Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Getting "blackmailed" by someone in the Morocco

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Getting "blackmailed" by someone in the Morocco

Unread postby ItsMeMario » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Hey there everyone!

So this is my story from early last year (January 2012) my lap top was hacked by someone by the name of Jessica Watson from Morocco. I'll spare you every single detail of how it happened, but they have a XXX vid of me (unlike some posters I've read here, I was not having a 1-on-1 chat with this person. They hacked my computer to obtain this video).

Now I might not be like some of the posters around here, because in all honesty, I didn't really care about the video going out. I explained to those who matter what had happened between the hacker and me, and we all got a big laugh about it. So if the scammer/hacker did post the video, I wouldn't care. I would just contact the website where the video is, have them take it down, and move on with my day. Anyways, so here is what happened:

They called me on skype (they were not on my contacts so Idk how they did this), and showed me a few contacts from my FB list, and told me that they would send the video to all of them, as they showed me the video on skype. I kept declining her skype calls, and not responding to her chats (I am saying "her" but I am sure it was a dude). Before they were even able to tell me they wanted money in exchange for the video, or how to send them the money, I blocked them. As I did a little researched I stumbled upon a few forums, and apparently this happens often. So in the span of 30 minutes from the moment the incident happened, I deactivated my FB account, and deleted and blocked all my contacts from Skype. I know the hacker probably already had all the info, but I did it anyways. Unlike some posters, the hacker did not have my phone number, so no way of contacting me through there. So without been able to contact me on skype, facebook, or cell phone, no further communication happened between the two of us. Plus none was needed because I was not about to give him any $$$. I did set a Google Alarm. So then I moved on with my day. The next morning I saw I had an email from google alerts telling me a new ad about me was up. So I looked it up, and indeed it was a YouTube video of me with my 8 inch friend saying hello to the entire world. Hahaha. First I laughed about it. After watching it (I was the first and only view), I went on that person's channel (don't remember the name of the channel now), and they had maybe about 6 other guys doing the same thing. Don't know if those guys were reeled in to a 1on1 chat, or if they were hacked like me. But anyways, I flagged the video, let YouTube know there was nudity, and maybe within 5 to 10 minutes the video was down, and the YouTube channel was gone. Then I reactivated my FB and made an event, inviting all of my friends, letting them know I was hacked and not to open any suspicious e-mails either from me, or about me, as well as FB messages, YouTube videos, etc. So pretty much just telling them to stay away from me, unless I contacted them via phone or in person. Lol. I didn't explain to them in detail what had happened, I just told them that if they opened anything sent to them about me, it would either give them a virus, or make them vulnerable to the hacker's attacks. And end of the story. I am sure the hacker moved on to someone else who was willing to pay.

So to itemize everything, here's what I did step by step:

- Decline to pay, decline communication with scammer (calls or texts)
- Deactivate your FB and other social network accounts.
- Set up a Google Alert that way you know if anyone posted anything about you recently (Googling yourself alone will not do it).
- Let everyone know that you've been hacked and not to open any e-mails, FB msgs, etc, from you or about you. Scare them telling them its a hacker, or a virus. You can create a FB event like I did.
- Keep an eye out for videos posted, in case the scammer/hacker did post the vids (popular sites are youtube, rapidshare, flickr). Typically, the Google Alert will let you know. It was accurate in my case.
- Most important, do not let this consume you. The Hacker/Scammer only has power if you give it to them. If you refuse to talk to them, and make contact, then eventually they will give up. If your loved ones see the video, explain the situation (I did and my wife and I laughed about it). But if you can't explain it to them, then just pray the scammer does not post the video, and do not show yourself again on camera naked. Eventually, this will die down. People will forget. Look at Paris Hilton, and Kim Kardashian, people eventually moved on. Lol. I learned my lesson, I've been sober for over a year of recording myself naked. Lol.

Best advice I can give you is, do not pay!!!! If you pay them, then they realize they can make this for a living, and continue scamming and hacking people. If no one pays, then they will move to other scams, or hopefully to finding a decent job. There's a reason why the "I am a prince from South Africa, I need your help cashing one million dollars..." scams are not very popular anymore. Its because people were not falling for them, and scammers moved on.

Anyways, that's my story. Hope that helps! Good luck to you all. Will be praying for everyone.
ItsMeMario
New survivor

Re: Getting "blackmailed" by someone in the Morocco

Unread postby ItsMeMario » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:00 pm

Forgot to mention! The hacker was sending me messages (I was not responding), but they knew my major (I am a student), and where I am from. Of course any of this info is easily accessible through FB. Still creepy though!
ItsMeMario
New survivor

Re: Getting "blackmailed" by someone in the Morocco

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Thanks for telling your story here. Yours is a little different as you say they somehow extracted a video from your machine that was already on there. Most of these guys claim that they are "Professional hackers," when in fact they are not, and just say that to scare victims into paying. I'm glad that it worked out for you.
Deactivating FB is not always needed, if the scammer is unfriended, then blocked, and the user name changed along with the picture, but it doesn't hurt you.

Today our best advice is all in this one topic:
Online blackmail. Read this first. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580

And of course, posting all of the scammer's details to warn others.

Where did you meet? What is the website?
What is scammer's FB account profile link? Not just the Name you see on the account, as many people can share the same name, but the profile link in the address bar, the URL.
What is scammer's EXACT Skype Profile name and details there? (Right-click mouse on her name in Skype.)
Who were you told to pay? Name, city, country?
Any other details of scammer?
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com