Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Melanie Dubois in Skype and FB

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Melanie Dubois in Skype and FB

Unread postby frustrated » Fri May 24, 2013 2:23 pm

I was a stupid victim to the skype masturbation scam demanding money (I didn't pay) and threatening to show my friends the video. I reported the youtube video and it was removed. My question is did anyone who was threatened actually have the video sent to their facebook friends or was it a bluff? Thanks
frustrated
New survivor

Re: face book friends being shown "naughty" video

Unread postby frustrated » Fri May 24, 2013 2:26 pm

"Her" Skype and Facebook name: Melanie Dubois
frustrated
New survivor

Re: face book friends being shown "naughty" video

Unread postby firefly » Fri May 24, 2013 4:28 pm

Frustrated,

You have here the main topic with advices in similar situations: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580. If you have done all it was needed to protect yourself and to cut the contact with the scammer, in short time, the scammer will move on to the other victims. For other victims sake, please, try to post more details about the scammer:

- skype username - right click on the name
- link to the Facebook profile or other social /dating site used by your scammer with you
- destination for the money and the name of the receiver.
- Youtube account used by the scammer (if...)

And replying at your question: no. If you have done everything right and in the right order and the scammer can not contact you anymore, the video is not sent to your Facebook contacts.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

I got scammed today from Chatroulette/Skype

Unread postby theacidjoy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:14 pm

So, it happened to me.... the typical chatroulette conversation that migrated to Skype and became not the brightest moment in my life. you know how the story goes.... recorded me, threatening to send it my friends and family. after admitting to being a dude, a scammer, he wanted 500 bucks for me to stop it. being naive to the situation, i talked him down to 250 before i did any research. in hindsight, i know i shouldnt have paid at all. but i did. im pissed off about that.
anywho, i read the thread on what to do, and followed step for step. im still really worried, i feel like there are so many loopholes and possibilities of footage of me m***urbating is still going to leak to my friends some how. the scammer made the video on youtube private before i could flag it. so im just waiting. i changed literally everything i could on my facebook, then followed to deactivate it, and ill keep it like that for at least a week. i made an alert on google. blocked the scammer on skype.
are there any other variables that i need to take into consideration in order to protect my safety from this?

scammer info:
facebook name: Melanie Dubois
"from": Quebec, Canada
skype name: melanie.dubois65

the dudes actual name is Youssef Hamraoui from Morocco

now this part that im going to ask is really, really important to me. see, im in the military, and i have to stand duty every 4 days on my ship. which is 24 hour long shift. so thats an entire day at a time away from the PC. that video is on youtube and hasnt been flagged yet like i said, im just waiting for him to take it off private so i can. but, im about to be confined to my carrier for a day and tomorrow will be the most likely time that this scammer will try to resurface the video.

this is the link:

Link removed. Read through our "read this 1st" thread to see how to report a hidden video. Wayne.

can one of you PLEASE monitor this upload, please....

also, if there is ANYTHING else i can do to prevent this from ruining my life, please inform me
theacidjoy
New survivor

Re: I got scammed today from Chatroulette/Skype

Unread postby Ruffled Feathers » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:58 pm

Hi theacidjoy,

Sorry to learn about your scam experience, however it appears you followed all the correct steps and once the scammer cannot find you, he moves on very quickly. These creeps are hit and run, they are after fast money, that is why you were able to talk him down in the amount.

Keep your fb deactivated for at least the next 2 weeks, and when he can't find you he won't waste time trying. Please note in your posting - Wayne has killed the link to the video. Also, they have no space to save the video that is why they have to post it some where - they work on mobile phones or laptops in internet cafes and most importantly, in Morocco if caught with these types of videos, they are considered gay and that is illegal and off to jail they go.

The threats are idle. they are there to scare you into paying more money. No more contact with these guys and do not open anything from anyone you do not know and/or recognise where the number is coming from.

You will recover and will be OK, just chalk it up to making a mistake, we all make them. Good luck and stay safe.
RF
A scammer is only as good as the fear he creates.
Ruffled Feathers
Senior survivor

Re: Melanie Dubois in Skype and FB

Unread postby Wayne » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:02 am

Feedback form #247

What name did the scammer use?: Melanie Dubois
Scammer's email address if you have it.:
How old did the scammer say they were?:
Scammer's Skype name .: melanie.dubois65
Address of the scammer's FaceBook, Google+ or other social media site page. .:
What site did you first meet the scammer on?: chatroulette
If they asked you to leave the site , where did they take you to?: skype
How much money did they demand?: 500
Name you were told to send the money to. : Youssef Hamraoui
What country/city were you told to send the money to?: Morocco
If they gave you a phone number, please add it here.:
How were you to send the money ?: western union
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com