Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scammer(s) using rentreporters.com

Information from the FraudWatchers forum.

Scammer(s) using rentreporters.com

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:26 am

RENTREPORTERS / Rental Scam
David Yurdan

Hey,

Thank you for your interest in my apartment located in 234 Rideau St, Ottawa, ON K1N, Canada. The apartment is in excellent condition and it's just like in the pictures, very clean and very well taken. Honestly from point of view I'm sure that you will rent it on spot. I'm not looking to make a business or a profit with the apartment, I'm just trying to find a good and trust person to take good care of the place. The apartment has 1 bedroom+den and 1 bathroom. It is furnished but if you want you can use your furniture and deposit mine in the storage unit that is located near the building not far away. The rent is 770 CAD/month with everything included (heat, hydro, water, electricity, cable and internet-full package, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer). You will have full access to all the amenities of the building. Pets are allowed. I stayed in the apartment with my wife for 3 months. I'm a civil engineer and I work for a company that has an auction for a project in construction in London, United Kingdom, so my accommodation period in England will be about 4 years. Everything in the apartment is new so there will be no need for repairs.

Thank you and look forward hearing from you!
David

PS : I attached you all the pictures that I have with the apartment ( as you can see everything is in absolutely perfect condition ) .

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 770CAD and damage deposit 770CAD ( last month) with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the amenities of the building. The price will not increase for the whole period that you will stay there. I would also like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also which rental contract do you prefer- 6 months or 1 year rental contract with option of renewal. The monthly payments can be wired to my Canadian Bank Account (TD Bank) or we can setup a payment method that is suitable for both of us.

The apartment is in excellent condition, you only need to receive the keys and the contract so you could check it out, and see if you like it. Since at this moment I'm in London, United Kingdom and obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal.The solution is a worldwide third party company called RENTREPORTERS (http://www.rentreporters.com) ,they will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the rental package

We use this company to see that you are an trusting and serious person. They will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the rental package . With this procedure you will be able to check the apartment before I receive the payment. Please be aware that is NOT necessary for you to register with RentReporters given that I'm a registered user for 4 years and I've made over 30 transactions with them so far. They are really professional and they have great services.

My phone number is +44 203 289 2240 (if you are calling from Canada you need to dial 011 44 203 289 2240). You can call me or e-mail anytime you wish.

Let me know if you are interested so I can provide with all the steps of this transaction . You need to know everything about this process before we get this started. I think is right for both of us.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!
davidyurlan@aol.com

preston

Scammer Using http://www.rentreporters.com / Fake Rental Scam
the person doing this is still at it but has changed the website to (http://www.rentreporters.com)

and his email on craigslist Vancouver rreddy111@hotmail.com

the listing is for an appartment in burnaby for $850

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bn...925197847.html

hope this person gets caught and i am reporting them

Calgary_Bust

Another email...
This one is for Calgary under the name Michael Brisson... Anyone else find it ironic he states in his first email: "I really respect hard earned money". I have reported him to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 900CAD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).
The monthly payments can be wired to my Bank Account (TD Bank) or we can setup a payment method that is suitable for both of us. The apartment is in excellent condition, you only need to receive the keys and the contract so you can check the place. The apartment is perfect and I am 100% sure that you will keep it. Since I'm in London, United Kingdom obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal. The solution which can be used is to use a wolrdwide third party company called RentReporters (http://www.rentreporters.com), They will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the rental package. With their RentReporters Safe Exchange service you will be able to check the apartment before I receive the payment. Please be aware that is NOT necessary for you to register with RentReporters Safe Exchange given because I'm a registered user for 4 years and I've made over 30 transactions with them.
They are really professional and they have great services.

My phone number is +4420 3290 9954 (if you are calling from Canada or United States you need to dial 011-44-20-3290 9954). You can call me or e-mail any time you wish.
Let me know if you are interested so I can provide with all the steps of this transaction, everything that you need to know about this process before we get this started. I think is right for both of us.

-----Original Message-----
To: michael_brisson <michael_brisson@aol.com>
Sent: Mon, Jul 22, 2013 8:02 am
Subject: RE: Apt for Rent

Good evening,

Everything sounds almost too good to be true! I am definitely still very interested in renting the unit. A little about myself, I am married and relocating to Calgary from the Toronto area for a graduate job offer with a company called EMCO in their project management program, quite excited for the opportunity. We are very tidy, clean and respectful of all residences we've lived in in the past, enjoy cooking dinners in and relaxing in. We do own a cat and one vehicle, however, my spouse is a sommelier in training and will hopefully be working in a fine dining restaurant downtown, do you have any favourites? Also, we do have our own furniture, however, we may put ours into storage.

When is the apartment available from? What kind of paperwork, etc. do you require from my end? If you would like to call me, I am available tomorrow (Monday) evening and Tuesday during the day so we can discuss the finer details. My cell phone number is <removed>

Thank you very much for your detailed response below, anything you need from me I will be more than happy to give you. Look forward to hearing back!

Mike Megraw

Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 18:02:05 +0300
Subject: Apt for Rent
To: <removed>

Hello,

The apartment located in 1410 1 Street Southeast, Calgary, AB T2G 5T7 is still available. As you can see from the pictures is in excellent condition, very clean and very well kept. Is the first time I'm renting this apartment and I'm trying to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. The apartment has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. You can use my furniture if you want and everything from the apartment otherwise you can deposit it in the storage unit that is near the building not far away. Of course I will cover the costs for movers. The apartment rent is 900CAD/month with everything included-all the utilites (heat, hydro, water, electricy, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet- full package paid for 1 year in advance). You also have full access to all the building amenities (sauna, pool, fitness room, gym, party room, restaurants, visitor parking). Everything in the apartment is new or renovated so there is no need for repairs but just in case I will cover the costs.

Note that the apartment is a private property, already paid in full and NO mortgage on it. The surrounding area is great. Schools and groceries near-by. I'm sure you will have everything that you need there because is one of the most important areas in the city. Pets and children are allowed in the building. Now about me: I'm a structural engineer and I work for MWH Global Engineering, I'm 45 years old, married with 2 children. I worked hard to have a good career and I really respect hard earned money. The company I work for they have projects all around the world so most of my time I'm traveling. The apartment will be available for the next 6 years for sure. I want to rent the place on my own because it's a private property therefore I need to send you the keys and the papers. I'm sure we can find a way for both of us to be satisfied.

Best regards,
Michael

Smellycat

David Pratts < david_bleonts@aol.com >
Hello,

The apartment located in 6888 Cooney Road, Richmond, BC is still available. As you can see from the pictures is in excellent condition, very clean and very well kept. Is the first time I'm renting this apartment and I'm trying to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. The apartment has 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom. You can use my furniture if you want and everything from the apartment otherwise you can deposit it in the storage unit that is near the building not far away. Of course I will cover the costs for movers. The apartment rent is 650CAD/month with everything included-all the utilites (heat, hydro, water, electricy, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet- full package paid for 1 year in advance). You also have full access to all the building amenities (sauna, pool, fitness room, gym, party room, restaurants, visitor parking). Everything in the apartment is new or renovated so there is no need for repairs but just in case I will cover the costs.

Note that the apartment is a private property, already paid in full and NO mortgage on it. The surrounding area is great. Schools and groceries near-by. I'm sure you will have everything that you need there because is one of the most important areas in the city. Pets and children are allowed in the building. Now about me: I'm a structural engineer and I work for MWH Global Engineering, I'm 45 years old, married with 2 children. I worked hard to have a good career and I really respect hard earned money. The company I work for they have projects all around the world so most of my time I'm traveling. The apartment will be available for the next 6 years for sure. I want to rent the place on my own because it's a private property therefore I need to send you the keys and the papers. I'm sure we can find a way for both of us to be satisfied.

Best regards,

David

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 650CAD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).
The monthly payments can be wired to my Bank Account (TD Bank) or we can setup a payment method that is suitable for both of us. The apartment is in excellent condition, you only need to receive the keys and the contract so you can check the place. The apartment is perfect and I am 100% sure that you will keep it. Since I'm in London, United Kingdom obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal. The solution which can be used is to use a wolrdwide third party company called RentReporters (http://www.rentreporters.com), They will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the rental package. With their RentReporters Safe Exchange service you will be able to check the apartment before I receive the payment. Please be aware that is NOT necessary for you to register with RentReporters Safe Exchange given because I'm a registered user for 4 years and I've made over 30 transactions with them.

My phone number is +4420 3290 9954 (if you are calling from Canada or United States you need to dial 011-44-20-3290 9954). You can call me or e-mail any time you wish.
Let me know if you are interested so I can provide with all the steps of this transaction, everything that you need to know about this process before we get this started. I think is right for both of us.

Hi again,

You only have to deposit to RentPayment company the first and last month of rent from contract total of 1300CAD so they can proceed with the shipping, and you can receive the rental package (the keys and the documents). I will pay for a 3-4days delivery time so you will receive the keys and the contract signed by me right away. I will explain you step by step how this process will work:

1 - To start the process all I need is your full shipping info (full name, address and your phone number).
2 - I will go to the RentPayment Safe Exchange office to deposit the keys and the contract on your name as the intended receiver.
3 - RentPayment Safe Exchange will check the package to see if everything is in order and also the legal papers that will come along with the keys and proof of ownership with their Real Estate Professional Department in London. They will also confirm with the building manager that I'm the legal owner of the apartment I'm renting to you.
4 - RentPayment Safe Exchange will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the keys and the papers in their custody. They will also send you all the payment instructions to complete the rental transaction.
5 - You must send a money deposit on the RentPayment Safe Exchange Agent Name for the amount we agreed (for the first month of rent & damage deposit). The payment needs to be sent within 24 hours after you receive the transaction details or else they will charge me an additional fee.
6 - After you make the deposit you must send the payment details to RentPayment Safe Exchange.
7 - RentPayment Safe Exchange will verify the money transfer and if everything is in order they will start the shipping procedures using UPS or TNT Next Day Shipping Service.
8 - After you receive the package, you must go to check the apartment and in 5 days (inspection time) you must contact RentPayment Safe Exchange to inform them if you keep the apt or not. If everything is in order RentPayment will forward the funds to me. If you don`t want to keep the apartment you will receive a full refund in the final inspection time in cash from the agent who will come to your place to sign the rental contract.
Please note that RentPayment Safe Exchange will not release the funds to me without your approval.

Let me know if you have the funds available (1300CAD) so we can move forward and e-mail me your details (full name, address, phone #).
For any questions regarding the transaction you can contact me or send me your phone number and I will call you.

Regards

You don`t have to be worried about your money because they are 100% protected . I`ve used RentReporters Safe Exchange several times in the past as a buyer and all was in order they have great services. I can access the funds just after RentReporters Safe Exchange have your final answer about the transaction. If u refuse to keep the apt you will receive a full refund from them...
RentReporters Safe Exchange will contact you by email with the transaction method too so you can be sure that we are using a legal shipping company and all is in order....

Thanks

Vyronn

Apt for Rent
Hi again,

You only have to deposit to RentReporters company the first and last month of rent from contract total of 1820CAD so they can proceed with the shipping, and you can receive the rental package (the keys and the documents). I will pay for a 3-4days delivery time so you will receive the keys and the contract signed by me right away. I will explain you step by step how this process will work:

1 - To start the process all I need is your full shipping info (full name, address and your phone number).
2 - I will go to the RentReporters Safe Exchange office to deposit the keys and the contract on your name as the intended receiver.
3 - RentReporters Safe Exchange will check the package to see if everything is in order and also the legal papers that will come along with the keys and proof of ownership with their Real Estate Professional Department in London. They will also confirm with the building manager that I'm the legal owner of the apartment I'm renting to you.
4 - RentReporters Safe Exchange will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the keys and the papers in their custody. They will also send you all the payment instructions to complete the rental transaction.
5 - You must send a money deposit on the RentReporters Safe Exchange Agent Name for the amount we agreed (for the first month of rent & damage deposit). The payment needs to be sent within 24 hours after you receive the transaction details or else they will charge me an additional fee.
6 - After you make the deposit you must send the payment details to RentReporters Safe Exchange.
7 - RentReporters Safe Exchange will verify the money transfer and if everything is in order they will start the shipping procedures using UPS or TNT Next Day Shipping Service.
8 - After you receive the package, you must go to check the apartment and in 5 days (inspection time) you must contact RentReporters Safe Exchange to inform them if you keep the apt or not. If everything is in order RentReporters will forward the funds to me. If you don`t want to keep the apartment you will receive a full refund in the final inspection time in cash from the agent who will come to your place to sign the rental contract.
Please note that RentReporters Safe Exchange will not release the funds to me without your approval.

Let me know if you have the funds available (1820CAD) so we can move forward and e-mail me your details (full name, address, phone #).
For any questions regarding the transaction you can contact me or send me your phone number and I will call you.

Regards
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Re: Scammer(s) using rentreporters.com

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:31 am

No Victim Here

Rental Scammer advertising property in Langley, BC on Craigslist
The same scammer mentioned above has posted a similar property in Langley, BC on July 24 2013. I just happened to have a friend who lived in the building mentioned, and asked them if they knew about the suite for rent, as the ad seemed "too good to be true". My friend advised that the going rental rate (even though the properties are all privately owned) is significantly higher than the scammer's advertised rate.

I received emails exactly as above (word for word, save for contact details and work info), stating that I should use the RentReporters Safe Exchange service to wire him the money for deposit and rent, and that he would then send the keys and paperwork for me to begin my occupancy, etc, etc.

I thought I'd provide additional details on this person so that others can be aware as well. DO NOT - under ANY circumstances - wire money to a so-called landlord for a property you haven't seen in person or that you've had the opportunity to inspect yourself. Legitimate landlords/owners/agents do not operate this way.

Anyway, the contact details this joker gave me are as follows:

Name: Colin Tuxhorn
Email: colin_tuxhorn@aol.com
Property/ad info: 2BD/2BA condo, 1087 sq ft, all amenities, everything included, including an HDTV package paid for in advance for the next year.
Address is: 22150 48th Ave, Langley BC. (the link to the CL ad has since been removed)
Rent info: Rent amount of $800 (approx $300-$400 less than similar suites in the same building and in the surrounding area)
Phone: +4420 3290 9954 (011 4420 3290 9954)
His details: 45yrs old, married with two kids, lives in the UK currently, but travels abroad regularly, employed as a structural engineer with MWH Global Engineering.

Cheers,

sm604

Another One.. In Abby
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 700CAD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).

To: frank_rainnes < frank_rainnes@aol.com >
Sent: Mon, Jul 29, 2013 9:24 pm
Subject: Re: Apt for Rent

Hi there,

I like the sound of this and would like to rent your suite. Can you please provide me with a phone number that I am able to speak to you on?

Thank you,

S

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Frank Rainnes < frank_rainnes@aol.com > wrote:

Hello,

The apartment located in 33065 Mill Lake Road, Abbotsford, BC V2S 8E6 is still available. As you can see from the pictures is in excellent condition, very clean and very well kept. Is the first time I'm renting this apartment and I'm trying to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. The apartment has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. You can use my furniture if you want and everything from the apartment otherwise you can deposit it in the storage unit that is near the building not far away. Of course I will cover the costs for movers. The apartment rent is 700CAD/month with everything included-all the utilites (heat, hydro, water, electricy, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet- full package paid for 1 year in advance). You also have full access to all the building amenities (sauna, pool, fitness room, gym, party room, restaurants, visitor parking). Everything in the apartment is new or renovated so there is no need for repairs but just in case I will cover the costs.

Best regards,

Frank

SGM

Rental scam in W. Van
Same Craigslist ad as previously reported except in W. Van this time @ 2203 Bellevue - 2 bdrm, 2 bath condo for $1250 (1/2 to 1/3 of going rate) with everything included: see the stream of emails below. Using name of James Tantillo from London, UK:

Sent: August 1, 2013 7:31 AM
To: Subject: Re: Apt for Rent

Hi again,
You only have to deposit to RentReporters company the first and last month of rent from contract total of 2500CAD so they can proceed with the shipping, and you can receive the rental package (the keys and the documents). I will pay for a 3-4days delivery time so you will receive the keys and the contract signed by me right away. I will explain you step by step how this process will work:

2 - I will go to the RentReporters Safe Exchange office to deposit the keys and the contract on your name as the intended receiver.
3 - RentReporters Safe Exchange will check the package to see if everything is in order and also the legal papers that will come along with the keys and proof of ownership with their Real Estate Professional Department in London. They will also confirm with the building manager that I'm the legal owner of the apartment I'm renting to you.
4 - RentReporters Safe Exchange will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the keys and the papers in their custody. They will also send you all the payment instructions to complete the rental transaction.
5 - You must send a money deposit on the RentReporters Safe Exchange Agent Name for the amount we agreed (for the first month of rent & damage deposit). The payment needs to be sent within 24 hours after you receive the transaction details or else they will charge me an additional fee.
6 - After you make the deposit you must send the payment details to RentReporters Safe Exchange.
7 - RentReporters Safe Exchange will verify the money transfer and if everything is in order they will start the shipping procedures using UPS or TNT Next Day Shipping Service.
8 - After you receive the package, you must go to check the apartment and in 5 days (inspection time) you must contact RentReporters Safe Exchange to inform them if you keep the apt or not. If everything is in order RentReporters will forward the funds to me. If you don`t want to keep the apartment you will receive a full refund in the final inspection time in cash from the agent who will come to your place to sign the rental contract.

Please note that RentReporters Safe Exchange will not release the funds to me without your approval.

Let me know if you have the funds available (2500CAD) so we can move forward and e-mail me your details (full name, address, phone #).

Regards
P.S.: I'm fine with the move-in date as soon as we start the transaction now and you can deposit the funds for the 1st month of rent from contract (October 2013) so I can be sure that you will rent the apartment. I'm sure you understand. You can paint the place.

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Apt for Rent
Hello, The apartment located in 2203 BELLEVUE AVENUE, DUNDARAVE, WEST VANCOUVER, BC V7V 4V7 is still available. As you can see from the pictures is in excellent condition, very clean and very well kept. Is the first time I'm renting this apartment and I'm trying to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. The apartment has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. You can use my furniture if you want and everything from the apartment otherwise you can deposit it in the storage unit that is near the building not far away. Of course I will cover the costs for movers. The apartment rent is 1250CAD/month with everything included-all the utilites (heat, hydro, water, electricy, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet- full package paid for 1 year in advance). You also have full access to all the building amenities (sauna, pool, fitness room, gym, party room, restaurants, visitor parking). Everything in the apartment is new or renovated so there is no need for repairs but just in case I will cover the costs. Note that the apartment is a private property, already paid in full and NO mortgage on it. The surrounding area is great. Schools and groceries near-by. I'm sure you will have everything that you need there because is one of the most important areas in the city. Pets and children are allowed in the building. Now about me: I'm a structural engineer and I work for MWH Global Engineering, I'm 45 years old, married with 2 children. I worked hard to have a good career and I really respect hard earned money. The company I work for they have projects all around the world so most of my time I'm traveling. The apartment will be available for the next 6 years for sure. I want to rent the place on my own because it's a private property therefore I need to send you the keys and the papers. I'm sure we can find a way for both of us to be satisfied.

Best regards,

James
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:39 am

Exclamation Also "Palace Place Luxury Living by the Lake
I received the communication below today, as you can see it is almost identical to the Michael Brisson email - the phone numbers are identical. This scammer claims to be in London UK and also proposes using RentReporters Safe Exchange.

I have reported this email exchange to the RCMP's Canadian Anti-fraud Centre and to Trovit where I found the ad. I was suspicious because the price is under market enough to make one wonder...

This is the ad I responded to so beware:

http://property.trovit.ca/index.php/...n_type.1/pop.1

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Ryley Dreger < ryley_dreger@aol.com > wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 1340CAD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).

Erex90

2 in Calgary, Ab
This seems to be a very popular email ...
110 7 ST SW, CALGARY AB
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 825CAD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).

Joseph Chand

502, 4 - 14TH STREET, CALGARY AB
Hello!

Thanks for your email and interest in the property. I personally own the property and also want you to know that it was due to my transfer that made me and my wife to leave the property and also want to give it out for rent and looking for a responsible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean at all time and the person that will rent it to take it as if it were its own. So for now, We are here in , United State in our new house and also with the keys and documents of the house, we try to look for an agent that we can give this documents before we left but could not see and we are as well as don't want our property to be used any how in our absence that is why we took it along with us. I and my wife came over to United State for a missionary work, so i hope you will promise us to take very good care of the house. kindly get back to me on how you could take care of our house or perhaps experience you have in renting home. The rent fee is included all the utilities , no extra fee for parking, and you can rent it unfurnished.. there are sporting Equipment. I am looking forward to hear from you ASAP so that i can forward you an application form to fill out and discuss on how to get the property for rent.

Thanks.
Bobby

Another one

ronald_lindo@aol.com

The apartment located in 1600 South Prairie Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60616 is still available. As you can see from the pictures is in excellent condition, very clean and very well kept. Is the first time I'm renting this apartment and I'm trying to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. The apartment has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. You can use my furniture if you want and everything from the apartment otherwise you can deposit it in the storage unit that is near the building not far away. Of course I will cover the costs for movers. The apartment rent is 1220CAD/month with everything included-all the utilites (heat, hydro, water, electricy, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet- full package paid for 1 year in advance). You also have full access to all the building amenities (sauna, pool, fitness room, gym, party room, restaurants, visitor parking). Everything in the apartment is new or renovated so there is no need for repairs but just in case I will cover the costs.

Best regards,

Ronald

The apartment located in 1600 South Prairie Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60616 is still available. As you can see from the pictures is in excellent condition, very clean and very well kept. Is the first time I'm renting this apartment and I'm trying to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. The apartment has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. You can use my furniture if you want and everything from the apartment otherwise you can deposit it in the storage unit that is near the building not far away. Of course I will cover the costs for movers. The apartment rent is 1220CAD/month with everything included-all the utilites (heat, hydro, water, electricy, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet- full package paid for 1 year in advance). You also have full access to all the building amenities (sauna, pool, fitness room, gym, party room, restaurants, visitor parking). Everything in the apartment is new or renovated so there is no need for repairs but just in case I will cover the costs.

Best regards,

Ronald

BlueJayzzzz

NEW EMAIL FROM THIS SCAM IN LOS ANGELES
tried to scam me in LA: KEVIN_HOLOMAN1@AOL.COM

Not registering

Thumbs down Another one in Calgary
Exact same emails generated on property in Calgary: http://calgary.rentspot.com/details/19028/index.html

He uses the name Joseph Chand < joseph_chand@aol.com >, with the UK phone number listed elsewhere.

Unregistered ##

At least 2 in Vancouver
He uses names COLIN TUXHORN and RUSSELL GORMAN in Vancouver.

"Subject: Re: UsedSurrey.com: Buyers Question - Odyssey Tower! 2 Bedroom PENTHOUSE UNIT! North Surrey
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 17:14:06 -0400

Hello,
The apartment located in 13880 101 Avenue, Surrey, BC V3T 5T1 is still available. As you can see from the pictures is in excellent condition, very clean and very well kept. Is the first time I'm renting this apartment and I'm trying to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. The apartment has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. You can use my furniture if you want and everything from the apartment otherwise you can deposit it in the storage unit that is near the building not far away. Of course I will cover the costs for movers. The apartment rent is 800CAD/month with everything included-all the utilites (heat, hydro, water, electricy, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet- full package paid for 1 year in advance). You also have full access to all the building amenities (sauna, pool, fitness room, gym, party room, restaurants, visitor parking). Everything in the apartment is new or renovated so there is no need for repairs but just in case I will cover the costs.

Best regards,

Russell"

And

"Subject: Re: Murrayville 2 bedroom Completely remodeled Condo!
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 16:32:58 -0400

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 800CAD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!"
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:46 am

Unregistered12345

Now in Pickering
I just started looking for a place and saw his ad. He is still at it I guess, all the wording from other peoples posts are word for word from what he sent me. He did make one mistake. The add said three bedroom but when I emailed him he told me two, then changed it to 2 plus den. Hes now doing a Pickering address. I knew it was two good to be true when he started adding hydro, water, cable and all that.

I have emailed rent reporters and have asked them if they have or do anything as a third party.
This is the last one he sent me with the deposit information.

Re: - $755 / 3br - 1520ft&sup2; - San Francisco By The Bay Townhome The Jackson Model! (1250 St. Martins Dr - PICKERING)‏
Chris Jenkins (chris_jenkins31@aol.com)

Hi again,

You only have to deposit to RentReporters company the first month of rent from contract and damage deposit a total of 1050CAD so they can proceed with the shipping, and you can receive the rental package (the keys and the documents). I will pay for a 3-4days delivery time so you will receive the keys and the contract signed by me right away. I will explain you step by step how this process will work:

Let me know if you have the funds available (1050CAD) so we can move forward and e-mail me your details (full name, address, phone #).

Regards

Jim_in_Tampa

Tampa, FL Towers of Channelside
I received the same letter, from a person claiming to be Dylan Tushar, living in London after replying to a property listing on Trulio. Fortunately, I found this site to confirm my suspicions. I would post the original, but am on a mobile...

jrojra

Almost fell the Pickering Scam
The scammer's e-mail is

Chris Jenkins < chris_jenkins31@aol.com >

date: Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM
subject: Re: - $755 / 3br - 1520ft&sup2; - San Francisco By The Bay Townhome The Jackson Model! (1250 St. Martins Dr - PICKERING)
mailed-by: aol.com
signed-by: mx.aol.com

He is using the RentReporters.com website.

How can people be so dishonest and take such advantage of people.

Take care,

alvingp

Luxury Condo In Heart Of Scarboroug​h! Superb Recreation Facilities
The apartment located in 8 Lee Centre Dr, Scarborough, ON M1H 3H8 is still available. As you can see from the pictures is in excellent condition, very clean and very well kept. Is the first time I'm renting this apartment and I'm trying to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. The apartment has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. You can use my furniture if you want and everything from the apartment otherwise you can deposit it in the storage unit that is near the building not far away. Of course I will cover the costs for movers. The apartment rent is 820CAD/month with everything included-all the utilites (heat, hydro, water, electricy, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet- full package paid for 1 year in advance). You also have full access to all the building amenities (sauna, pool, fitness room, gym, party room, restaurants, visitor parking). Everything in the apartment is new or renovated so there is no need for repairs but just in case I will cover the costs.
Best regards,
Vincent

alvingp

Luxury Condo In Heart Of Scarboroug​h! Superb Recreation Facilities
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 820CAD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).

The monthly payments can be wired to my Bank Account (TD Bank) or we can setup a payment method that is suitable for both of us. The apartment is in excellent condition, you only need to receive the keys and the contract so you can check the place. The apartment is perfect and I am 100% sure that you will keep it. Since I'm in London, United Kingdom obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal. The solution which can be used is to use a wolrdwide third party company called RentReporters (www.rentreporters.com), They will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the rental package. With their RentReporters Safe Exchange service you will be able to check the apartment before I receive the payment. Please be aware that is NOT necessary for you to register with RentReporters Safe Exchange given because I'm a registered user for 4 years and I've made over 30 transactions with them.

Hi again,

You only have to deposit to RentReporters company the first month of rent from contract and damage deposit a total of 1100CAD so they can proceed with the shipping, and you can receive the rental package (the keys and the documents). I will pay for a 3-4days delivery time so you will receive the keys and the contract signed by me right away. I will explain you step by step how this process will work:

Let me know if you have the funds available (1100CAD) so we can move forward and e-mail me your details (full name, address, phone #).

Regards

this is his email address

Vincent Klassen < vincent_klassen@aol.com >

Look out for this guy
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:56 am

NICETRY

Ad from Craigslist - if its too good to be true...
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 750CAD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).
The monthly payments can be wired to my Bank Account (TD Bank) or we can setup a payment method that is suitable for both of us. The apartment is in excellent condition, you only need to receive the keys and the contract so you can check the place. The apartment is perfect and I am 100% sure that you will keep it. Since I'm in London, United Kingdom obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal. The solution which can be used is to use a wolrdwide third party company called RentReporters (www.rentreporters.com), They will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the rental package. With their RentReporters Safe Exchange service you will be able to check the apartment before I receive the payment. Please be aware that is NOT necessary for you to register with RentReporters Safe Exchange given because I'm a registered user for 4 years and I've made over 30 transactions with them.

BrianEJ

He Strikes Again
Looks like this fellow is a pretty busy guy! Hope no one has actually fallen for it.

He posted -and shortly thereafter- removed a posting titled "$666 / 1br - Beautiful, freshly painted Lower Lonsdale. Gorgeous 2 bedroom (N. Vancouver, B.C., The Solano)" to Craigslist.

The "$666" was my first indication of foul play, but through email he was offering it for $640CAD. My second qualm came from the "1br" and "2 bedroom" discrepancy. Thirdly, the direct email link from the CL ad was knowlton.eric@yahoo.ca; however, the email he used to communicate was derrick_gollner@aol.com . Red flags everywhere.

He claimed to be an Engineer in the UK for MWH Global Engineering named Derrick Gollner. As noted by a previous poster, he "really respect[s] hard earned money". Also, like other people have mentioned, he tried to use "RentReporters Safe Exchange / rentreporters.com" which seems super sketchy to me. His phone number is "+4420 3290 9954" or "011-44-20-3290 9954".

I just find it hard to believe how incredibly daft these people are. If you're going to scam, at least do it right. I found him easily by performing a basic search of a few keywords/phrases that jumped out to me and was quickly directed to this page. It is clear that he simply copies and pastes these scams under different guises. Novice.

Unregistered0001

Still Scamming - now for a unit in Edmonton, AB
Shockingly below the market value for this place (about 50% of the market value). When I emailed to inquire this was the response:

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 910CAD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).

Jen in Edmonton

rent reporters scammer continues
Hi,
iam in Edmonton and got the exact same reply from this person now calling himself John Clelland in London.

The place for rent seemed to good to be true renting at half its worth in downtown 104th St. promenade district for $910CAD. (not likely and with utilities included for a year??)

When I looked up who he "works for" MWH Global Engineering - they don't have an office in London.

Frustrating that these people are getting away with this. DON'T SEND MONEY!

AKA john_clelland@aol.com

AKA chris_jenkins31@aol.com

AKA mike brisbane

AKA russell_gorman@aol.com

AKA colin_tuxhorn@aol.com

Catch This Guy!!!

Same deal in North Vancouver
This is the same guy that I exchanged emails with. Just to let you know he went under the name Derrick Gollner and email address derrick_gollner@aol.com .

I reported him to The Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre so I hope everybody else does so they do something about it.

I would love to meet this guy and see who really does this.

No sucker

Toronto 2bd $1000
He's also using the email

Justin_askew@aol.com

Don't know if he's trying to be cheakey, but I knew something was definitely 'askew' about the post. Got the same responses as everyone else.

aviben

Lightbulb Almost fall for it... what a professional thief. Thank you for the post
$975 / 2br - 1200ft² - Prime Thornhill Location! Lovely 2 Bedroom And Den Steps To Prominade (50 Disera Dr - Vaughan) on craiglist:

using the emails:
Craig Kembel < craig_kembel@aol.com > and stephan_stillwell@yahoo.ca

"Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 975CAD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!"

Kara

Found one.
bill Raysson < bill_raysson@aol.com >

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/yrk/apa/4069909012.html

Hello,

The apartment located in 4600 E Steeles Ave, Markham, ON, Canada is still available. As you can see from the pictures is in excellent condition, very clean and very well kept. Is the first time I'm renting this apartment and I'm trying to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. The apartment has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. You can use my furniture if you want and everything from the apartment otherwise you can deposit it in the storage unit that is near the building not far away. Of course I will cover the costs for movers. The apartment rent is 560CAD/month with everything included-all the utilites (heat, hydro, water, electricy, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet- full package paid for 1 year in advance). You also have full access to all the building amenities (sauna, pool, fitness room, gym, party room, restaurants, visitor parking). Everything in the apartment is new or renovated so there is no need for repairs but just in case I will cover the costs.

Best regards,

Bill

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 560CAD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).

Hi again,

You only have to deposit to RentReporters company the first month of rent from contract and damage deposit a total of 1100CAD so they can proceed with the shipping, and you can receive the rental package (the keys and the documents). I will pay for a 3-4days delivery time so you will receive the keys and the contract signed by me right away. I will explain you step by step how this process will work:

Let me know if you have the funds available (1100CAD) so we can move forward and e-mail me your details (full name, address, phone #).

Regards

Guestokokokok

He's under this email now
knowlton.eric@yahoo.ca
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:10 am

ebarnold

I received the same emails .. word for word... i knew this was too good to be true. He's using this email address as well : thomas_hullber@aol.com . IM HAPPY I DIDNT SEND THIS MAN $1300 for this condo that he's using fake pictures.

He removed the old listing and changed it to this ---->
http://www.trulia.com/property/10746...-30309#photo-1

This **** is ridiculous !

gazody

Scam in Pickering, Ontario
Glad you all have posted about this guy. I recently came across his ad for a condo in Pickering, Ontario (he was going as Peter Bozeman). See below. Watch out for this guy! I hope he gets caught.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 550CAD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).

St Louis Scam

Another one in St. Louis/Clayton
This time using the name and email address Gene Haledon: gene_haledon@aol.com

Exact same messages as the others. Hopefully most people are intelligent to not deposit money online to someone they don't know, before even viewing the advertised property.

Guest99

Damn
He almost had us. It did seem too good to be true. Thank god we found this link.

On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Robert Tolman <robert_tolman@aol.com> wrote:

Hello,

The apartment located in 3300 Meridian Ave N, Seattle WA, 98103 is still available. As you can see from the pictures is in excellent condition, very clean and very well kept. Is the first time I'm renting this apartment and I'm trying to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. The apartment has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. You can use my furniture if you want and everything from the apartment otherwise you can deposit it in the storage unit that is near the building not far away. Of course I will cover the costs for movers. The apartment rent is 1000USD/month with everything included-all the utilites (heat, hydro, water, electricy, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet- full package paid for 1 year in advance). You also have full access to all the building amenities (sauna, pool, fitness room, gym, party room, restaurants, visitor parking). Everything in the apartment is new or renovated so there is no need for repairs but just in case I will cover the costs.

Best regards,

Robert

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 1000USD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).
The monthly payments can be wired to my Bank Account (TD Bank) or we can setup a payment method that is suitable for both of us. The apartment is in excellent condition, you only need to receive the keys and the contract so you can check the place. The apartment is perfect and I am 100% sure that you will keep it. Since I'm in London, United Kingdom obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal. The solution which can be used is to use a wolrdwide third party company called RentReporters (www.rentreporters.com), They will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the rental package. With their RentReporters Safe Exchange service you will be able to check the apartment before I receive the payment. Please be aware that is NOT necessary for you to register with RentReporters Safe Exchange given because I'm a registered user for 4 years and I've made over 30 transactions with them. They are really professional and they have great services.

Damn this guy.

So yeah, robert_tolman@aol.com in this one.

Unregistered 123455

He attempted to scam me with the same information today, posting about a unit in Clayton, MO. He was using the name Gene Haledon.

Gene Haledon < gene_haledon@aol.com >
Re: New message for 8025 Maryland Ave, Saint Louis

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 835USD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).
The monthly payments can be wired to my Bank Account (TD Bank) or we can setup a payment method that is suitable for both of us. The apartment is in excellent condition, you only need to receive the keys and the contract so you can check the place. The apartment is perfect and I am 100% sure that you will keep it. Since I'm in London, United Kingdom obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal. The solution which can be used is to use a wolrdwide third party company called RentReporters (www.rentreporters.com), They will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the rental package. With their RentReporters Safe Exchange service you will be able to check the apartment before I receive the payment. Please be aware that is NOT necessary for you to register with RentReporters Safe Exchange given because I'm a registered user for 4 years and I've made over 30 transactions with them. They are really professional and they have great services.

Gene
_____

What a terrible person!! How could he do this to someone!!

mysteryquest
Support

Originally Posted by Just'aHead'sUp View Post
Yeah, this guy is offering a 2br Penthouse for 750/mth in Brampton Ontario. Such a sad state of affairs. Not sure if it's the same guy, but there's another fake offer on Craigslist in Brampton for a 4br house for 900/mth. How can these people get away with this?

This scammer(s) is in Nigeria or the UK, not in Canada, so it is very difficult for the Canadian authorities to do anything about it because they lack legal jurisdiction. Also, the scammer is using a free email address, a pre-paid (or burner) phone and an alias. He collects payment via Western Union/MoneyGram which requires little of any real identification, so even the authorities in Nigeria or UK wanted to do something about it, they wouldn't even know who to arrest. So, they get away with it, because they can. Read: www.never-wire-money-to-scammers.tk

Craigslist has a warning about scams:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

You can thwart would-be scammers by following these common-sense rules:

DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON—follow this one rule and avoid 99% of scam attempts.
NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM or other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is likely a scammer.
FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON—BANKS WILL HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE when the fake is discovered weeks later.
CRAIGSLIST IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION, and does not handle payments, provide escrow, "buyer protection" or "seller certification."
NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.).
AVOID DEALS INVOLVING SHIPPING OR ESCROW SERVICES and know that ONLY A SCAMMER WILL "GUARANTEE" YOUR TRANSACTION.
DO NOT RENT HOUSING OR PURCHASE GOODS SIGHT-UNSEEN—that amazing rental or cheap item may not exist.
DO NOT SUBMIT TO CREDIT OR BACKGROUND CHECKS until you have met the job interviewer or landlord/agent in person.

It is to be heeded!
www.never-wire-money-to-strangers.tk
www.china-scams.tk
www.scam-telephone-numbers.tk
www.scam-email-addresses.tk
www.fakechecks.org
www.petscams.tk
www.fake-lottery-scams.tk
www.russian-oil-scam.tk
www.west-africa-import-export-scam.tk

Unregistered in PoCo

scammers here in port coquitlam
i just had the same email from Raymond Pullsen raymond_pullsen@aol.com . exactly the same words and replies.

he was advertising this apartment on 2483 Wilson Ave in Port Coquitlam, BC.

i have already talked to the guy, given my particulars and waiting for his next instructions.

until my friend told me about these scammers using rent reporters as a means of third party liaison.

i already have these "too good to be true" instinct... and gladly read this forum given to me by my friend.

Samfye

Too good to be true
So just had the same email interactions... It sucks cause its the exact area and even the idling I wanted... Figured it was too good to be true it's about 300 under the average area price. I hate people like this... GD scammers.....

Hello,
* * Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 700CAD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).*
The monthly payments can be wired to my Bank Account (TD Bank) or we can setup a payment method that is suitable for both of us. The apartment is in excellent condition, you only need to receive the keys and the contract so you can check the place. The apartment is perfect and I am 100% sure that you will keep it. Since I'm in London, United Kingdom obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal. The solution which can be used is to use a wolrdwide third party company called RentReporters (www.rentreporters.com), They will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the rental package. With their RentReporters Safe Exchange service you will be able to check the apartment before I receive the payment. Please be aware that is NOT necessary for you to register with RentReporters Safe Exchange given because I'm a registered user for 4 years and I've made over 30 transactions with them. They are really professional and they have great services.*
My phone number is +4420 3290 9954 (if you are calling from Canada or United States you need to dial 011-44-20-3290 9954). You can call me or e-mail any time you wish.*

On 2013-10-11, at 3:17 AM, "Raymond Pullsen" < raymond_pullsen@aol.com > wrote:

Hello,

*** The apartment located in 2484 Wilson Ave, RPort Coquitlam, BC V3C 0A5 is still available. As you can see from the pictures is in excellent condition, very clean and very well kept. Is the first time I'm renting this apartment and I'm trying to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. The apartment has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. You can use my furniture if you want and everything from the apartment otherwise you can deposit it in the storage unit that is near the building not far away. Of course I will cover the costs for movers. The apartment rent is 700CAD/month with everything included-all the utilites (heat, hydro, water, electricy, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet- full package paid for 1 year in advance). You also have full access to all the building amenities (sauna, pool, fitness room, gym, party room, restaurants, visitor parking). Everything in the apartment is new or renovated so there is no need for repairs but just in case I will cover the costs.

Note that the apartment is a private property, already paid in full and NO mortgage on it.* The surrounding area is great. Schools and groceries near-by. I'm sure you will have everything that you need there because is one of the most important areas in the city. Pets and children are allowed in the building. Now about me: I'm a structural engineer and I work for MWH Global Engineering, I'm 45 years old, married with 2 children. I worked hard to have a good career and I really respect hard earned money. The company I work for they have projects all around the world so most of my time I'm traveling. The apartment will be available for the next 6 years for sure. I want to rent the place on my own because it's a private property therefore I need to send you the keys and the papers. I'm sure we can find a way for both of us to be satisfied.

Best regards,

Raymond

Melanee

He's Scamming in Kitchener, Ontario too
I just heard from the "Tim Herrsen," tim_herrsen@aol.com, who had the same scam for me.

"Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 700CAD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).

My phone number is +4420 3286 5620 (if you are calling from Canada or United States you need to dial 011-44-20-3286 5620). You can call me or e-mail any time you wish.

Let me know if you are interested so I can provide with all the steps of this transaction, everything that you need to know about this process before we get this started. I think is right for both of us."

Yeah, perfect place, perfect location, perfect price...thought it was too good to be true and it was. I feel so stupid now, telling him, "I have often passed by this building and wished that we could live there." I hope he gets what he deserves soon, stomping on people's hopes like that and then ripping them off!

NetWraith

And yet another one, New Westminster, BC
He's still at it, received emails very similar to those posted above.

Address: 675 Park Crescent, New Westminster, BC V3L 5W4
Asking Price: $700/Month, $700 Security deposit (generally not how it's done here.)
Fully furnished condo, utils, pre-paid year of internet and cable, access to complex amenities, etc, etc etc. Should be 2-3 times what he's asking.

He's supposed to be in London, working for MWH Global Engineering.
Email address is Paul_witman@aol.com
Contact Phone #+4420 3286 5620 (if you are calling from Canada or United States you need to dial 011-44-20-3286 5620)

I will be reporting him to the Canadian Fraud center of the RCMP.

Scammers!

reallymad

Rent Reporters - Taylor Crawford
We recently saw an ad on craigslist for a GORGEOUS 2 bedroom condo in Burnaby BC Canada. This man named Taylor Crawford sent us literally the EXACT same email word for word

" Now about me: I'm a structural engineer and I work for MWH Global Engineering, I'm 45 years old, married with 2 children. I worked hard to have a good career and I really respect hard earned money. The company I work for they have projects all around the world so most of my time I'm traveling." Even said he is in the UK as well.

Same phone number, same everything.

This guy needs some new moves, seriously.

UGGGGGGGGh

Another Scam by The same person in Abbotsford BC
( the email he is going by is johnny_bland@aol.com)
1.) Hello,

The apartment located in 32330 S Fraser Way, Abbotsford, BC V2T 1X1 is still available. As you can see from the pictures is in excellent condition, very clean and very well kept. Is the first time I'm renting this apartment and I'm trying to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. The apartment has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. You can use my furniture if you want and everything from the apartment otherwise you can deposit it in the storage unit that is near the building not far away. Of course I will cover the costs for movers. The apartment rent is 600CAD/month with everything included-all the utilites (heat, hydro, water, electricy, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet- full package paid for 1 year in advance). You also have full access to all the building amenities (sauna, pool, fitness room, gym, party room, restaurants, visitor parking). Everything in the apartment is new or renovated so there is no need for repairs but just in case I will cover the costs.

Best regards,

Johnny

2.) Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 600CAD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).
My phone number is +4420 3286 5620 (if you are calling from Canada or United States you need to dial 011-44-20-3286 5620). You can call me or e-mail any time you wish.

3.) Hi again,

Regards

( my fiance and i contacted this man about a 2 br 2 bath appartment in abbotsford that he had listed on craigslist. i had a hunch so i started looking into the work name he gave me and the company he wanted me to give 1100 dollars to in order to pay the rent.He even had the nerve to call me and have a conversation with my fiance and myself. I cannot believe we almost fell for this. I am so unbelievably happy that i found this site and was able to put a stop to things before it was too late. What a joke!)
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:26 am

LJC

SCAMMER!!! gene_baird@aol.com
If it feels like it's too good to be true, it probably is!
I got the same emails from Gene Baird...

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 1100CAD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).
The monthly payments can be wired to my Bank Account (TD Bank) or we can setup a payment method that is suitable for both of us. The apartment is in excellent condition, you only need to receive the keys and the contract so you can check the place. The apartment is perfect and I am 100% sure that you will keep it. Since I'm in London, United Kingdom obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal. The solution which can be used is to use a wolrdwide third party company called RentReporters (http://www.rentreporters.com), They will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the rental package. With their RentReporters Safe Exchange service you will be able to check the apartment before I receive the payment. Please be aware that is NOT necessary for you to register with RentReporters Safe Exchange given because I'm a registered user for 4 years and I've made over 30 transactions with them. They are really professional and they have great services.

Saved by the forum

RentReporters Scam
I encountered the same email scam recently in Ontario. Thank god I saw this forum or I might have been a victim. Exactly the same worded email for an apartment in Milton.

This one went by the name of Thomas Grant email is thomas_grant@aol.com

Hopefully someone stops this creep

aNNON

Scam Alert for Burnaby,BC.
The man goes by Rick Grayston, he advertises a 'Prime location condo, in Metrotown."
His email is Rick_Grayston@aol.com
He uses UK phone numbers, and a website from the USA.
Nothing British Columbia wise.

The e-mails he sends out are as follows.

Hello,

The apartment located in 4880 Bennett Street, Burnaby, BC V5H 0C1 is still available. As you can see from the pictures is in excellent condition, very clean and very well kept. Is the first time I'm renting this apartment and I'm trying to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. The apartment has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. You can use my furniture if you want and everything from the apartment otherwise you can deposit it in the storage unit that is near the building not far away. Of course I will cover the costs for movers. The apartment rent is 930CAD/month with everything included-all the utilites (heat, hydro, water, electricy, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet- full package paid for 1 year in advance). You also have full access to all the building amenities (sauna, pool, fitness room, gym, party room, restaurants, visitor parking). Everything in the apartment is new or renovated so there is no need for repairs but just in case I will cover the costs.

Best regards,

Rick

Than proceeds to contradict himself, to get me to sign up to this website, that does not even have someone you can speak to on a 24 hour help line. http://www.rentreporters.com/

He also proclaims you do not have to join. You do.

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 930CAD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).
The monthly payments can be wired to my Bank Account (TD Bank) or we can setup a payment method that is suitable for both of us. The apartment is in excellent condition, you only need to receive the keys and the contract so you can check the place. The apartment is perfect and I am 100% sure that you will keep it. Since I'm in London, United Kingdom obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal. The solution which can be used is to use a wolrdwide third party company called RentReporters (http://www.rentreporters.com), They will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the rental package. With their RentReporters Safe Exchange service you will be able to check the apartment before I receive the payment. Please be aware that is NOT necessary for you to register with RentReporters Safe Exchange given because I'm a registered user for 4 years and I've made over 30 transactions with them. They are really professional and they have great services.

As you can see it is well rehearsed.

Hi again,

Regards
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:31 am

LUV69

So glad I googled rentreporters.com!
Exchanged emails today with "Roy Sherman" with email address roy_sherman@aol.com and the emails were essentially word for word as the emails below. After reading these posts I replied to the person telling them where to go. I reported it to the Canadian Anti Fraud Centre as well, although I doubt that will lead to anything.

TheMisses

SCAMMER
The scammers email is: martin_sturino@aol.com
This person claims to be in London, UK, and requesting that one send money through rent reporters.com. This person is advertising a 2 bedroom unit located at 83 Woodbridge Ave, Vaughan, ON L4L0C8. I'm so glad I came across this site. Thanks!

Unregistered 123

Scam
Listing for a Rental Location in Toronto On, Liberty Village.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 1120CAD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).

Unregistered1234

and another one
Hello,

The apartment located in 4821 Spearhead Drive, Whistler, BC V0N 1B4 is still available. As you can see from the pictures is in excellent condition, very clean and very well kept. Is the first time I'm renting this apartment and I'm trying to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. The apartment has 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom. You can use my furniture if you want and everything from the apartment otherwise you can deposit it in the storage unit that is near the building not far away. Of course I will cover the costs for movers. The apartment rent is 635CAD/month with everything included-all the utilites (heat, hydro, water, electricy, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet- full package paid for 1 year in advance). You also have full access to all the building amenities (sauna, pool, fitness room, gym, party room, restaurants, visitor parking). Everything in the apartment is new or renovated so there is no need for repairs but just in case I will cover the costs.

Best regards,

Ronald

mail : <george_waves@aol.com>

Danny1

Happened to me too
Thank you for posting this, I almost fell for it - Similar wording, this .
In my case it was an apartment in Toronto, on a very popular free ad website.

THANK YOU !!!!

Email response #1
Hello,

The apartment located in 23 Hollywood Avenue, Toronto, ON is still available. As you can see from the pictures is in excellent condition, very clean and very well kept. Is the first time I'm renting this apartment and I'm trying to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. The apartment has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. You can use my furniture if you want and everything from the apartment otherwise you can deposit it in the storage unit that is near the building not far away. Of course I will cover the costs for movers. The apartment rent is 800CAD/month with everything included-all the utilites (heat, hydro, water, electricy, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet- full package paid for 1 year in advance). You also have full access to all the building amenities (sauna, pool, fitness room, gym, party room, restaurants, visitor parking). Everything in the apartment is new or renovated so there is no need for repairs but just in case I will cover the costs.

Best regards,
Benjamin

Email response #2 raised the red flags after I had told him how many people and offered to move his furniture out, I received:

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 800CAD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).

HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:33 am

Almostfellforit

So glad I found this post!!!!
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 1100USD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).

To: Bryan Messer <bryan_messer@aol.com>
Sent: Thu, Nov 14, 2013 12:16 am
Subject:

since you are in another time zone, would you be open to a skype call so that we can sort out some of the logistics?

On Nov 13, 2013 3:26 PM, "Bryan Messer" <bryan_messer@aol.com> wrote:
Hello,

The apartment located in 222 2nd Street Se, Minneapolis MN, 55414 is still available. As you can see from the pictures is in excellent condition, very clean and very well kept. Is the first time I'm renting this apartment and I'm trying to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. The apartment has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. You can use my furniture if you want and everything from the apartment otherwise you can deposit it in the storage unit that is near the building not far away. Of course I will cover the costs for movers. The apartment rent is 1100USD/month with everything included-all the utilites (heat, hydro, water, electricy, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet- full package paid for 1 year in advance). You also have full access to all the building amenities (sauna, pool, fitness room, gym, party room, restaurants, visitor parking). Everything in the apartment is new or renovated so there is no need for repairs but just in case I will cover the costs.
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby gabriellagao » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:39 am

It happened to me as well!!
Here is all his emails:
Hello,

The apartment located in 2621 2nd Ave, Seattle WA, 98121 is still available. As you can see from the pictures is in excellent condition, very clean and very well kept. Is the first time I'm renting this apartment and I'm trying to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. The apartment has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. You can use my furniture if you want and everything from the apartment otherwise you can deposit it in the storage unit that is near the building not far away. Of course I will cover the costs for movers. The apartment rent is 1350USD/month with everything included-all the utilites (heat, hydro, water, electricy, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet- full package paid for 1 year in advance). You also have full access to all the building amenities (sauna, pool, fitness room, gym, party room, restaurants, visitor parking). Everything in the apartment is new or renovated so there is no need for repairs but just in case I will cover the costs.

Best regards,

Oliver

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I told you before the rent for 1 month will be 1350USD with no extra fees and you will have full access to all the building amenities. You will pay the same price for the entire rental period. I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also what rental contract you prefer (a 6 months rental contract with option to renew it or 1 year rental contract with option to renew it and stay more).

Hi again,

You only have to deposit to RentReporters company a deposit of 950USD so they can proceed with the shipping, and you can receive the rental package (the keys and the documents). I will pay for a 3-4days delivery time so you will receive the keys and the contract signed by me right away. I will explain you step by step how this process will work:

Let me know if you have the funds available (950USD) so we can move forward and e-mail me your details (full name, address, phone #).

Regards
You don`t have to be worried about your money because they are 100% protected . I`ve used RentReporters Safe Exchange several times in the past as a buyer and all was in order they have great services. I can access the funds just after RentReporters Safe Exchange have your final answer about the transaction. If u refuse to keep the apt you will receive a full refund from them...
RentReporters Safe Exchange will contact you by email with the transaction method too so you can be sure that we are using a legal shipping company and all is in order....

Thanks

P.S.: Let me know if I can proceed with the transaction.

You will receive the package and you can see the apartment this week starting from Wednesday.
Thank you!
You need to send the payment via Western Union at WU location using CASH to RentReporters agent's name and address (ROBERT MAVERS). You have him details on the invoice you received from RentReporters . In order for you send the money normal to a friend or a family member the WU fee is @60 USD. If you can't cover it you can take it from the amount or we can split it. It's your choice. Hope I've been helpful for you.
Please try and confirm the payment today or tomorrow latest so RentReporters can send the package ASAP.
Thank you and have a good day!

P.S.: I will call you as soon as I get off work.

The receiver information is the payments representative from RentReporters:

Here are the details:

FIRST NAME: ROBERT
LAST NAME: MAVERS
ADDRESS: 48 BANNING STREET
CITY: LONDON
ZIP CODE: SE10 0FD

Gabriella you need to send to RentReporters the exact payment details from the Western Union receipt (senders full name, receivers full name, MTCN and amount sent). You can reply to the email you have received from them.
Let me know soon!
Thank you!
Hello Gabriella,
I tried to call you but you didn't respond...
RentReporters informed me that they payment via western union is CANCELLED!
Could u please call Western Union customer service and see what happened?
Let me know ASAP!!!!!
Thank you!

Gabriella,
Any news???
Did u had time to complete the transaction?
Let me know soon!
Thank you!

gabriellagao
New survivor

Next

Return to FraudWatchers archive