Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

scammers abusing stolen photos of Najwa

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Re: scammers abusing stolen photos of Najwa

Unread postby uscguy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:37 pm

I met up with this scammer just last night. Watching youtube videos got me interested in trying out chatroulette and I met this person (who went by Sousi on chatroulette). They asked if I had a facebook and I said yes, because I never figured facebook could be used against me like this. We then added each other on Skype and began talking (name on Skype was labelle.sousi). After we were finished talking they posted the message about recording the video and sending it to facebook friends. They demanded money but wouldn't say how much, finally stating $500... honestly I was so terrified last night, if I had 500 laying around I probably would have sent it without even thinking. The common link between these usernames seems to be sousi, so please spread the word to not give your facebook to sousi or Skype with them.

After reading some of these posts, I am able to relax a little seeing as how the threats generally were not followed through with. I will be keeping an eye on my facebook as well as my mothers to see if anything gets posted. If someone could respond soon, I would like to know how to find the video if they post it to youtube as well as watching for the google alert (is this just through gmail notifications?).
uscguy
New survivor

Unread postby NewLight » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:17 pm

You need to cut off all contact with the scammer, this means deactivating your facebook completely for alteast 2 weeks. If you have set up the google alerts then it will send you email notifications to your inbox so you can flag and get the video deleted.

You must block and delete the scammer everywhere.
BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED

viewtopi ... =4&t=13271
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580
http://www.scamsurvivors.com/bmform.htm
NewLight
Young Padawan

Unread postby uscguy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:54 pm

I feel confident that I have blocked him from everywhere we communicated. I plan to completely delete my facebook and Skype and create new ones with different logins and names. Does anyone know the email of this person? We never communicated through email, but I am sure he could have found my email address somewhere somehow.
uscguy
New survivor

Unread postby uscguy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:57 pm

And does anyone know if this guy has actually followed through with sending to facebook friends? That is the only thing I am worried about. Deleting a video off youtube isn't hard to do, but intercepting a message to a facebook friend when there are hundreds of them, is a whole different issue. From what I read, it doesn't look like he ever sent via facebook, that seems to be a scare tactic and bluff.
uscguy
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:42 pm

To send a message to your friends, the scammer need to upload the video first somewhere. And if that´s happend, the Alert you set on Google will notify you and you can kill the video before to be sent. In most of the cases, the video from Youtube is the only place where the scammer save the record. Once deleted, it´s gone forever.

And about your email: just delete without open it any message you receive from unknown people.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby uscguy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:22 pm

Do you know of any time frame the video is usually uploaded? He said the video was at 97% last night, but nothing has popped up yet.
uscguy
New survivor

Unread postby uscguy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:41 pm

To those who have deleted their youtube video... what was the name of the youtube user?
uscguy
New survivor

Unread postby AlmostGotMe » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:23 pm

They usually would send you a link to your recording on youtube shortly after your webcam session, to then demand money for deleting the video again!
If your scammer has no way to contact you though, how can he blackmail you and why would he still need to upload the video then?
Don't let him contact you and make those google alerts to be able to react if anything is uploaded and you should be safe!
AlmostGotMe
New survivor

Unread postby uscguy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:37 pm

Yeah, I have him blocked on Skype and facebook (his facebook account was actually removed). I don't know if he has my email, but we never communicated through email, so I am hoping not, I may just delete the email that was associated with my facebook account, as I have several emails to be able to use.

Thanks for the comforting words... this is the first time something like this has happened to me, and I will make certain it is the last time. I feel locked out from the world because I can't use facebook.
uscguy
New survivor

Unread postby shocked » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:54 pm

The same thing that happened to uscguy happened to me yesterday as well, but from a different scammer I think viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13354
I've followed the suggestions layed out by Wayne but I am still very paranoid at the moment.
shocked
New survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com