Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

recovery and reassurance

DO NOT click on any links in these emails.

Re: recovery and reassurance

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:03 am

Forget about it. You should ever login to that skype again anyways. Don't worry about his details then.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Peanutbuttahlovah » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:54 pm

Yes Slaphappy i am not willing to ruin my advance with that, still will fill the form with what i can remember
Peanutbuttahlovah
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:49 pm

Ok, good. Any single exact detail might save someone else. :)
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby hopefullywillhelp » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:43 am

hopefullywillhelp wrote:It's now been a full month since I was hit with the webcam blackmail scam/sextortion/sextortion and just as others have described, I feel better about it pretty much everyday. Nothing has happened as far as I can tell and the recent Facebook account hacking scandal actually provided me with a great excuse to friends and family as to why my account is deactivated so that is an extra bonus. Thanks again to all who contribute and help keep this site.

Updating again now that it has been 9+ weeks since my blackmail/sextortion incident. I have followed all the steps and my video has not been shared at all and I have had no contact with my scammer, there have been no attempts to contact me through any other means, etc. I believe I am in the clear now and thus have just reactivated my Facebook account (I did change my associated email, username url, and profile picture but did not want to give up on my many memories/photos/etc). I trust the admins advice that after the advised waiting period it is extremely unlikely for the scammer to come back to you - there are too many fresh naive souls for them to focus on than to waist time on victims from months ago...

I have to admit that I sounded and felt just as scared and nervous, etc as any others on here when it first happened (and for a while after) but as the Admins have said of many others - I became more confident everyday and have become actually found relief at being off of social media for a while. I didn't realize how addicted I was until this happened and I feel like I have some greater perspective now. This site is truly amazing for helping with that. Reading through other people's stories and the admins advice was tremendously helpful in those very scary and stressful moments.

I have a feeling that most people who go through with this probably want to just try and forget it ever happened once they are through it - which is probably why there aren't a ton of people who come back here to post once they are over it. I will try to occasionally come back to post and reassure other victims that it does indeed get better and that you can indeed get through it.

Thanks again.
hopefullywillhelp
Junior survivor

Unread postby Peanutbuttahlovah » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:23 am

Hello fellow survivors, today two weeks have passed since i, like many of you, became a victim of sextortion

I am starting to recover my life, i started to be happy again and recovered many of the personal traits i lost due to the massive stress and insecurities somebody who fell into this scam feels.

In these two weeks i have experienced a life free of social media and i must say it have been relaxing and peaceful without having to worry about somebody else's life but mine.

Is hard to feel completely safe again since i think two weeks are not enough to consider myself a survivor but i am slowly recovering my life and i hope it keep on going like this.
Peanutbuttahlovah
New survivor

Unread postby Peanutbuttahlovah » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:41 pm

3 weeks and no contact from my scammer at all
Peanutbuttahlovah
New survivor

Unread postby Knoxy1971 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:40 pm

I was just contacted after 4 weeks of no contact via WhatsApp! Blocked them immediately but after just starting to relax, I am no worried again. Should I be concerned?
Knoxy1971
New survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:47 pm

Nope, just make sure everything is closed and restart the waiting period again. They will go away if they can't get any money from you.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby Knoxy1971 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:11 pm

They have my colleague email addresses, so the worry is they could email the video to them, even though I have deactivated social media accounts.
Knoxy1971
New survivor

Unread postby Peanutbuttahlovah » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:07 pm

Wow it really sucks,now i am also worried since i get the 4 week milestone in a few days
Peanutbuttahlovah
New survivor

PreviousNext

Return to No clicky clicky. Sites that try to install a virus on your PC.