Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Bride comes before a fall

Did you read about scams in the papers, or see it on TV? Let us know.

Bride comes before a fall

Unread postby duckhunter » Sat May 05, 2012 5:41 am

Oh my gosh, found this one just as difficult to read as to post, but I thought it should be done:

THE victim of an alleged marriage scam, who was left heartbroken when his Kenyan bride vanished after getting a UK visa, is to wed again - with an African woman he met online six months ago.

Tim Reeves, 58, of Farnham Road, Slough, fell head-over-heels in love with ex-wife Priscila Njenga after a brief online romance in 2008 and flew to Kenya to wed his African Queen.

However weeks after gaining a marriage visa into the UK and moving in his home in 2009, the whirlwind romance turned sour and the then Mrs Reeves vanished.

But, despite the ordeal 'ripping his family apart' the builder, 58, is set to marry a new African love in Kenya next month.

"I have found true love," Mr Reeves told The Observer. "I met Maryanne on a dating website called AfroIntroductions.

"The tales of our past, and the hardships and suffering, is what brought us together. She loves me so much and we message each other at least 20 times a day on Facebook."

Mr Reeves flew to Kenya to meet the 26-year-old in December last year, after meeting online in October, and proposed on Christmas Day.

He has since moved Maryanne Wanja into a swanky flat and plans to wed her next month - despite warnings from disbelieving friends.

"I've fallen out with my mum and all my friends about it - it's a big problem I'm facing," he added.

Mr Reeves had his world crushed after Priscila, the 'woman of his dreams', left him in August 2009, after gaining a UK marriage visa.

He believes the £5,000 luxury wedding, at a prestigious Nairobi hotel in 2009, was an elaborate scam - with all 35 guests and the pastor in on the act.

He also revealed the couple got back together briefly in May 2010 after Priscila pleaded with him to help bring her 18-year-old daughter Helen into Britain.

When Helen gained temporary access, in August of the same year, she upped and left him again.

The UK Border Agency confirmed they were aware of the case at the time and a spokesman said: "UKBA will investigate all allegations of immigration crime and will take action when considered necessary."
"It is good to see what is beautiful, but you must also observe the ugly things ... you must be awake to everything ... you must be exposed to things which you don't quite understand, for the more you ponder over these matters which may be difficult for you, the greater will be your capacity to live richly." Krishnamurti.
duckhunter
Insert funny custom rank here.

Return to Media reports.