Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

My Story

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

My Story

Unread postby JK47 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:32 pm

I had been using a dating site for a few weeks, a few days ago a pretty Asian girl started messaging me. After a few messages she asked me to add her on Facebook, I asked why and then added her anyway (moron). Once on Facebook she started talking about video messaging, I said that I have Skype and she gave me her account details. Once on Skype she asked me if I was alone, when I said yes she asked me to call her. We all know the next part of the story, then my video was on YouTube. I immediately flagged it as sexual content and it was removed, all the while she was messaging me on Skype demanding money otherwise the video will go to my family and friends. I went along with it, while she was demanding the money I was deactivating my Facebook account.

I got as far as the Western Union sign up page, searching around for my credit card which, fortunately, I never found. By this time she was getting really pushy on Skype, "hey, I'm getting pissed off here", "Don't f*ck with me" , "what's taking so long" etc. At that point I thought sod this and just blocked her on Skype and left it. The video was gone from YouTube at this point and I left the room for 5 mins.

When I came back she was messaging me the dating site, "hey", "what now" etc, I just clicked the block button there too and have not heard anything since, they have no other way of contacting me. I reported the account to Facebook. I was prepared for the video to surface the next day, I hardly slept that night. My concern was that they had noted my Facebook contacts before I blocked them, I checked my daughters account and she cannot receive messages from strangers, so all good there.

So far so good, nobody has messaged me to tell me they've seen my video. What I took comfort from before finding this site was that I'm sure if a person who's completely random, messages you on Facebook it doesn't go to your inbox but to a completely different folder that most people don't know about.

I found this site yesterday and the advice here is fantastic, I'm glad that I took all the steps before reading this, unfortunately I reported the profile although I haven't heard back from Facebook about this and the profile is still active.

Of course there's a nagging worry that the video will surface, however if they message 10 of my friends then that's 10 more chances of them getting caught, I'm sure as you say they're onto there next victim, probably tried it on many since. To them I'm just one that didn't pay off.

I'm going to keep my Facebook deactivated for a month or so, I can live without it. In the meantime I'm keen to actively search out these people, obviously without getting naked this time, in order to post them to this site if that helps, does anyone else do this?
JK47
New survivor

Re: My Story

Unread postby Wayne » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:43 pm

It's not really something we'd recommend people do. Some of us do, but we've got years of experience in dealing with scammers under our belts. The best thing you can do for now is post up your scammer's details and then learn about how they work. If after a couple of weeks you're still interested in dealing with scammers then we can point you in the right direction, but we know it's not for everyone, so please don't be offended if we tell you it's not a good idea.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:54 pm

These blackmail scammers can esily scam 10-20 people/day, so please give as many details as you can about them.
You can fill out our Blackmail form, or answer the same questions here, ok? Thanks.
-
What name did the scammer use?

Scammer's email address if you have it.

How old did the scammer say they were?

Scammer's Skype name .

Address of the scammer's FaceBook, Google+ or other social media site page. .

What site did you first meet the scammer on?
What is their profile link there?

If they asked you to leave the site , where did they take you to?

How much money did they demand?

Name you were told to send the money to.

What country/city were you told to send the money to?

If they gave you a phone number, please add it here.

How were you to send the money ?

Please upload a photo of the scammer if they sent you one.

Are there any other details you wish to share? Anything you say may help prevent someone else from being scammed, no matter how trivial it may seem at the time.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby JK47 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:35 pm

I filled out the form earlier, you should have all the details.
JK47
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:10 pm

You are right. And I'm slow. :oops: Thanks. :D
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby JK47 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 pm

Does anyone here know if its possible to stop people searching for you on Face book by your name? I found ways to stop them searching for you by email address and phone number but I can still be found if someone types in my name. Also is there a way to stop your Face book profile coming up on Google?
JK47
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:42 pm

JK47,

you have here: http://www.scamsurvivors.com/helpdesk/k ... article=26 details about how you can do it.

And about your Facebook: changing the username change the url and the old link is no more available. Sure if you search your own name in google you are not the only hit...
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby JK47 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:23 pm

Thanks Firefly, unfortunately I have a very rare surname and I am the only person that comes up in a Google search. Also something I found out today while trying to secure my Facebook page, you can only change the username it uses as your url once. And I already did that once.

So today I changed my profile pic, stopped anyone seeing my friends list and also set all details as private. Facebook privacy settings are good but they don't go far enough in my opinion.
JK47
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:59 am

You can always set another profile on Facebook, more secure, add you friends in the new one and deactivate for good the old one.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby hellgate » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:46 am

Hello

i am sorry to hear about your story and glad you got out of it stronger :)
all what i want to say is Facebook as a social network meant to be only between people you know like family
i do not see the point of adding random people , some people could harm you very badly by just saving your pictures then next day they'll create an account that has your name and all your informations then drama will start
personal advice : ,never ever add strangers but if somehow you did , always secure your account and try to avoid using your personal photos
i noticed that most people on Facebook complain about the volition of privacy but when it comes to see it is their fault , because nobody did force them to share their whole life online and adding stranger people just because they look nice or i dont know

Best Regards
hellgate
New survivor

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com