Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scammed on facebook

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Scammed on facebook

Unread postby narik » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:22 pm

This girl named Cristy Sailala from philippines sent me frnd request. We had mutual frnds and So I thought she was genuine. She started talking to me and I had a doubt from beginning. We did a facebook video chat and she forced me to go to private place but I refused to. But she was nude(I am not sure if they played a clip or if it was her). Later again we did chat and I did a mistake there showing my private parts. She immediately combined both the clips and made a youtube video and She posted it on youtube. Immediately she started blackmailing that she will send the video to my sister and brother who are on facebook. I had to send her 800$ on xoom. Then he promised to delete the video and he asked me to call him

once I called he is deleting the video but not deleting it from recycle bin. I asked them to delete from recycle bin and he started asking another 700. All this happened in few hrs. I was too tensed and sent 700 again. But then I found this website. Thank god, I felt so relieved having learnt that I can fight this back. I did follow all the steps mentioned, blocked him everywhere. I deleted all chats and reported her profile. So facebook deleted the profile. But this was before reading this website or else I would not have reported. But my only concern is that she has my sister and brothers facebook accounts. So what if he sends them and start blackmailing again and again?

Please help me out. He can create another facebook account and search for my sisters profile and send her a message of this video right. Is there any precautions I can take to handle this? I had no food and water since yesterday. I dont want to ruin my life. Please help me out. I would really appreciate your help

Is there a way I can delete the entire chat even on the other side. We spoke on facebook and imo. I reported the facebook chat as spam and deleted imo chat history. But do they note the names and search them again and try to send them to relatives. In the video he opened all my frnds in new tabs and he have all of their facebook profiles handy. It makes me terrified. It would be so embarrassing to me if it is sent.

Any kind of advise would be greatly appreciated. TIA
narik
New survivor

Re: Scammed on facebook

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:28 pm

Eat, drink, go here, then sleep. http://blackmailscams.com follow all advice, and all questions answered there.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby narik » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:55 pm

He somehow got my number and trying to contact me through whatsapp and telegram which are based on number. What if he gets to a stage where he cannot contact me and he gets pissed off and sends the video so that i can contact him not to do that and i will pay. Did anyone face this scenario? I need some kind of support as I am unable to take it
narik
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:14 am

narik,

If you followed those steps you already know that anything used with the scammer can be considered compromised an never used again. Changing your email address and your phone number are part of the safety measures you need to adopt after such incidents.

The scenario you describe is similar with the "what if" stage almost all the victims of blackmail scam/sextortion are dealing with after the event happened. Try to read some posts here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4509 - people experiencing similar cases talk about the aftermath and how they managed to recover after being victims.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby narik » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:07 am

Hi Firefly,

Thanks for the reply. I have gone through the link you sent. In the cases you saw, did anyone report you that their videos were sent to their relatives/friends. I already sent them money. Will they still send the video? Do I have to alert my friends and relatives that they might see some spam video? Please guide me
narik
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:19 pm

narik,

I don't have a crystal ball to predict what a scammer will do or not. Based on previous experiences reported on our forum, as long as the scammer has no option to contact you he will move ahead searching for other victims. Be sure there is no way he can use to contact you again, be strong and wait. In the meantime try to reconsider your options about your online activities and learn how to protect yourself better while being online. Don't forget to report the case to your local police. Sending money to the scammer provides at least a clue about where those money were received and may lead to the scammer himself.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby narik » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:31 am

I really cannot forgive myself that i have done this. Every moment I am trying to forget this reminds me that this video might show up from nowhere and how embarrassing it will be. I have both anger and fear. Its been two days that I have not been contacted by them as I have left nothing to them to contact. But I know they have all my friends Facebook links and if they are going to share it, I might end up in depression but will try to find them with all proofs I have. I have gone through so much of pain these last three days and I am not able to eat/sleep
narik
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:19 am

narik,

Do not try looking for them, as they are most likely used fake names. Leave that part for the police.
I removed your other post in the scammer topic to further protect your identity, plus there is no gain in letting the scammer know he has you worried so much.

You have done all you can do at this point to deter him from continuing with you, so order a large pizza and get some sleep (works for me.) Not sleeping is not a very good recovery strategy and only makes you crazy.
Listen to podcast #11 while you eat it. http://scamsurvivors.com/podcasts
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby narik » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Thank you. Do i need to tell my frnds not to accept any fb frnd request with my name? The profile I reported looks genuine as they have posts from 2011 in their account and thats how I thought they are real.

I dont have an option to delete/edit my posts. Can you please delete my previous comment?
narik
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:56 pm

Do i need to tell my frnds not to accept any fb frnd request with my name?

That may be a good idea in your case as it is a filipino, and they tend to do that more.
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Next

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com