Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

sarah.venosta on Facebook

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Unread postby abac123 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:47 am

Ok, so I messed up last night and fell for this blackmailer. I can post the entire story if people would like, but I'm sure most people don't want to read that much. So, i'll give the cliff notes version.

-Met cute girl named sarah supposedly from Canada.
-She said she liked me and gave me a little preview on chatroulette.
-Said she couldn't do more on CR, but she would cam 2 cam with me on facebook.
-her FB name was SARAH VENOSTA
-we did our thing for about 5 minutes then her screen skipped and started showing my cam.
-She FB chatted me saying shes a professional hacker and she would ruin my life and so on.
-She put up links to 5 of my FB friends and said to western union $300 or she would ruin me.
-I was thinking about paying it but i stalled and quickly found this place. never paid.

I knew something was weird because one of my FB friends she put up was my ex girlfriend who blocked me on FB and doesnt even show up so I don't know how she could have seen her.

I blocked her on FB and then some guy named EL MEHDI BARKOUK friended me right away. I blocked him too but not before he sent me a threatening FB message.

Been almost 24 hours now and nothing has come of it.

The "Sarah Venosta" girl had sent me a link to my "video" earlier but I didn't click on it until after I had blocked them all.

The link she sent me was a random music video. It's all a scare tactic.

Hope this helps someone in the future.
abac123
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:30 am

Hello, abac123,

thanks for your report. Good you managed to do the right steps to protect yourself.

Now about the scammer:
On Facebook,
Sarah Venosta aka sarah.venosta
Worked at McDonald's Canada
Studied at Univesité de Montreal
Lives in Montreal, Quebec
From Montreal, Quebec

Stolen images used:

Image - - entire picture is a cut from one picture named Hot College Girls Demotivation Picture...

Image - - Sarah (cuteteens gallery)
+ + one bikini picture - not posted

Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: Chatroulette scammer in Morocco

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:31 am

Online blackmail. Read this first. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580

Please read that entire topic. Here are the main points in it:
DO NOT PAY THEM! They will only be back for more money over and over until you stop.
Unfriend them then Block them in FB, change your FB username and picture. Increase your privacy settings in FB. Block them in Skype. Put Google Alerts on your name, and report any videos to the host of the website to close them. Do not answer any unknown emails, delete them without opening them, and do not accept any new friend on skype or FB.

If any of the details that you have are different to what is posted here, please post them.
Many other victims can be warned, can be saved the hurt you experienced, or can get help here.

Please post all the scammer's details:

If they had a Skype:
What is scammer's EXACT Skype Profile name and details there? (Right-click mouse on her name in Skype.)
Any other details of scammer.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby abac123 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:33 am

Yep thats the one. I reported her convo to facebook as well as her "boss" El Mehdi Barkouk. Not sure if that does anything but maybe it will at least get those fake profiles off of Facebook.
abac123
New survivor

Unread postby abac123 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:37 am

Only other details I got were this:

first name: ALAHIANE
last name : AYOUB

This was the reciever's information I was given to transfer the money too.

I registered with western union and played along with her so i could stall and figure out what to do.
abac123
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:47 am

Reporting fake profiles used by scammers on free sites is bad. See viewtopic.php?f=3&t=66948 - to understand why. And about reporting "her" to "her" boss - you just make a scammer to laugh out loud, before to change his fake profile with another one...
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby abac123 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:59 am

I didn't report her to her "boss". I reported both of them to Facebook. I don't really care if I made them "laugh out loud", and I know they will just create another account. I'll read that topic, but as long as I didn't jeopardize myself anymore by reporting them, I don't really care.

I do have one question though. I said earlier I thought something was weird about them posting my ex girlfriends facebook.
Although we are on good terms in real life, she did completely block me on FB. I search her and she doesn't appear anywhere, which I get. I can't see any of her activity.
My question is, how did they get her FB apparently off of my page if I can't even see her?
abac123
New survivor

Unread postby abac123 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:01 am

[removed unnecessary quote.]

Ok, I get it now about the reporting. Let them use the same info so others can find it if they try. That's my bad..
Last edited by SlapHappy on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote.
abac123
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:09 am

I have added the link to that topic at the very start of the main "Read this first." BM topic.
Hopefully this closing of FB and scammer skype accounts by victims will occur less often now.
I'm sorry that you were scammed. :(
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:15 am

My question is, how did they get her FB apparently off of my page if I can't even see her?

Sorry, I overlooked this question. Since your FB was open to them before you blocked them and changed your user name, they must have gotten adds from one or more of your friends on your list that had her on their lists before you closed them off. You should send warnings to your FB list to unfriend and block this scammer if they have them on their accounts. You could say they attempted to hack or send you a virus or something.

minor sentence edit.
Last edited by SlapHappy on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: minor sentence edit.
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Next

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com