Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Unread postby jim » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:23 pm

Hi, came here after getting stupidly caught out and followed the advice posted here. Came across this person on adult chatavenue, recorded me but I blocked them before they get to the threatening blackmail part.

Facebook: Saida Janica Miller

They seem to have 2 skype addresses when you just search janica miller.
jim
New survivor

Re: skype : janica.miller2

Unread postby Wayne » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:04 pm

Good you blocked them. Doing that cuts them off at the legs, so they can't continue the scam. The girl in the Skype avatar is Janica Buhain. I get no hits on FB looking up Saida Janica Miller tho. Do you have any other details?

Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby jim » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:15 pm

Umm only that they are apparently from LA not that that means too much. Weird comes up as janica.miller2 for me, one and the same person?

It was a really poorly written message they sent me though, really bad grammar and threatening to post to facebook friends but not actually asking for anything in return. I'd blocked them straight away from facebook so can't send you the link. Too risky to unblock, grab their page address and re-block?
jim
New survivor

Unread postby DDT1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:23 pm

If you unblock someone on Facebook you have to wait 24 hours to reblock. So just be careful.
DDT1
Junior survivor

Unread postby jim » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:26 pm

Not sure that's worth the risk then, just a thought.
jim
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:36 pm

Do not unblock FB to get us the scammer's exact profile link. Your protection is more important.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby jim » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:20 am

OK thanks you've been very reassuring, I think it's blown over, and this forum has been helpful. Even if the worst did happen and it ended up on youtube I can't see it staying there very long or getting watched by anyone I know. Lesson learnt!
jim
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:44 am

You can flag it as soon as it appears, too. It usually does not stay up very long.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Jeff555 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:55 pm

I fell for it to Jim ... too bad I hadn't seen this site before I made this mistake. The fb page of this person is facebook.com/saida.miller.9 ...

I wish I could figure out how to find the youtube post they said they made ... I'm to embarassed to ask my friends if they got the link yet.

I should have known better ... lesson learned is right
Last edited by firefly on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link disabled.
Jeff555
New survivor

saida.miller.9 on Facebook

Unread postby firefly » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Sorry to hear you fell in this trap, Vanion.

You have here the most important things to do in this case: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580
Delete/block the scammer on every place used online to communicate with him, Facebook also. Change your username on Facebook - it will change your URL link and the scammer will not be able to find you again using the old link, and replace your profile picture if is one with your face in. Change your privacy settings allowing just your friends to see you profile. Set a Google Alert with your name in. google will let you know if something using your name is posted online and you can report the video to the host, asking to be deleted.

About:
I wish I could figure out how to find the youtube post they said they made

Have you tried to search your own name in Google? Maybe in this way you will find the video and you will be able to report it.

About the scammer:
On Facebook,
Saida Janica Miller aka saida.miller.9
Worked at McDonald's (Cashier)
Studied at California State University, Los Angeles
Lives in Los Angeles, California
From Los Angeles, California
Active since February 19, 2013.

im just who i am!!!

how can i fall inlove with you ♥

Some of the images used - 5 albums:

Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Next

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com