Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

so afraid.. help

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

so afraid.. help

Unread postby victim2013 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:42 am

I am a 30 yr old man who has recelty been the victim of the webcam blackmail..

After chatting online she asked was I on fb, I of course said yes and she looked me up but didn't add me...she the. Asked to go on Skype and chat..one thing led to another and needless to say that there is a video of me in her possession..

She had it up on YouTube, but its down now,and she sent me a video of her posting it to some of my friends, she also has my place of work from my fb page..she has threatened to send the video to all of my friends and post the link to the video on the company fb page also.. I did a quick Google and there are several sites with my name and where the clip has been up.. again a request was sent for cash but this has not been paid as yet. She also has my mobile numer which was on Skype and is texting threatening to forward to all my contacts ans work colleagues unless I pay..

What do I do..do I tell work that I am being blackmailed..change my move number? And just ignore and hope I can get the links down before they are shared...I am physically sick at the thought of work and family getting these links..

I have read all the posts with help here and am happy that I found this place but I'm also so scared...ur advice is much appreciated
victim2013
New survivor

Re: so afraid.. help

Unread postby DDT1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:42 pm

If you have read all the advice on here then you'll know not to pay them a penny. If they know they can get money out of you then they will not leave you alone.

Put all your security settings on max on Facebook, deactivate Skype. Block them from sending texts/calls to your phone. Do not respond to any of their messages.

This is all about making quick cash to them if they can't get in touch with you they will move in to their next victim. Blackmail is all about scaring the victim.

I know how you feel at the moment as this has happened to me, I promise it gets easier. Go out and do something to take your mind off it.

They don't stand to gain anything out of posting the video to your friends, it will just cost them their time. Time that they would rather spend scaring another victim.
DDT1
Junior survivor

Unread postby victim2013 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:45 pm

thanks for the reply.. should i tell anyone that this exists or just wait it out and see what happens??

also, is anyone aware of any android app or way that i can block all incoming calls/msgs from a foreign number?

I dont believe there is any option to block numbers without calling my carrier, but even at that im not sure a number can be blocked?
victim2013
New survivor

Unread postby DDT1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:29 pm

I think telling someone will probably make you feel better about it all.

Call your provider and just get them to block your number, tell them that this person is trying to scan you. They might even be able to block all calls from that country. Cut all ways of them contacting you as soon as possible.
DDT1
Junior survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:44 pm

Sorry to hear you were blackmailed, victim2013.

Read this, please: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580. You have here all steps you need to follow. Doing what we advice you to do will help you to protect yourself online in a certain way to made more hard for your scammer to find you again. So long he can not communicate with you and ask for money, you can be safe. Usually, after few days, if the scammer can not find you again, he will move on to the next victim.

Do you have details about your scammer?
- exact username in Skype?
- link to "her" Facebook profile?
- destination for the money and the name for the receiver?
- phone number used by the scammer?

Can you post those details here, please? Your scammer play the same game with other victims. And those other victims can be saved if they search online after those details and they can find the info here.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com