Site logo

Advert.
Switch to full style
Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.
Post a reply

Charlotte Lee - okcupid

Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:33 pm

Form received 2019-09-07 04:15:32

What name did the scammer use?: Charlotte Lee
How old did the scammer say they were?: 24
What site/app did you first meet the scammer on? Please provide a link if possible.: OkCupid
Who made the first contact?: They contacted me first.
If they asked you to leave the site/app and go elsewhere, where did they take you?: To texting, then Google Hangouts.
If they gave you a phone number, please add it here.: (323)6127641 ,which matched their story that they recently moved from LA.
How much money did they demand?: I left and deleted Google Hangouts before they could demand a specific amount.
What steps, if any, have you already taken to block the scammer?: I deleted and blocked them on Google Hangouts and blocked their number. They removed me on OkCupid, so I can't see their info anymore.
Are there any other details you wish to share? Anything you say may help prevent someone else from being scammed.:
*This person appeared as an Asian woman, possibly Chinese or Filipina, her early 20's on Google Hangouts. The picture from her OkCupid profile looked different than the woman on Google Hangouts. The woman on Google Hangouts video chat seemed to be moving and reply normally (ex: they wouldn't be typing if the woman was away from the screen and the woman didn't seem to jump around the screen as if it were a pre-recorded clip.)

*They asked for my email to add me on Google Hangouts, and avoided giving me theirs.

*They immediately introduced their full name in order to get me to reveal mine.
=
+13236127641
Number billable as geographic
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location California
Attachments
Screenshot_20190906-025850_Gmail_mbcyzz.jpg
Post a reply