I don't operate credit card that is why am dealing direct with you and I will appreciate if I can order this Product through you once you have the funds from me for the product . All the product I want to order from you is my first order this year . I will want you to get back to me with the total cost of the listed item i want to order from you

4 Quantity of Clearskin® Cleansing Pads 037-710
5 Quantity of ANEW ULTIMATE Age Repair Cream Cleanser 998-857
3 Quantity of ANEW Daily Resurfacing Cleanser 426-374
5 Quantity of Casual Faceted Blue Collar Necklace Gift Set 080-597
4 Quantity of ANEW CLINICAL Advanced Wrinkle Corrector 286-989
4Quantity of Ageless Results Renewing Day Cream SPF 15 587-243
5 Quantity of ANEW ALTERNATIVE Intensive Age Treatment SPF 25 Day AM 877-657

Please kindly let me know if there is any discount you want to give me on my first order, and also you don't need to worry about the shipping and the pick up of the order from your location that will be handle through my Shipper after you have receive the funds for the order I await your response asap

Thanks a lot
Linda Betty.

This was actually the first one I ever got and I almost fell for it...Thank God for the neighboring districts manager, we met her at a sales meeting and asked her about ordering in bulk and she made us aware of the scams, you see the similarity to the one I received today.

Hello ,
Thanks for your response and I really appreciate it , My name is Linda smith, I am a retail buyer .... I was introduced to Avon Some Months ago and I got your sales and contact from Avon and I would like to purchase this Items from you on a dealership and not with the company cos I am new on computer and I don't operate with credit card, that is why I am dealing directly with you and I will appreciate if I can order this Product through you once you have the funds from me for the product .. All the product I want to order from you is my first order this year .. I will want you to get back to me with the total cost of the listed item and your name and address where I can send the payment to:

5 ANEW REVERSALIST Illuminating Eye System 245-213

5 ANEW REVERSALIST Night Renewal Cream 241-241

5 ANEW REVERSALIST Day Renewal Cream SPF 25. 247-307

5 ANEW REVERSALIST Renewal Serum 338-247

5 ANEW REVERSALIST Day Renewal Cream SPF 25 Try-It Size - .5 fl. oz. 319-000

kindly let me know if there is any discount you want to give me on my first order, and also you don't need to worry about the shipping and the pick up of the order from your location that will be handled through my Shipper after you have received the funds for the order....

Thanks a lot

God Bless you.

Linda

In this next one, I was already aware of the scams and just for the heck of it googled this guys name..."Gordon Feinblatt" is the name of a Law Practice in New York (not a person) that has ties with AVON's WALK FOR A CURE. This guy did his research and it irks me. I notified the law practice of the misuse of their name. I told the guy I would need an address and phone number so that i could call to discuss his order and it scared him off.

Hello i am Gordon Feinblatt, i found Avon catalog in a friends car i as wondering what i will use to invite friends and workers to my upcoming wedding ceremony when i came by this catalog i will like to buy the following product from you for my co-workers as an invitation to my up coming wedding ceremony the product i want to buy are below :...

Gold iPod Shuffle
849-199 Qty 20 pieces

Patrick Dempsey Eau de Toilette Spray Qty 30

I will like you to get back to me with the total cost of the product and i will do the payment in full with my secure credit card let me know if you have the items instock or are you going to order them ? let me know .....Gordon

Don't let these people get over on you! We work to hard and put too much time money and effort into building or businesses to let these fools shut us down. Keep your eyes open and your chins up!
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:47 am

aliencat

Another avon scam from Nigeria
Thank you for your response, I am freelance model . I am coming down to your area for a photo shoot and I would need you to get these items for me:
FRAGRANCE
Bond Girl 007...............(2)
ANEW ULTIMATE Age Repair Elixir.............................(2)
MAKEUP
Super shock Mascara black........(2)
Do let me know the total cost plus the necessary tax I am to pay on it. I would need to know the total of all the products I requested and also the name and address you want the payment sent to and also a phone number I can reach you on. After you send me this information I would instruct my sponsors to send you the payment which would be in form of money orders or certified check which you can cash instantly at your bank .Please get back to me as soon as possible so I can continue with the purchase, I would be in around soon so I would pick up the items in person but I want you to have the funds in advance, so send me the quotations and details needed to send you payment. Thank you and enjoy the rest of your day.
Thanks for your time
Cheers

Johnson Mark

now i did get the full headers and the originating IP was from nigeria.

From Johnson Mark Thu Sep 30 17:59:09 2010
X-Apparently-To: xx@yahoo.com via 68.180.199.131; Thu, 30 Sep 2010 10:59:42 -0700
Return-Path: <jmark68@live.com>
Received-SPF: pass (mta1289.mail.mud.yahoo.com: domain of jmark68@live.com designates 65.55.90.105 as permitted sender)
X-Originating-IP: [65.55.90.105]
Authentication-Results: mta1289.mail.mud.yahoo.com from=live.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=live.com; dkim=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO snt0-omc2-s30.snt0.hotmail.com) (65.55.90.105)
by mta1289.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Thu, 30 Sep 2010 10:59:42 -0700
Received: from SNT101-W41 ([65.55.90.72]) by snt0-omc2-s30.snt0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675);
Thu, 30 Sep 2010 10:59:10 -0700
Message-ID: <SNT101-W41FE940AC274D580A4B3D7D2680@phx.gbl>
Return-Path: jmark68@live.com
X-Originating-IP: [82.128.87.254]
Toxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: ORDER
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 10:59:09 -0700
Importance: Normal
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 30 Sep 2010 17:59:10.0599 (UTC) FILETIME=[2F275170:01CB60C9]

Jdiva67

Got my first "scam" email
I'm an Avon Representative in Upstate NY. I received the below email from a "Susan Smith" who is also a "retail buyer and is a deaf single mother of two kids." The tip off for me, was when "she" stated that she "didn't want to deal with the company" and I would "receive the funds as a cashiers check or money order". Something just was not right about this; and the bells were ringing loudly. I remembered the email my District Manager had sent about the scams and was very glad that I had kept the information on hand. I will be forwarding my "large order" to Avon so they can monitor this issue.

layylayy

AVON SCAM!!! FREELANCE MODELING??!?!?!
Thank you for your response, I'm the manager of a freelance model group from Manchester, New Hampshire. But we are coming down to your Louisiana for a photo shoot and I would need you to get these items for me:

AVON WELLNESS:
PLANET SPA African Shea Butter Moisture Body Mask .....(2) 259197
Sensuality Fragrance by liiv botanicals..............................(2) 251913

BATH & BODY:
Foot Works Lavender Clay Mask ........................................(2) 074872
Foot Works Lavender Comfort Foot Soak ..........................(1) 305777

SKIN CARE:
ANEW CLINICAL Instant Face Lift ....................................(1) 607755
ANEW CLINICAL Expression Line Filler ...........................(1) 039636

FRAGRANCE:
Timeless Cologne Spray .....................................................(1) 011626
BOND GIRL 007™ FOREVER ..............................................(2) 215651

MAKE UP:
Super shock Mascara (brown color) .................................(2) 455509
Precision Glimmer Powder Eyeshadow(Goldish-DUNE)..(2) 242468

I will like to know the total cost plus the necessary tax I am to pay on this items I listed and also the name and address you want the payment sent to and also your phone number to reach you on. After you send me this information I would instruct my sponsors to send you the payment which would be in form of money orders or certified check which you can cash instantly at your bank. Please get back to me as soon as possible so I can continue with the purchase, We would be in Louisiana soon so we would pick up the items in person but I want you to have the funds in advance, so send me the quotations and details needed to send you payment.

Thanks and God bless.
Kelly Smith.

Hey Lacey, there is a big mistake in the payment mail to you...... I am emailing you to let you know that your payment has been sent out and would arrive via courier service within the next 96hrs, I also want you to know that the amount which was sent to you by the sponsor is more than your asking price because they mistakenly sent our traveling fees along with the money for our expenses, so I would also let you know the name and address which you would remit the rest of the funds to, I hope I can trust you with the rest of the funds for our flight ticket because people can be really funny nowadays .

Please let me know as soon as you get this email...

Thanks and God bless for your understanding.
Kelly Smith.

THESE PEOPLE SENT ME 2 DIFFERENT EMAILS...THE EMAIL ADDRESSES HAD A DIFFERENT NUMBER AT THE END...THEY BOTH STATED TO SAME THING...THEN I HEAR TODAY THAT ON FOX NEWS THEY SAID PEOPLE ARE ORDERING THINGS FROM COMAPNIES AND PAYING THEM WAY TO MUCH...WHEN YOU CASH THE CHECK IT WILL BOUNCE AND YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY ALL THAT MONEY BACK. I ASKED FOR A TRACKING NUMBER AND A PHONE NUMBER AND I NEVER GOT A REPLY!!!!!!!!!
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:56 am

Unregistered

Just another scam
This is the email that i had gotten from someone and it was a fraud.

Hello,
Good to hear from you.My name is Laurie McGinnis,I am from Wiscosin but will be coming to your state for an upcomming event.Woul have prefered to order online but for now all purchases in our company are done

with paper payment so i would love you to place the order for me.

Below is the list of items needed:

FRAGRANCE
Simple Elements Meadow Dew Eau de Toilette Splash...............(2)
In Bloom(Resse Witherspoon)........................................(1)
Petal by Cynthia Rowley Eau de Toilette Spray.....................(1)
Bond Girl 007........................................................( 1)

MAKEUP
ANEW Youth-Awakening Lipstick....................................(2)Sunset Pink
ANEW Wrinkle Zone Line Smoothing Duo...........................(1)Medium
12-in-1 Eye Palette & SuperCurlacious Mascara
Duo................(1)Navy or black

I would need to know the total of all the products i requested for and also the name and address you want the payment sent to and also a phone number i can reach you on.After you send me this information
the organizer of the event will mail you a check or money order for the payment,which you can cash instantly at your bank because we need these items there in before the date of the event and they will be picked up

at your location Upon my Arrival ...I hope to read from you soon with all the required details.And if you have more questions call me on 806 291 7476

Thank you and enjoy your day.
Cole.Wendy
(Assistant Personnel Manager)
EKAN MODEL MANAGEMENT

Inspired1

Not a Legitimate Request
To anyone who has received a letter from one Laurie McGinnis, don't fall for it.
This is someone trying to rip you off. I am an AVON agent and this is not the first time I received an email of this kind. I replied by saying if you are in Wisconsin I would think that AVON would have given you contact information for a Representative in your area. Why are you contacting me and I am in New York. I also let this person know that I do not do business the way that they were asking. I replied that if you wish to place an order do it through my website. Recently I have been getting these types of emails also most on a daily basis. There has to be a way to put a stop to this and apprehend the individuals behind these scams.

pflamingo

EKAN MODEL MANAGEMENT
Just wanted to add my scammer to the list, seems like the EKAN Model Management has been busy.

"Hello,
Good to hear from you.My name is Laurie McGinnis,I am from Wiscosin but will be coming to your state for an upcomming event.Woul have prefered to order online but for now all purchases in our company are done with paper payment so i would love you to place the order for me.

Below is the list of items needed:

FRAGRANCE
Simple Elements Meadow Dew Eau de Toilette Splash...............(2)
In Bloom(Resse Witherspoon)........................................(1)
Petal by Cynthia Rowley Eau de Toilette Spray.....................(1)
Bond Girl 007........................................................( 1)

MAKEUP
ANEW Youth-Awakening Lipstick....................................(2)Sunset Pink
ANEW Wrinkle Zone Line Smoothing Duo...........................(1)Medium
12-in-1 Eye Palette & SuperCurlacious Mascara
Duo................(1)Navy or black

I would need to know the total of all the products i requested for and also the name and address you want the payment sent to and also a phone number i can reach you on.After you send me this information
the organizer of the event will mail you a check or money order for the payment,which you can cash instantly at your bank because we need these items there in before the date of the event and they will be picked up at your location Upon my Arrival ...I hope to read from you soon with all the required details.And if you have more questions call me on 806 291 7476

Joy . Amy
EKAN MODEL MANAGEMENT "

LMRicci

Avon Fraud
I'm a legitimate Avon representative. I've received several spam requests. They are very easy to spot (poor grammar, requests for products out of the current campaign), not to mention I'm mistrusting of anyone who doesn't tell me who they are or how they know me or got my information.

I immediately reply to them that they can order directly online from my site or send me the information. I also tell them the information I need to place the order. I also tell them I need 50% payment up front, or as I did with one person after they said they would pay me after I send them the products, told them the process is that I deliver directly to them and they pay upon receipt.

After giving these idiots that information I generally do not hear from them again.

Shari49
Avon scam
Hi, I am an Avon representative who received the nearly identical e-mails from someone wanting to buy Avon Products.

"Hello ,
Thanks for your response and I really appreciate it , My name is susan joseph, I am a retail buyer .... I was introduced to Avon Some Months ago and I got your sales and contact from Avon and I would like to purchase this Items from you on a dealership and not with the company cos I am new on computer and I don't operate with credit card, that is why I am dealing directly with you and I will appreciate if I can order this Product through you once you have the funds from me for the product .. All the product I want to order from you is my first order this year .. I will want you to get back to me with the total cost of the listed item and your name and address where I can send the payment to:

5 ANEW REJUVENATE Skin Revitalizing System
5 ADVANCE TECHNIQUES Frizz Control Lotus Shield Anti-Frizz Treatment
5 ANEW ULTIMATE Age Defying System

kindly let me know if there is any discount you want to give me on my first order, and also you don't need to worry about the shipping and the pick up of the order from your location that will be handled through my Shipper after you have received the funds for the order....

Thanks a lot
God Bless you.
susan"

Subsequent e-mails from Susan Joseph had instructions to send the overpayment via Western Union to a person in GA. For $960 worth of Avon, she sent a check for $2200. Supposedly this person in GA was going to pick up the Avon products from my house in Michigan once I sent the money. The check I received was from Louisiana in the name of a construction company.

I wish I'd caught on sooner than I did! Fortunately I never sent any money to anyone and have notified the company in Louisiana and their bank is on fraud alert.

Susan Joseph has been getting pushy about me getting back with her with the Western Union information. I got this from her yesterday:

"Hello Sis,
Okay i understand you,just make sure you are woman of your word....i will e waiting for the western union information's on Monday Morning before noon...

Happy Thanksgiving
Susan"

It wasn't until I did some searching and found the same e-mails on here that I really caught on that I was being scammed.
Thank you all for reporting your experiences!
Shari49

ThatGrrl

Hi folks,

At a guess, the perfumes/cosmetics etc will be put in boxes with handbags, chocolates, teddy bears etc etc etc and sent to romance scam victims. The purpose is twofold:

1. To woo the victim, obviously (what woman doesn't like getting gifts from a lover?) Victim is also more likely to pay up after being sent a whole load of stuff.
2. To use the victim as a fence for the stolen goods. Also possibly to test logistics processes to see how much stolen stuff gets through any particular channel. The scammers would them exploit the weakest one.

Unregistered

FRAUDERS BEWARE!!!!
I am a new AVON representative, only in my second campaign and still trying to figure things out. Today I got a message on my AVON site from an Emmanuel Morrison that simply said "I want products" so I told them what that needed to do to order. And this is the email I got from "Emmanuel":

Hello,
How are you doing today?
I hope all is well with you,Please This is Emmanuel Morrison Representative's office of WFWO: I want to order 60 bottles of Haiku Eau de Parfum Spray (102-972) and 60 Bottles of Far Away Dreams Eau de Parfum Spray ( 893-436 ) I am purchase this Product for my Co worker's and friends as invitation Gift to my Up coming wedding ceremony. I am on a trip now to Virginia for the mean time. I will like you to handle the order for me as your personal order for me, I got your info from meet mark searching for reps and I decided to choose you out of them as my rep. Please get back to me asap with the grand total so I can provide you with my credit card information for you to run for the approval code and as soon as you receive my Order at you end, I will make the shipping arrangement with USPS Shipping Label myself...Hope you can help me out with this. Looking forward to hear from you soon thanks.

Emmanuel.

I was so confused and trying to construct an email back on how I can not do what this person wants but trying to help them figure out how they can do it. I decided to use google and found this website. I can't tell you how ****ed of I am!!!!

Infidel

Re :
These scammers have done this with other folks too ,Craiglist ect ....I myself was selling a Item ,and they were willing to pay extra Ca$h for the Item with a Fake Postal Money Order . They Have Have Money Orders from Western Union ,Money Gram also . So Be alert Cause they will even do it for Apt rentals ,Car sales or what ever they can get their hands on .

Shari49

Avon scam
What is scary to me is the check I received for $2200 was real! The bank put a stop payment on it, but it makes me wonder if there was an inside job either with the bank or the construction company in Louisiana. I don't understand how they get away with this. If I had done what I was asked by these scammers, I would have been out $2200 of my own money! Like I can afford that.
Surely there is a way to stop these people.

Right after this group of e-mails from Susan Joseph, I got another one from someone else claiming to be in Wisconsin. I just ignored that one. I'm smarter now. :-)
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:58 am

Unregistered

Another sample scammer letter I got today
I am so glad I call my Avon Upline lady this morning and she told me, there is a lot of scammers that are trying to scam Avon Representatives, so here is the email I received today.

( Hello ,

Thanks for your response and I really appreciate it , My name is Joy Williams, I am a retail buyer .... I was introduced to Avon Some Months ago and I got your sales and contact from Avon and I would like to purchase this Items from you on a dealership and not with the company cos I am new on computer and I don't operate with credit card, that is why I am dealing directly with you and I will appreciate if I can order this Product through you once you have the funds from me for the product .. All the product I want to order from you is my first order this year .. I will want you to get back to me with the total cost of the listed item and your name and address where I can send the payment to:

3 ANEW REVERSALIST Illuminating Eye System 245-213

3 ANEW REVERSALIST Day Renewal Cream SPF 25. 247-307

2 ANEW REVERSALIST Renewal Serum 338-247

3 ANEW REVERSALIST Day Renewal Cream SPF 25 Try-It Size - .5 fl. oz. 319-000

Thanks a lot)

Unregistered

Avon Scam-Micheal Whitley
I received the following emails and figured it was a scam right off from all of the websites I've been seeing with information on it. I think I will share this one so that people can watch out for this person as well:

Email #1

Hello Owner,

My Name is Mr. Micheal Whitley and I'm inquiring about an order of some Hair care . skin care.Body Oil and some soap product here is some few types i will like you to quote me for each.

Flower Garden Soap
Lavender Soap
Citrus Verbena Shower Gel 250 ml
Shea Butter Extra Gentle Soap - Milk 250 g
Citrus Verbena Daily Use Shampoo 250 ml
Aromachology Soothing Shampoo 300 ml
Ultra Rich Conditioner 200 ml
Shea Butter Hand Cream 150 ml
Lavender Shea Butter Liquid Soap 500 ml
Cherry Blossom Shimmering Lotion 250 ml
Amyris Essential Oil 1 fl oz
Lemon essential oil 15ml
Cedarwood essential 15ml
ylang ylang essential oil15ml
pure Lavender essential oil 15ml
Jojoba Essential oil 11ml
Carrot Seed Essential 100Oil
Lemongrass Essential Oil 50ml

Please can you email me back With the price on each of the Products listed also if you do not have this types you can also email me back with the types you carry and the sizes along with Price you do have in stock with some pricing and also include your direct website where i can view all those that you do have in stock.Also let me know if you do take a surcharge when accepting either master cards or visa.Hope to hear from you soon.

Note : Send me an email for all information .

Kindest Regards......
Mr.Micheal Whitley .....

Email #2
Thank you very much for the email back. I will like you to please email me back with the total cost for the below items include tax and excluding delivery also let me know how long you can get this ready for me .

Shea Butter Hand Cream 150ml $1.99 .......... Qty = 100
Cherry Blossom Shimmering Lotion 250ml $7.00 .......... Qty = 50
Bubble Bath 24 fl. oz. $8.00 .......... Qty = 100
Volume Shampoo 11.8 fl. oz $6 .......... Qty = 100
ANEW CLINICAL Thermafirm Face Lifting Cream 1 fl. oz. $22.00 .......... Qty = 50

Can i know which types of Credit cards you take as for payment ?

Mr. Micheal Whitley

Unregistered

Same scam - in my 3rd campaign
I received an almost identical email today in response to my reply to their "contact me" request. The items he "ordered" were different, but otherwise the email was identical!
It's definitely frustrating as a new Rep. (I'm in my 3rd campaign) to have to deal with this when you are trying to learn everything else. If this is as common as it seems to be from all of the posts here, can't AVON do anything to prevent this kind of thing (like have a security measure like this site does)?
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:04 am

Unregistered

Avon Rep Scam
I am a new Avon Rep and received an email through my Avon website asking to order products. The email was from a Yahoo account in Canada, so I wrote the person (Estella Jurkovich) and told them they would need to order from their Rep in Canada. Within an hour, I received this email in reply:

"Thank you for your response, I'm the manager of a freelance model group from Milwaukee, WI. But we are coming down to your area for a photo shoot and I would need you to get these items for me:

BATH & BODY:
Foot Works Lavender Clay Mask ........................................(2) 074872

SKIN CARE:

FRAGRANCE:
Timeless Cologne Spray .....................................................(1) 011626

MAKE UP:

I will like to know the total cost plus the necessary tax I am to pay on this items I listed and also the name and address you want the payment sent to and also your phone number to reach you on. After you send me this information I would instruct my sponsors to send you the payment which would be in form of money orders or certified check which you can cash instantly at your bank. Please get back to me as soon as possible so I can continue with the purchase, We would be there soon so we would pick up the items in person but I want you to have the funds in advance, so send me the quotations and details needed to send you payment.

Thanks and God bless.
Estella"

The email was from estellajurkovich72@yahoo.ca. I looked up this person's name online and the only "hit" was a 57-year old woman in Joliet, Illinois (whose home address and home phone number I was also able to get). The 1st thing I did was block her email. There are websites you can forward these emails to and they will try to track the sender. They caution that these people are criminals and to be careful not to reply to them.

I think the more of us who post these emails on here, the more we are helping others from identity theft and more. Thank you to all of you for your efforts!

dgautieriavon
Texas Avon email scam
Here's the email I got. I'm a new Avon rep so this really angered me. So confusing on your first couple of campaigns.

Hello active rep..how are you doing and thanks for your willingness to being my rep?I could have contacted you for help before now but couldn't because i just had a new baby and somehow away on my desk...I found out your page on avon and and can't wait to get some wonderful products as gift for my family members..I have patronized marykay in the time past and it's my pleasure trying avon this time around. These are the unique items i will love you to order for me and i will be making the payment with /MONEY ORDER/CERTIFIED CHECK as i stopped operating my credit card currently due to some reasons.

3 pieces of Illuminating Crystals Digital Watch(black)
code(138-881)
price..$59.99

5 pieces of Cashtastic Belted Sweater in Womens
code-(866-668)
price..$34.99

Do email me back with the total.You should as well get back with your fullname and mailing address to make the payment out to you as soon as possible.And as for the shipment i will make arrangement with UPS to pick them up from you for me after you might have gotten my payment. Thanks my regards to your entire family over there..Below is my shipping address:

4707 Eby Lane Austin, Texas 78731.

Latricia

Then the second email I received was:

Hello ,sorry i could not get back to you before now.My baby has not not been feeling fine and i had to keep taking him for medical check up..I could not not even sleep last night because i was afraid of his state of health .I have a goodnews for you regarding the payment.I had just read from my debtor that the check has been issued out to you and you will be receiving it via fedex this morning..the tracking # (796661327947).. But there is a big problem,cos she was informing me that she sent out the whole amount she was owing me instead of her to just send you the amount for the items i am purchasing from you.i was so mad at her when i heard this because i don't know if my money will be safe with you when you got it.I wanted her to send the remaining of the funds to my Upholstery dealer on ebay to balance her up i am afraid i may get screwed up if you are not honest...I just don't know what to do cos i am totally confused,pls ..may i know if my money will be safe with you when you get it and will i be able to get the remaining of my money after you might have deducted your amount for the items?Pls here is what you are to do when you got the check .You should deduct your amount for the items i ordered from you and deduct an extra $20 for any stress i might cause you.And kindly proceed down to any western union money transfer outlet to have my remaining funds sent out to my Upholstery dealer asap today so my work will not be delayed..Here is the wiring information below to send the left over.

Name: Xiomara Santana
City: Houston
State: Texas
Zip code: 77090

I will check my email later to read from you and get the western union transfer details from you because i will have to take my baby out again for medical check up first thing in the morning.And kindly have my orders processed in a timely manner as i can't wait to get them...Thanks and God bless.

Yeah, that tracking number was a package going to MA, not TX. HAHAHA idiots, they thought I wouldn't check.

Unregistered

Same fraud avon order
I recieved an email from a woman wanting to order avon, seemed fishy to me. My daughter found this site and there was the exact same email to someone else.

Thank you for your response, I'm the manager of a freelance model group from Milwaukee, WI. But we are coming down to your area for a photo shoot and I would need you to get these items for me:

BATH & BODY:

SKIN CARE:
ANEW CLINICAL Instant Face Lift ....................................(1) 607755 OR 556651

FRAGRANCE:

MAKE UP:

I will like to know the total cost plus the necessary tax I am to pay on this items I listed and also the name and address you want the payment sent to and also your phone number to reach you on. After you send me this information I would instruct my sponsors to send you the payment which would be in form of money orders or certified check which you can cash instantly at your bank. Please get back to me as soon as possible so I can continue with the purchase, We would be there soon so we would pick up the items in person but I want you to have the funds in advance, so send me the quotations and details needed to send you payment.

Thanks and God bless.
Estella.

Unregistered

Avon scam
I too received an email similar to the other two already listed. Here is a copy of the initial email. I forwarded the email to my manager to send to all of the reps in our area.

Hello Barbara

Thanks for your response and i really appreciate it,I got your sales from Avon and I would like to purchase this Items with you on a dealership,not with the company because i am new on this and i don't operate credit card.....All I want are listed below

Details is needed here to send you the payment

Full Name:
Address:
Total Cost:
Personal Phone Number:

I need 10pieces of...................... Beauty Faves Trio 3-Piece Collection 711-700
I need 10pieces of .......................ADVANCE TECHNIQUES Daily Shine Dry Ends Serum 883-261
I need 10pieces of...................... ANEW PLATINUM Day Cream Try-It Size - .5 fl. oz 695-140

Please kindly let me know if there is a discount to it, and also you don't have to worry about the shipping because I have a personal shipping company which will pickup the products from you...Meanwhile,I will send Certified Check for the products..kindly get back to me with your full name and mailing address for the payment...looking forward to here from you hopefully soon.Thanks and best Regards

Renee

Hopefully no one else falls for this scam. I contacted our local news channel and will be calling the bank that issued the check in the morning.

Unregistered

I love Google....
I got an e-mail from someone named "Estella Jurkovich", so I replied, but I didn't order anything for her. I Googled her name first, because her story didn't add up. Then, I found the exact same e-mail she sent to me on this forum. I am glad I went with my gut, and researched this person. I wasn't actually defrauded, because I never ordered anything for her. However, who do I report this e-mail to? I would like to see this person brought to justice for trying to defraud people like this. Thank you!

Unregistered

SCAM from Estella Jurkovich
I am also a new rep from Avon and have nearly fallen into the scam of Estella Jurkovich. Here is the exact same email that I also received:

"Thank you for your response, I'm the manager of a freelance model group from Milwaukee, WI. But we are coming down to your area for a photo shoot and I would need you to get these items for me:

BATH & BODY:

SKIN CARE:

FRAGRANCE:

MAKE UP:

Thanks and God bless.
Estella"

Idiotically, I replied with the price needed for the items she wanted. She then replied back saying she needed an address and name for the check to be made out to. After idiotically giving out the information, a few days later, I received a check written out in my name for $2000 (when the order was only $120). This is when i realized it was fishy. Estella sent me an email that day saying that her "sponsors" made a mistake and included the Avon money with the plane ticket money they'd be needing for their modeling trip. She then DEMANDED that i cash the check and immediately send her the remaining money VIA cashier's check back to her! I am extremely angry, and disappointed that a person would do this. And now am terrified because she has my address! I WILL be taking this to the police.

Unregistered

scamming avon reps
I recieved a similar email from a lady "named" Lynn Adams......email went as follows....

Hello,

Good to hear from you.I am from BALTIMORE, MD. but will be coming to you for a showbiz.We have prefer to order online but for now all purchases in our company are done with paper payment so i would love you to place the order for me.Below is the list of items needed:

FRAGRANCE

ANEW PLATINUM Day Cream Trial Size - .25 fl. oz.
182-181...........(Qty 2)

Imari Mystique Body Lotion
079-343..........(Qty 2)

Clearskin® Professional Clear Pore Thermal Mask
693-171.........(Qty 2)

Solutions Vibes Wake Up Eye Roller
692-998........(Qty 2)

MOISTURE THERAPY Soothing Oatmeal Creamy Body Wash
682-641.......(Qty 2)

Onyx Luster Tri-Lip Gloss(Night Violet 774-129)(Qty 2) and (Pink Shimmer
774-258)(Qty 2)

I would need to know the total of all the products i requested for and also the name and address you want the payment sent to and also a phone number i can reach you on.After you send me this information the Manager of our company will mail you a check for the payment,which you can cash instantly at your bank because we need these items here before the date of the event and they will be picked up at your location Upon my Arrival in state....I hope to read from you soon with all details required.

1- Name to be written on the payment
2- Mailing address , No p.o.box
3- Phone Number
4- City
5- Zip Code
6- State

I emailed my Upline lady and asked her if she had ever heard of this happening and what her thoughts were on it and she said that it was in fact a scam and i'm so glad I emailed her about it. I created a fake invoice and went ahead and emailed it back to the "lynn adams" and told her I just needed her to call me on my cell phone to verify her order and still no call. I will not be ordering her products and if I do recieve a check I will probably take it to my local authorities. At first I was excited because it was close to a $200 order. But better safe than sorry. If she isn't willing to place a simple phone call then she isn't worth my time.
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:11 am

Unregistered

I too received am email from estella
I really thought I was getting a great order but it didn't sound right. How did this person get my email. I also gave my name and address to this person but I will not order any thing. I told them to go to my website and order and she hasn't emailed me back. Wish I never gave out my address.

Unregistered

Avon scam
This is the email I received today! At first I was so happy!! That's $2500 worth of stuff!! Then I read further!! She wants me to receive the shipment then ship it again to her?!?! NO WAY!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
Thanks very much for your reply. I am glad to read your mail. Below are the Items and the Quantity i will like to order. but first I will like you to get back to me with the total cost also let me know when you are going to place the Order and the arrival date at your end. So that i take care of the shipping from there. Also i will email you my CC information for you to run the total payment on so that after you are done with the payment i will get you the shipping labels for you to paste of the boxes for shipping.. Please do this for me because i want you to place this order for me so keep this order as a surprise to my family and some church members, so just order them to your place and i will get back to you with USPS shipping labels so you ship them out for me .

This is the item below and i want 50 each .

*** Haiku Eau de Parfum Spray . and the item # is 102-972

*** Far Away Eau de Parfum Spray. # is 215-393

So please if you are willing to help me with this Order .. Just get back to me with the total cost and also let me know when you will place the Order and receive it so that i email you with my CC information for you to run the total payment on . I hope to hear from you soon soon take care and also have a nice day.

Joan

Unregistered

Got one too!
I got an email similar to many I have read. This one from a Sandra Bryan and she used the Stewart Talent Company in Chicago as her background. Even gave the address (But curiously no phone number.) I googled it and her name. I found a 41 year old in illinois and a 60 something year old also in illinois that was a retired teacher! No Sandra Bryan connected to Stewart Talent. I checked the Stewart Talent agency website not only for Chicago but for the other two cities and found no mention of a Sandra Bryan. I checked facebook, etc. NADA for anyone even friended to Stewart's FB page with that name. Granted it was a smaller order so probably a test run but am so glad I had the flags go off before I did anything stupid!

Flags to look for:

1. Professional company but bad grammar, punctuation, capitalization, etc.

2. No campaign # listed.

3. Unusual amounts of products.

4. No specifics on the "Showbiz" such as date or location.

5. Why would a major company suddenly not want to order from a website?

6. For me, I live in a small town in the middle of podunk Nebraska, why the heck would a major east coast company suddenly pick me out of a hat to order from?

7. Also phrases like "Cash Instantly" "Paper Payment" and "No P.O. Boxes"

8. Finally, I checked after receiving this email today and this person had pulled themselves from my customer list. When I initially checked after receiving the email that they were interested in ordering Avon Products, other than an email address there was absolutely no contact information on their form.

Here is the email:

Hello,
Thanks for the response i really appreciate your quick response to my inquiry,how are you doing today? hope all is well with you and your family? find below the list of the items needed

Reese In Bloom EDP 442134 2

Bond Girl 007 EDP Spray 865858 4

Anew YthAwk Lip SnstPnk 074341 2

Eye Palette 12-In-1 Shd1 434751 1

Super curl Masc Black 441669 2

Anew Wrinkle Smooth Deep 239996 1

My name is Sandra Bryan ,I am from Chicago and will be coming to NE for a showbiz. We have prefer to order online but for now all purchases in our company are done with paper payment so i would love you to place the order for me. I would need to know the total of all the products i requested for and also the name and address you want the payment sent to and also a phone number i can reach you on.After you send me this information the Manager of our company will mail you a check for the payment,which you can cash instantly at your bank because we need these items there in NE before the date of the event and they will be picked up at your location Upon my Arrival in NE ...I hope to read from you soon with all details required..
1- Name to be written on the certified check
3- Phone Number
4- City
5- Zip Code
6- State
Due Regards
Sandra
Stewart Talent Elite Model Management
58 West Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60654, United States

cassandrakay2010
Another Avon Fraud
I recieved an email last night from a Sandra Bryan claiming to be an assistant manager for part of elite model management. I contacted her first because I recieved a "contact me" request on my web office. Her reply is as follows:

Hello,
Thanks for the response i really appreciate your quick response to my inquiry,how are you doing today? hope all is well with you and your family? find below the list of the items needed

Reese In Bloom EDP 442134 2

Bond Girl 007 EDP Spray 865858 4

Anew YthAwk Lip SnstPnk 074341 2

Eye Palette 12-In-1 Shd1 434751 1

Super curl Masc Black 441669 2

Anew Wrinkle Smooth Deep 239996 1

My name is Sandra Bryan ,I am from Chicago and will be coming to NE for a showbiz. We have prefer to order online but for now all purchases in our company are done with paper payment so i would love you to place the order for me. I would need to know the total of all the products i requested for and also the name and address you want the payment sent to and also a phone number i can reach you on.After you send me this information the Manager of our company will mail you a check for the payment,which you can cash instantly at your bank because we need these items there in NE before the date of the event and they will be picked up at your location Upon my Arrival in NE ...I hope to read from you soon with all details required..
1- Name to be written on the certified check
3- Phone Number
4- City
5- Zip Code
6- State
Due Regards
Sandra
Stewart Talent Elite Model Management
58 West Huron Street

I didn't believe it when I saw 1-her unprofessional grammer/punctuation, 2-her saying they no longer make direct orders. I called the district manager (since my upline wasn't available) and she said she had someone call about a month ago about the same situation. She also said she doesn't know how they do it, but they target new reps. Glad I didn't fall for it....

squishy

I fell for it...
Received the below email, early last week. I'm never comfortable placing orders over $50, for anyone, including family, because I simply cannot afford to cover the cost if they don't pay. When this woman, April Rowland, said she would mail me a payment and once I cashed the payment, I could order, I thought "okay, sure, seems legit". I received a follow-up email this morning letting me know the payment was on its way but it was for more than the total cost of the products, I thought I would do some research. I'm glad I looked into this and kept it from going any further.

Hello,
Good to hear from you. coming over to your area for a showbiz in one , the Hotels Conference hall around you shortly.We have prefer to order online but for now all purchases in our company are done with paper payment so i would love you to place the order for me.Below are the list of items needed:

Bond Girl 007 EDP Spray 865-858....(3)

Anew Youth Awakening Lipstick Sunset Pink 074-341...(2)

Supercurlacious Mascara Black 441-669.............................................(2)

Anew Wrinkle Smooth Deep 239-996..................................................(1)

ANEW ULTIMATE Age Repair Elixir 390-603 ......................................(2)

I would need to know the total of all the products i requested for and also the name and address you want the payment sent to and also a phone number i can reach you on.After you send me this information the Manager of our company will mail you a check for the payment,which you can cash instantly at your bank because we need these items, before the date of the event and they will be picked up at your location Upon my Arrival. I hope to read from you soon with all details required.

1- Name to be written on the payment:
2- Mailing address ( No p.o.box ):
3- Phone Number:
4- City:
5- Zip Code:
6- State:

April..

Thank you and enjoy your day and how much sales tax to charge? and when is The next order date?

Received the check
I received the "payment" from above "sender". The check was mailed from Arizona, the FedEx label had an Illinois address on it, and the check "came from" Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City, FL. It looks like a real check, but I wont even attempt to cash it, because the address for the bank that Stingray Chevrolet "uses" is spelled incorrectly.
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:23 am

Unregistered

I almost fell for this
This is the e-mail I received., unfortunately I fell for it and gave my address and phone number! I have not placed the order and have not received the so-called check. I started to researching and I am glad I found this site!!! Who should we report this to?

Thank you, I appreciate your feed back, I'm the manager of the TLW Modeling & Promotions from Chicago, IL. We are coming down to your area for a photo shoot and I would need you to get the underlisted items for me:

SKIN CARE:
ANEW CLINICAL Body Contouring Treatment ....................Item#:215-647 x (1)
ANEW CLINICAL Professional Cellulite Treatment .........Item#:600-564 x (2)

FRAGRANCE:
Imari Eau de Cologne Spray .................................................Item#:927-549 x (2)
Chic in White Eau de Parfum Spray .....................................Item#:186-100 x (1)

MAKE UP:
Cream-to-Powder Foundation SPF 15.(Light Ivory) ...........Item#:203-632 x (2)
Lip Conditioner SPF 15 (Rose) ............................................ Item#: 221-452 x (2)

HAIR CARE:
ADVANCE TECHNIQUES Daily Shine 3-Piece Collection ...Item#:894-538 x (2)
NATURALS Key Lime & Passion Flower Volumizing Shampo.Item#:187915 x(1)

BATH & BODY:
SKIN SO SOFT Fresh & Smooth Hair Minimizing Roll-On Anti-Perspirant Deodorant ............................................................ ........ Item#:013-409 x (2)

Please get back to me with the total cost and the sale tax I'm to pay on those listed items and also the name and address you want the payment sent to with your phone number to reach you in case of emergency. After you send me this information I would instruct my sponsors to send you the payment which would be in form of money orders or certified check which you can cash instantly at your bank. Please get back to me as soon as possible so I can continue with the purchase, We would be there soon so we would pick up the items in person but I want you to have the funds in advance so send me the quotations and details needed to send you payment.

Thank you and God bless.
Juliet

Good Afternoon Frank

I need to inform you that payment for the Avon products would arrive on Thursday, my sponsors just called me today he has sent it already, so be around to receive it Thursday morning. Then i should let you know there is a big mistake on the payment mail to you. I also want you to know that the amount which was sent to you by the sponsor is more than your asking price because they mistakenly sent our traveling fees along with the money for our expenses, so I would also want you to remit the rest of the funds, I hope I can trust you with the rest of the funds for our flight ticket because people can be really funny nowadays, then once you get it proceed to the bank for the cash. So you would have to deduct the money for your Avon items while you send the rest to me via MONEYGRAM OR WESTERN UNION later today, as soon as you send the funds I would be able to provide you with our trip plan and arival time for pick up of the products in person. The funds should be sent at any western union outlet in my PA name.

Below is the name and address you would send the funds to:

Name: Estella Jurkovich
Address: 118 Twin Oaks Drive
City: Joliet
State: IL
Zipcode: 60435

After the transfer get back to me with all the transfer details from Western Union OR MoneyGram, the details needed would be the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN Usually 10 Digits) if you used western Union but will be (8 digits REFERENCE number) if you used MoneyGram, also I will need to know the total amount sent after deducting transfer charges, Note that the transfer charges should be deducted from the money you are sending and not from your money. The funds are needed urgently so get this done and get back to me as soon as possible. Also advice when my Avon would arrive if not arrived yet.

Thank you and God bless
Juliet

Dodobird
Support

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Who should we report this to?

In your case, this would be through the FBI's cybercrime division online;

http://www.ic3.gov

Unregistered

Avon scam
Hi, I just googled avon scams & here you are!
I have received a very similar email from someone calling theirselves Davied Villa. (Google brings up a famous soccer player, lol). I just started selling last week, my first order was from this person...ordered 5 of 6 different items...$300 order.
I suspected scamming & sent the emails to Avon--Avon sent me a blanket letter telling me how to avoid being scammed, but nothing about the one that has been listed here.

I sent the order in to Avon, and am now waiting for her "check" to get here. Once I get the check I will turn it over to someone who deals with internet fraud.

I am looking forward to dissapointing this scammer...but am sure they will have someone fall victim quite soon.

I am now only going to accept orders from people I know, or people I invite to my site.

Hope more people read about these scams-before they get taken.

slrisor1980
I too just had someone scamming me. I'm new to Avon but it seemed like a scam Especially when she said certified check/money order. Plus I thought it was too good to be true that i would have such a big order.

Thank you, I appreciate your feed back, I'm the manager of the TLW Modeling & Promotions from Chicago, IL. We are coming down to your area for a photo shoot and I would need you to get the underlisted items for me:

SKIN CARE:

FRAGRANCE:
Imari Eau de Cologne Spray .................................................Item#:927-549 x (2)
Chic in White Eau de Parfum Spray .....................................Item#:186-100 x (1)

MAKE UP:
Lip Conditioner SPF 15 (Rose) ............................................ Item#: 221-452 x (2)

HAIR CARE:

BATH & BODY:
SKIN SO SOFT Fresh & Smooth Hair Minimizing Roll-On Anti-Perspirant Deodorant ............................................................ ........ Item#:013-409 x (2)

Please get back to me with the total cost and the sale tax I'm to pay on those listed items and also the name and address you want the payment sent to with your phone number to reach you in case of emergency. After you send me this information I would instruct my sponsors to send you the payment which would be in form of money orders or certified check which you can cash instantly at your bank. Please get back to me as soon as possible so I can continue with the purchase, We would be there soon so we would pick up the items in person but I want you to have the funds in advance so send me the quotations and details needed to send you payment.

Thank you and God bless,
Margaret Mack.

It is very upsetting that ppl have to be so horrible.

ladyxmess
I am the unregistered guest above the last post...today I received this email...so we have another name/address to place with scams.

Below is the name and address you would send the funds to today via western union :
Receiver's Name: William Momenee
Receiver's address:924 West Alexis Rd
City: Toledo
State:OHIO
Zip Code: 43612

Hope I can help one person--Chris

Unregistered
another scam
I am a new avon rep and this is my first campaign (must have thought since I'm new i would be naive enough to fall for this). However if it sounds to good to be true.... it probably is so I googled avon scams and found an almost identical email to the one that I received which I posted below. For being with a "modeling agency" i would expect a different email rather one from gmail! This forum has definitely helped me out thanks for posting!

Rachel

Mary Peeples <marypplleess01@gmail.com>

dateSun, Apr 17, 2011 at 7:24 AM
subjectAvon Order
mailed-bygmail.com
signed-bygmail.com

hide details 7:24 AM (15 hours ago)

I'm the manager of the TLW Modeling & Promotions from Chicago, IL. We are coming down to your area for a photo shoot and I would need you to get the underlisted items for me:

SKIN CARE:

FRAGRANCE:

MAKE UP:

HAIR CARE:

BATH & BODY:

Thank you and God bless.
Mary Peeples

awilson24

this was 1 I recieved 4-7-2011
Am Happy to read from you for helping me with Avon product..i will like to list the product i want to order from you with the quantity i need. Below is the list of items needed:

UperCurlacious Mascara ........................(5) (Black Color)

RARE GOLD Eau de
Parfum Spray.....................(4)

I will be coming to your State for a show.We have prefer to order online but for now all purchases in our company are done with paper payment so i would love you to place the order for me. I would need to know the total amount of all the products i requested for and also the name and address you want the payment sent to and also a phone number i can from you.After you send me this information the Manager of our company will mail you a cashier check for the payment,which you can easily cash Immediately at your bank because we need these items before the date of the event and they will be picked up at your location Upon my Arrival...I hope to read from you soon with all details required in order to proceed with with my order..

1- Your Full Name
2- Your Mailing address
3- City
4- State
5- Zip Code
6- Your phone number to reach you

Thanks for your time
the email was from a Sandra Donald" <sandra.donald49@yahoo.com

newrep

contact me e-mail scam
I am a new AVON rep, and recently received a contact me request from my new site. Of course I was excited, so I replied quickly. The following was the response I received:

SKIN CARE:

FRAGRANCE:

MAKE UP:

HAIR CARE:

BATH & BODY:

Thank you and God bless.
Juliet

This came from julietdonna52@yahoo.com.

Unregistered

Just received an Identical email from a Mary Peeples
I just received an identical email for an Avon order from a Mary Peeples. Before responding or ordering any products I googled TLW Modeling & Promotions from Chicago, IL. I could find nothing about the company such as a phone number or address.
I did find this website!
Thanks!

Unregistered

Contact me email scam!!!
I've been doing Avon for a little bit now! I just got a contact me email. I was excited, still trying to build business! I emailed back. I got this reply....

SKIN CARE:

FRAGRANCE:

MAKE UP:

HAIR CARE:

BATH & BODY:

Thank you and God bless.
Juliet

I called my sales manager! She told me it was a scam! Watch out for it! Too bad it could have been a big order!! Watch out my fellow Avon reps!

Unregistered

Avon Scam
I recieve this email, I am so glad I googled scams. Its crazy I have recieve so many of these contact me request that its scary how low some people will go. Don't they have anything better to do with there time? Like get a job???

SKIN CARE:

FRAGRANCE:

MAKE UP:

HAIR CARE:

BATH & BODY:

Thank you and God bless,
Sarah Porwoll.

Unregistered

Avon scam
I received the same message from "Sarah Porwoll" today. I can't believe it! Here I thought I was getting a nice order! I'm going to forward it to my District Manager, and delete "Sarah" (I'm sure it is NOT her real name!) from my customer list!

Unregistered

I got the same email too
I received the same email from Sarah Porwoll. When I got it I had some nerves about it, but being new with AVON I thought "Well they are a well known company and I am sure you get orders from alot of unknown people" So I went as far as ordering the products. I still had a bad feeling about it so I googled the name of the modeling agency just to see what it was and that is when I found all this information. Thanks for posting all of this. I reported it to AVON and my district rep. Now I just have to return all the products. I feel stupid!

Unregistered

Sarah Porwoll
Yeah I got the same email yesterday!

SKIN CARE:

FRAGRANCE:

MAKE UP:

HAIR CARE:

BATH & BODY:

Thank you and God bless,
Sarah Porwoll.

Unregistered

Scam
I just received the exact same email, only the individual said their name was Lynn wood

email address was lynnwood70@yahoo.com

WATCH OUT for these!

Unregistered

Avon Scam
Just received the same email, but it was signed: Janel Garza. Her email address is: janelgagdarzas01@gmail.com
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:34 am

apoole

Avon Order scam
Hello,

I'm a new representative and my upper leaders sent out an email to me at the very start about being careful of fraudulent orders. I just received my first email contact and I replied stating the information that I would need for the order and that I would have them pay online. A reply came back in the same format as the previous ones in this chain, stating she was with Premier Model & Talent in Chicago, IL. She was very professional sounding but as soon as she said that she would have a sponsor pay with a money order or cashier's check it turned on the warning bell. Also, I thought it was strange that this person used one email to initially contact me, but a different email to send this order list. I smelled a skunk. The name of the person contacting me signed it Mary Peeples and used marryppleess01@gmail.com.

I hope this helps others,
Amy

Unregistered

avon scam from fake modeling agency
I am a new Avon representative and recently signrd up as an eRepresentative. I did not realize I had a new online customer inquiry until a few days ago. I replied to the inquiry and got the same email as many of you did requesting products in exchange for a money order. The email came from Sarah Porwoll and address was porwollsarah2@yahoo.com. I thought it was a strange email and the language did not sound like a manager would make a transaction that way so I decided to google the name as I am aware of similar scams out of Africa (I was a victim of a money order scam last year through match.com). Upon googling I found all of this info from you guys. Thank you so much for the warning! I hope we can somehow stop these guys by making this well know. I spread the word wherever I go about the money scams from foreign countries particularly Nigeria!

mcmitchell

Way too close
I received a similar order. The name given was "Kimberly" and the email address was

grace_smith7777@yahoo.com.

I gave my address and phone number, unfortunately. However I was weary from the beginning. Same reasons--coming from out of town, bad grammar, unusual order--all together shady. I received the check, which happens to be drawn on the bank where i have my account. I talked with the branch manager, and the checking account was a real account...from the George Washington University School of Law none the less!! Of course, we didn't cash the check, but she told me I would have been charged the $1950.00 once the check was returned. I took it to the police, who basically told me forget about it and there's nothing they can do. In fact, they said no crime had been committed, and only after I'd cashed the check would there have been a crime. THEY SAID THE CRIME WOULD BE THAT I WAS OUT $1950!!!
With the scammer still texting me, asking if I had the money, and having already given me the name and address of whom to Western Union it to, I contacted the FBI (in Missouri where said Western Union is), hoping they could set him up. Apparently, that's not how it works. Instead I was instructed to fill out the IC3, and they would have to conduct an investigation.
It is 2 days later, and scammer is still texting me to find out where their money is. BTW, email to text--no phone number given, and calls come from private number.
the Western Union contact info is

Kenneth Kuntz
8601 s.Broadway
St. Louis, MO

Be Careful!!
Michele

JoiseyJem

Another reporting option
I've received several of these since creating a web page as an Erep. Haven't been victimized by any of the attempts though. The initial request for contact has always had the comment "I want to order products", which immediately made me suspicious. If an individual found the web page and created a user name to send a "contact me" request, then they've already seen how the "store" works.

I, too, consulted with an Avon leader the first time this happened. Even researched a home address one gave when they wrote back with their "order". The address was a municipal parking garage. Not all use authentic businesses when they attempt to scam.

So far, I've received emails from
Paul Amanda - pualamanda44@yahoo.com
Jessica Armstrong - armstrong.jessica48@yahoo.com
Stanley webber - smweembam4real@yahoo.com
Renee Walker - reneewalker707@yahoo.com
Lynn Wood - lynnwood51@yahoo.com

You'll note that the items to be ordered are "high end" on Avon's price list. That was another red flag, aside from being asked for all my personal information (address, phone, etc.) while being promised payment in advance.

Microsoft's web site has good information on internet security as well. I'm now using this:

Attach the suspicious email message to a new email message and forward it to
reportphishing@antiphishing.org

Unregistered

Avon Scam - Almost got me!
I too got a similar message from Lynnwood551@gmail.com and a powolsarah2@yahoo.com
Almost fell for it but thought to check out the company before responding. Glad I did!

SKIN CARE:

FRAGRANCE:

MAKE UP:

HAIR CARE:

BATH & BODY:

Thank you and God bless.
Lynn
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:51 am

Unregistered

Avon Scam

SKIN CARE:

FRAGRANCE:

MAKE UP:

HAIR CARE:

BATH & BODY:

Thank you and God bless,

Tiffany Romanik.

digger
Participant

Avon e mail scams breakdown from May 2010 to Jun 2011
Hello, I have lifted out the text from the word document I posted previously. Apologies I didn't realise that you have to be registered to see any attachments posted. There are many unregistered quests that visit this site.
Hi Dodobird, thanks for the tip regarding the table.
The more tips we can post on this site, the harder we make it for the scammers. Dodobird and Mysteryquest are long time advisors on this site and it is paying off.
The amount of views on this site is going up day by day. People are talking to each other without doubt.

See below. I have listed the information as follows:
No Date posted, Name used in alleged scam,
E mail address used by scammer and used * to detail the details used in the scams as in words used, check payment requested etc.
Hope this helps.

1 May 2010 Linda Betty No e mail address posted
*Hardship story ,*Claimed new on computers* No credit card available* request check to be used as payment.

2 May 2010 Linda Smith No e mail address posted
*Claimed new on computers*No credit card available* Check to be used as payment.

3 May 2010 Gordon Feinblatt Legitimate law firm. Believe law firm notified that there name was used by scammer. No e mail address posted
*Name is bogus as it is the name of a legitimate law firm not a named individual.
* Large order gold I pods (20 requested)

4 01 October 2010 Johnson Mark No e mail address posted. IP Nigerian
*States is a freelance photographer *Money order payment method requested *Poor grammar used in text

5 13 October 2010 Susan Smith No e mail address posted
*Claimed to be single mother* hardship story*Check to be used as payment.

6 14 October 2010 Kelly Smith No e mail address posted
*Manager, freelance model agency*Money order payment requested

7 14 October 2010 Kelly Smith No e mail address posted
*Stated payment sent out and was over payment*Looking for differential reimbursement

8 14 November 2010 Laurie McGinnis Different name at the bottom of the email Cole.Wendy (Assistant Personnel Manager) EKAN MODEL MANAGEMENT No e mail address posted
*Different name at the bottom of the email Cole.Wendy
(Assistant Personnel Manager) EKAN MODEL MANAGEMENTStates from Wiscosin visiting the state where the Avon rep lives.
*Paper payment only available to process no credit card.

9 16 November 2010 Laurie McGinnis No e mail address posted
*Contacted rep in New York who spotted this and replied to address and informed them it was suspicious

10 22 November 2010 Joy. Amy No e mail address posted
*(Assistant Personnel Manager) EKAN MODEL MANAGEMENT"* Money order payment requested *Hurried order as was for an event

11 26 November 2010 Susan joseph No e mail address posted
*No credit card available*Computer illiterate

12 29 November 2010 Emmanuel Morrison Representative's office of WFWO No e mail address posted
*Up and coming important event, large order for coworkers. *Poor grammar used in email

13 14 December 2010 Susan Joseph No e mail address posted *Used real check but it was stolen

14 06 January 2011 Joy Williams No e mail address posted
*New on computer*No credit card*States she was a retail buyer

15 13 January 2011 Micheal Whitley No e mail address posted
*Poor grammar*Large order*Previously ID as suspect by rep.

16 14 January 2011 Emmanuel Morrison Representative's office of WFWO No e mail address posted
*Large order*Important upcoming event*Hurried order

17 25 January 2011 Estella Jurkovich estellajurkovich72@yahoo.ca.
*States is manager of a freelance model group from Milwaukee*Money order payment requested

18 04 February 2011 Xiomara Santana No e mail address posted
*Over payment given and asked for funds returned via Western Union money transfer*Hardship story mentioned baby*Incorrect Zip code used on e mail

19 23 February 2011 Estella. No e mail address posted
*Money order payment to be used

20 26 February 2011 Renee No e mail address posted
*No credit card*check only payment available

21 01 February 2011 Estella Jurkovich No e mail address posted
*Rep recognized name*Order details inconsistent

22 02 Mar 2011 Estella Jurkovich No e mail address posted
*States is manager of a freelance model group from Milwaukee.
*Money order payment. Sent high value check for low order and demanded check be cashed for refund

23 09 Mar 2011 Lynn Adams No e mail address posted
*Check payment requested*Inconsistent story

24 21 Mar 2011 Estella Jurkovich No e mail address posted
*Rep asked e mail sender to send her details. No reply.

25 22 Mar 2011 Joan No e mail address posted
*Wanted rep to organize forward shipping*Payment process suspect

26 03 April 2011 Sandra Bryan No e mail address posted
*(Assistant Personnel Manager)
Stewart Talent Elite Model Management 58 West Huron Street
*Large order*Check payment*Rep googled agency and identified no connection between sender and the agency

27 04 April 2011 Sandra Bryan No e mail address posted
*Assistant Personnel Manager Stewart Talent Elite Model Management
58 West Huron Street Chicago, IL 60654, United States
*Large order*Check payment*Rep googled agency and identified no connection between sender and the agency

28 06 April 2011 April No e mail address posted
*Stated coming over to state for a conference.
*Order requested was virtually identical to Sandra Bryan order.
*Definite link between the two e mails.
*Check payment requested

29 08 April 2011 JulietTLW Modeling & Promotions from Chicago, IL. No e mail address posted
*Large order*Payment to be check or money transfer.
*Over payment follow up e mail and request payment goes to
Name: Estella Jurkovich
Address: 118 Twin Oaks Drive City: Joliet State: ILZipcode: 60435.
*Commonly used name

30 11 April 2011 Davied Villa No e mail address posted
*Large order placed*counterfeit check*Info awaited by rep.

31 12 April 2011 Margaret MackManager of the TLW Modeling & Promotions from Chicago, IL. No e mail address posted
*Large order*Money order payment*Model agency name used previously.

32 12 April 2011 William Momenee No e mail address posted
*Requested west union payment transfer*Rep Identified issues with this person

33 18 April 2011 Mary Peeples marypplleess01@gmail.com
*States manager of TLW Modeling & Promotions from Chicago, IL.
*Large order*money order payment*Model agency name used previously.

34 19 April 2011 Sandra Donald sandra.donald49@yahoo.com
*Attending state for a show*Payment by cashier check

35 19 April 2011 Juliet julietdonna52@yahoo.com
* Manager of the TLW Modeling & Promotions from Chicago, IL.
*This is a regular feature company name*Check payment to be sent.

36 20 April 2011 Mary Peeples No e mail address posted but previously used marypplleess01@gmail.com
*States manager of TLW Modeling & Promotions from Chicago, IL.
*Large order placed*Money order payment*Model agency name used previously.

37 21 April 2011 Juliet No e mail address posted but previously used julietdonna52@yahoo.com
*Manager of the TLW Modeling & Promotions from Chicago, IL.
*This is a regular feature company name.
*Check payment to be sent.

38 21 April 2011 Sarah Porwoll No e mail address posted
*Identical order to the name above

39 25 April 2011 Sarah Porwoll No e mail address posted
*No details but transaction stopped

40 25 April 2011 Sarah Porwoll No e mail address posted
*No details but transaction stopped

41 27 April 2011 Sarah Porwoll No e mail address posted

42 29 April 2011 Lynn wood lynnwood70@yahoo.com

43 30 April 2011 Janel Garza janelgagdarzas01@gmail.com

44 01 May 2011 Mary Peeples No e mail address posted
previously used marypplleess01@gmail.com

45 02 May 2011 Sarah Porwoll No e mail address posted

46 03 May 2011 Janel Garza No e mail address posted
previously used janelgagdarzas01@gmail.com

47 03 May 2011 April No e mail address posted
*Stated coming over to state for a conference* Check payment was promised

48 07 May 2011 Lynn wood lynnwood70@yahoo.com
*No details but no fraud committed*Rep aware of scam

49 11 May 2011 Mary Pepples marryppleess01@gmail.com.
*Premier Model & Talent in Chicago, IL.
*Previously on e mail scam as linked to TLW Model agency.
*Request payment with check

50 15 May 2011 Kimberly grace_smith7777@yahoo.com
*Order placed with genuine check*Likely stolen

51 18 May 2011 Christ Walker No e mail address posted
*Stated in the UK
*No credit card but will pay by money order or check

52 19 May 2011 Paul Amanda pualamanda44@yahoo.com
*Intelligence from a rep re suspicious names and order
*Prefix e mail “ I want to order products”

53 19 May 2011 Jessica Armstrong armstrong.jessica48@yahoo.com
*Intelligence from a rep re suspicious names and order.

54 19 May 2011 Stanley webber smweembam4real@yahoo.com

55 19 May 2011 Renee Walker reneewalker707@yahoo.com

56 20 May 2011 Lynn Woods lynnwood51@yahoo.com
*Check payment to be sent

57 20 May 2011 Sarah Porwoll powolsarah2@yahoo.com

58 25 May 2011 Lynn Woods No e mail address posted
previously used lynnwood51@yahoo.com

59 03 Jun 2011 Tiffany Romanik. No e mail address posted
*his is a regular feature company name.

60 03 Jun 2011 Tiffany Romanik. No e mail address posted

61 08 Jun 2011 Susan Young No e mail address posted
*Wanted rep to organize shipping of goods via USPS

62 09 Jun 2011 Tiffany Romanik. No e mail address posted
*States that check is more secure than credit card to pay.

63 09 Jun 2011 Lynn ( no surname posted likely Lynn Woods No e mail address posted previously used lynnwood51@yahoo.com

Unregistered

EMAIL SCAM FOR AVON REPS
I received the exact same email from

Tiffany Romanik (tiffanyroma6@yahoo.com)

SKIN CARE:

FRAGRANCE:

MAKE UP:

HAIR CARE:

BATH & BODY:

Thank you and God bless,
Tiffany Romanik.

MY DISTRICT REP HAD SENT OUT A SCAM ALERT A FEW WEEKS BACK SO I WAS AWARE THAT THIS WAS A SCAM. But here is another name to add to the list of scammers.
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Next

Return to Scam archive.