Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Wish i knew about this site before...kathy.barker.7739 on FB

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Wish i knew about this site before...kathy.barker.7739 on FB

Unread postby bruceb » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:22 pm

So it happened to me today. Been chatting with someone for a little while and we went on skype...turns out she recorded everything and well its not something that i would want recorded to be out there. Then she threatened to post it to my family and friends... and said that she needed me to vote for her on the "top bikini model". She said i first needed to sign up on multiple adult webchat sites and pay for the monthly memberships...

What doesnt make sense to me is that most cases i have read about is people asking for money straight up, if she wanted me to pay into these websites to vote...im confused and quite frankly very worried about this. I dont want this video surfacing anywhere or being sent to anyone i know...anyone have any ideas/input advice as to my situation??
i deleted my facebook, and skype accounts.

All the other topics here have helped ease my mind a little bit and the advice is great. I really appreciate everyone on here and what you all do for the community. i feel so stupid right now...

anythign else anyone can tell me to help out?? By the way the google alerts, how exactly do they work? i put in different alerts for my name and other key words, so when something surfaces with any of those key words i will be notified and can then have it taken down immediately?
bruceb
New survivor

Re: Wish i knew about this site before...

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:11 pm

If you followed all the advice here, you should be safe.
Online blackmail. Read this first. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580

But, others are not safe and cannot be warned until you post your scammer's details here.
Where did you meet? Do you have her profile there?
What are her FB, Skype EXACT profile names?
What websites did she want you to sign up to, EXACTLY? Please list them for us, if you can.
Please post this information right away.

Google alerts works the way it says on the website. If anything shows up posted on the web with the exact search terms you entered, you will get an email that contains a link to where it is posted. It is then up to you to do something with that website to have the information removed. We have some instructions for YouTube and a few others we have run into on how to get your information removed. If you have problems in getting anything removed, you may post your concern in this topic, or PM a moderator or the Admin.

If you actually did sign up to any memberships with a Credit Card, you should cancel your membership with the sites, and then have your bank change your credit card number. You do not want any criminals having your account number.

We will await the scammer details from you. Post as soon as you are able to, ok?
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby bruceb » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:59 am

ok the name on facebook was Cathy Barker

the skype name was cathy.princess

they wanted me to subscribe and pay for membership to sites such as : citysex.com hookup.com overnightlover.com

i dont understand how signing up for these sites would benefit this person...any input advice.. i need somethign to ease my mind im going insane thinkinga bout it adn losing sleep over this...
bruceb
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:19 am

Do you have "her" username on Facebook? Or one link to "her" profile on Facebook?
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:24 am

The scammer would benefit by not only making commissions on the sale at those sites, but would have memberships to use to scam other people with.

If you followed all the advice I gave you above, you should be safe. If you want to ease your mind, go read this topic, that was inspired by a worrying Blackmail Scammed guy a few months ago,
Closure. When will this all end? NEW! Coping Strategies!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4509

I'm sure reading this will help you to move ahead. :)
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby bruceb » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:27 am

thanks for the help and words of advice, i cant say im 100 % at ease though my situation may be a little different...

how long do you think before i can sleep soundly?? must be annoying getting questions over and over about the same thing. i mean for all i know the perp could have the video saved forever on his comp and could resurface at any time....

i would provide the link to the fb account but i blocked the person and suspended the account.
i guess now i just wait? see if the video gets posted??

is there a moderator or someone i can speak to privately here about my particular situation?? please let me know
bruceb
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:05 pm

The only other step you'd have to take compared to people who have money demands is to cancel the CC you used to join any sites.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:19 pm

If you want to chat with us, bruceb, you can find us in our chat room: http://www.scamsurvivors.com/chat/chat/flashchat.php.

Or, if you want to talk with one Mod, let him know by sending him one PM (private message). You have this option under your username.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: kathy.barker.7739

Unread postby firefly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:36 pm

On Facebook,
Cathy Barker aka kathy.barker.7739
Joined Facebook January 19, 2013.

I am a very funny and an interesting girl with a good sense of humor. As soon as I meet new people who are happy to meet me, I feel extremely comfortable with them. I believe that friendship is one of the most important values in human life. We exchange new ideas, find many interesting things about each other and experience new things. I appreciate friendship and people who surround me.. I may be young, but i live my life freely and with passion. i have gone through some tramatic things in my life and it has opened up my eyes. i realize life is too short, dont be anyone but yourself, and live every moment and second like its your last. God is an amazing god and has given me a life full of passion and excitement. I live everyday for him <3 My name is kathy .. i love to hang out with friends, go to church and be with my family and have a good time. i love my life and god has changed it for the better<3

Some of the pictures used:

According to "her" Facebook, "she" spend alot of time playing online games, "she" like few music groups and United States Marine Corps...
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: Wish i knew about this site before...kathy.barker.7739 o

Unread postby bruceb » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:01 pm

thanks for all the help and for putting up the info to warn others. So far havent heard anything else about my incident so keeping my fingers crossed.
bruceb
New survivor

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com