Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Being webcam blackmailed by solene dubiere2

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Re: Being webcam blackmailed by solene dubiere2

Unread postby Imsostupid » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:35 am

They got me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On Chatrandom.
Name Sol Dubi
Didnt say anything about age, went to Skype and then got my FB contacts? I don't know how, don't I have to accept a friendship request? I thought my contacts were private unless I friended someone.
As soon as they sent me a video link, which didn't work when I tried to view it, I quickly deactivated my FB account. I ignored all correspondence as I didn't shut down Skype while I was deactivating FB. After several threats he stopped, tried calling my phone which I didn't answer made a few more threats and stopped again at which point I blocked him on Skype. Mentioned sending money, never an amount or where to send it because I didn't reply.
Profile pic is the Bear Head picture already shown here.
Profile says from France, traced the IP to Amsterdam, a proxy I would assume.
Imsostupid
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:29 am

Just make sure you follow all of the advice in this main topic:
Online blackmail. Read this first. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580

What is scammer's EXACT Skype Profile name and details there? (Right-click mouse on the name in Skype. Click on the right arrow on top and give us the name on the bottom of that skype page.)
You can find the name in the history of conversations, if you have blocked them already, or in blocked contacts.

Do you have the phone number of scammer?
Email address of the scammer?
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Imsostupid » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:42 am

his Skype name is sol.dubi
Phone# 212 699-2652 56 , thats how it looks on my phone

I have him blocked in Skype.
Deactivated FB before I even knew to look for him in my friend list. Will go back soon and reactivate and delete him.
Imsostupid
New survivor

Unread postby Johan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:01 pm

Imsostupid wrote:They got me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On Chatrandom.
Name Sol Dubi
Didnt say anything about age, went to Skype and then got my FB contacts? I don't know how, don't I have to accept a friendship request? I thought my contacts were private unless I friended someone.
As soon as they sent me a video link, which didn't work when I tried to view it, I quickly deactivated my FB account. I ignored all correspondence as I didn't shut down Skype while I was deactivating FB. After several threats he stopped, tried calling my phone which I didn't answer made a few more threats and stopped again at which point I blocked him on Skype. Mentioned sending money, never an amount or where to send it because I didn't reply.
Profile pic is the Bear Head picture already shown here.
Profile says from France, traced the IP to Amsterdam, a proxy I would assume.

Sorry to hear it. They got me the same way. Mostly it is related to using the same username for both Skype and FB, Skype will now automatically share FB contact information without permission in some circumstances, and somehow the scammers can get this info from either Skype or FB, - I'm still trying to figure out how. It was good that you followed protocol and killed the connection early.

What I would do next is open a new Skype account with no personal information in it, and choose a completely new username. Then redo your contacts inviting them to your new Skype. DO NOT let Skype link to Facebook or log in to it using facebook.

You might consider not using your real name for your facebook account too, so scammers can't so easily get your actual name.
Johan
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:54 pm

+212699265256
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination Morocco
City or exchange location
Original network provider* Wana Corporate S.A. (inwi)
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Previous

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com