Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

My Scam Story

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

My Scam Story

Unread postby OBC » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:42 am

We met on a webcam chat site, but soon she/he asked me to add them on facebook so that we could do a video chat/call chat there. Soon after I see a video of a prerecorded girl stripping it convinced me that it was ok that I do the same. He/she then recorded it and threatened to send it to all my friends and family. I noticed on this site that it wasn't the first time this person has done this!

They went under the name Nathalie James on FB
They wanted 500 dollars
Sent to Western Union bank online
To the name of "el mehdi smyej"
In MOROCCO
The picture that was posted was a blonde girl...sorry I didn't have time to get the picture

I hope this helps!
OBC
New survivor

Re: My Scam Story

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:51 am

Website reported to have met scammer is camvoice.com.
Scammer FB also reported to be closed now.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:27 am

More info:
Scammers YouTube Account used for scamming.
Name Caly Stone
Date joined: January 19th, 2013
http:/ /www. youtube.com/channel/UCiVbPS2cG4cN2izow7uYwMA
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby firefly » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:30 pm

OBC,

do you have a link to "her" FB profile? Or "her" username on Facebook? If you do, can you post it, please?
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby OBC » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:56 pm

As soon as I deleted them as well as blocked them they deleted their face book, All I know is that it was under the name of Nathalie James. I ended up deactivating my face book, because I was so scarred at the moment!
OBC
New survivor

Unread postby jack » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:24 am

Please HELP!

I made also the same fault! But much more than you. I let him contact me on facebook. And for sure he copied all my data and friend data/family...

what can I do?

I already paid 700 euro cause I was so scared... He still got my full name, town, country, familydata... I really don't know what to do... BECAUSE

I changed name, blocked lots of my informations but he's back with a new account and want 300 again.

Now I know this will never end...
jack
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:28 am

Online blackmail. Read this first. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580

Please read that entire topic. Here are the main points in it:
DO NOT PAY THEM! They will only be back for more money over and over until you stop.
Unfriend them then Block them in FB, change your FB username and picture. Increase your privacy settings in FB. Block them in Skype. Put Google Alerts on your name, and report any videos to the host of the website to close them. Do not answer any unknown emails, delete them without opening them, and do not accept any new friend on skype or FB.

If any of the details that you have are different to what is posted here, please post them.
Many other victims can be warned, can be saved the hurt you experienced, or can get help here.

Please post all the scammer's details:
Where did you meet? What is the website?
What is scammer's FB account profile link? Not just the Name you see on the account, as many people can share the same name, but the profile link in the address bar, the URL.
What is scammer's EXACT Skype Profile name and details there? (Right-click mouse on her name in Skype.)
Who were you told to pay? Name, city, country?
any other details of scammer.
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby jack » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:36 am

I gonna post it, when its over, promise!

Should I go to the police? So he will broadcast my video for sure? Whats if my name got a little more famous and he find other ways to contact me?! shouldn't I delete my facebook accout?

What is google alert?
jack
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:45 am

Jack,

please, READ the topic. No matter what, don´t sent any other money.
Follow the steps there. When you finish, do not accept new requests in skype or Facebook from unknown person. In this way the scammer will not find you again.
IF the scammer is still in your list on Facebook, no matter how many changes you are doing, he will be able to find you again. After you delete and block your scammer in Facebook, replace your username there - it will change your URL for the profile and in this way the scammer will not find you using the old link for your profile.
Google Alert is just for you - a way to check if your name is posted online. If is, Google will let you know, and you can report the video to the host asking to be deleted. to know how to do that, you need to read the link posted by SlapHappy above.

And reporting the details about the scammer is important: in this wasted time, the scammer sure has other victims and those victims can be saved if the details are posted.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby jack » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:50 am

I read the post, and will follow.

I'm not his friend! He send me an invitation with a new name and texted me.

I already changed my name! So he must have enough information (family names) to find me again!

again:

should i go to the police?

should I delete my facebook account?
jack
New survivor

Next

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com