Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

recovery and reassurance

DO NOT click on any links in these emails.

Re: Closure. When will this all end? NEW! Coping Strategies!

Unread postby h1960 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:35 am

Hello every one

It has been more than two months since I was scammed, I can say now that I am a survivor, I almost forget about it and only comes to my mind sometimes, I still didn't activate my face book yet, I am not also that active in it anyway, so maybe soon I will , I just wanted to say to all new victims, I am sure that if you follow all the correct steps, you will over come this and will recover very soon, just believe in you self again and forgive your self and move on. Also I want to thank all the nice guys who are behind this site who really helped me going over this and move on.

God bless you all

XXX
h1960
New survivor

Re: Closure.When Will This End? There Is Life After The Scam

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:19 pm

h1960,

Thanks so much for returning here after a couple of months and telling all the readers and members here the good story of your transformation into a survivor. Your testimony will touch others and show that their lives are not over, it is not the end of the world for them when they they get scammed. They still have a good path to a better future for themselves, so do not give up hope as others have taken the same road before you and become survivors. Follow them, take their hand and go. Many future survivors will read your post here, and take your hand, too. I'll thank you for the ones who may not post here, but who's lives were changed because of you. :D

Tomorrow, his topic should reach a milestone of 50,000 reads; that is around 150/day. :shock: It is a huge number that I really did not expect to get so high, so fast. I wrote it 9 months ago, and the survivor members' responses to it have been very encouraging for everyone here. Again I thank all the survivors who took the time to post here to help others. In response to it's success here, I'm planning on writing this up as a free e-book PDF file, and will make it available here to download. I will also make it available to any anti-scam website who thinks it could help their readers and members, blogs, and any person who wants to pass it to friends, family, or any group or individual they think will benefit from reading it. You people who posted here were victims turned survivors. I hope this could help others like you around the world, also might prevent some people from getting scammed or get out of the scam by facing the truth and seeing hope, and educate more on the dangers of online scammers. There is one more major topic to be posted and perhaps commented on by you survivors before I will start putting the e-book together. Perhaps around the New Year I will begin writing. There may even be a paperback version available, like one of Wayne's books has, "The Scam Survivor's Handbook."

Keep your posts on recovery coming. They make everyone smile around here. :D
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Ruffled Feathers » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:10 am

Hi h1960,

Slappy is so correct when he says, recovery is possible and will make you a much stronger and wiser person. Your contribution to this site, you have no idea how many people it will help, the fact your scam was 2 months ago, and you are on the full road to recovery, indicates you listened and followed the advice from this site and have recovered to a real person again. Good on you!!

Please keep telling your story to anyone who will listen and warn them of the dangers of the internet.

When Slappy wrote Closure, he sent me a copy, I thought it was brilliant and to find out how many have found it and used it...what an inspriration for all of us. Keep going forward, scammers do not win, we do.

Best always in your future,
RF
A scammer is only as good as the fear he creates.
Ruffled Feathers
Senior survivor

Unread postby panathinaikos16115 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:52 pm

Hi all here,

I am thousands of miles away from you, i do not know you, if i see you i can't recognize you, but you still manage to help a completely stranger... Some things in real life must be appreciated, like friendship, honesty, and reality. You people here, were my eyes my ears and my mouth along the skype scam procedure.. You make me believe to myself and to continue my life. All moderators and the rest people who wrote down their stories are heroes in my heart. I will always be grateful to all of you even i don't know your faces.. i know your hearts.. Thank you!
panathinaikos16115
New survivor

Unread postby Ruffled Feathers » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:25 am

Hi - the best thing for all of us on this site, is to see someone come through their scam, and move forward. This site helps one and all, no matter what their scam is, just follow all the instructions and you will come out of this as a much stonger and smarter person. Now is the time to take care of you, get some rest and good food. You will be fine if you do not answer anything from the scammer. good luck, I wish you well
RF
Ruffled Feathers
Senior survivor

Unread postby h1960 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:17 pm

Dear Ruffled Feathers and dear Slappy

Your words to me really made me so proud of my self and is making me knowing more about the value of my self..

I promise that I will always coming back to this site and try to contribute to help others as much as I can..

Thank you all for helping me and helping others and God bless you..
h1960
New survivor

Unread postby Ruffled Feathers » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi h1960

Am glad we could help. Getting your self-esteem back is so important. Keep feeling the way you are now and life will return to a new normal for you.

Good luck, I wish you well and you sound like your are really on the road to recovery, keep moving forward and don't look back.

RF
Ruffled Feathers
Senior survivor

Unread postby CrimsonPuffy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:29 am

I gotta say, I don,t know for my fellow survivors, but I'm starting to feel alot better, but I've been asking myself alot of question about my own self! Who I am, Is life good for me, I always feel ''solitude'' when the night comes, and its hard cause I know who I am but it seems like all the anxiety created by everything, broke my confidence in my skills at work, with the lady, etc... Am I the only one who felt that way?
CrimsonPuffy
New survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:22 am

Hi Crimson,
Self-doubt is a part of life. Everyone feels that from time to time. You might be feeling it right now because of being scammed. Give it time. The feeling should pass. If after a while, it doesn't feel free to come back and chat with us. Meanwhile, just try to go on with life. You will get better as time goes by.
BA
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

My Foolish Moment

Unread postby NewLight » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:31 am

I recently been going through some emotional stuff with my ex and was feeling lonely. Low and behold a very pretty girl adds me on Facebook. I was uncertain of how to approach the situation but went along with it. Said person calls me from Facebook chat and start to remove her clothing. Starts talking vulgarly to me and asking to see me to. I resisted for a long time but she stopped and like any man I wanted to see more. So finally i showed her my self, for not long a couple of seconds total. The cam went dead, and i was presented with a long message. Threatening me for money. My first reaction was to be sure we were not friends on Facebook anymore. She got a hold of 4 names that I saw, i quickly deleted them from my family tree thing that posts on your Facebook. She then uploads the video and I am presented with a minute 20 clip of my self mostly my face and then it shows my private area. Not long maybe a few seconds , 10 at most. They preceded to threaten me, i decided blocking her and getting video removed from you tube was the first priority. I then changed my name on Facebook and changed my status to deactivated. I then got the video removed from you tube and the account that posted the video was terminated or removed. I quickly deleted all my social networking sites and anything i saw with my name on it. Checked my emails everything was clean. I started researching what my options were and I found this site. Read tons of material so i took the advice and started setting up Google alerts. I have not seen nothing posted since and there has been no contact attempts to me or to my family from what I have seen. It has been about 28 hours since my last contact with the individual. Am I scared yes, am I worried yes but the worst that can happen is I'm embarrassed a little bit. The guys here helped me get through Wayne and Firefly specifically, I was freaking out. So far everything has gone the way they said it would, and I've decided to make changes to my life to make sure this type of situation never happens to me again and if I can help a few other folks on the way I will be happy to do so. Saying that I am still worried but I am confident that what is said on here is true, if they cant contact me to steal money from me then what is the motive to post the video again. The Facebook account that was associated with the scam has since been terminated. I have heard nothing from the scamming individual or any relatives telling me that they got a suspicious email regarding me. All i can do now is pray and consume the support from my new friends here and hope that i do make any more foolish mistakes. I chose to talk to my dad about the situation, he made me laugh about it, told me it was stupid but not life ending. That no matter what the worse that can happen is I get a bit embarrassed. That he thinks i did the right think by not paying. Listen to the info here, i set up the Google alerts and everything and so far I have been OK. I am a lot calmer, though again I am still worried. Thank you all for your support and help during this ordeal and hopefully I can learn enough to help prevent this from happening ever again. Thank you Wayne and Fire Fly!!!
NewLight
Young Padawan

PreviousNext

Return to No clicky clicky. Sites that try to install a virus on your PC.