Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

I think you are putting the victim at risk

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

I think you are putting the victim at risk

Unread postby Victimofscam » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:07 am

What if it is too soon for u to do that? What if she wasn't going to post the video but now with a simple search of her name she finds an article putting her on blast the same day of the attack giving her the ability to sort out or figure out which victim reported her. What if that triggers her anger and blasts the video to all the victims friends and family? It's pretty dangerous don't u think?
Victimofscam
New survivor

Re: I think you are putting the victim at risk

Unread postby firefly » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:15 am

Well, wrong.

First, because the scammer has no idea who report him. Playing the same game with more victims in the same day dont help also.
Second, because if the information is posted, other victims can be saved.
Third, because if the victim protect himself like he/she is adviced to do here, he/she will be saved.
Last but not least, not a single one from the person arrived here as victims in this type of scam who done all the steps we adviced to do, have experienced the situation to see the video posted after that. If you read the advice topic about this type of scam, you will understand why.

We understand how a victim feel - some of us are former scam victims.
But being a scam-victim, if you really need to regain the control of your life, you need to do something about that.
By reporting your scammer you will not just help other potential victims, but you will help yourself, removing the fear who allow the scammer to control you.
Being over-protective with yourself is good. But being over-protective with the scammer, just because you made a mistake and you are to coward to admit it, is not a excuse. Special when this action can damage other potential victims...
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:48 am

Victimofscam,

I'm sorry to hear that you were scammed. If you are still in the midst of the scam and have not yet read,
nor taken our advice posted here, I strongly urge you to act on it as soon as possible to reduce more risks to yourself.

I'm afraid that you have the wrong ideas about how these blackmail guys operate. We have spent almost a year now working with blackmail victims, in addition to our overall staff knowledge of over 15 years dealing with all kinds of scammers. We know what we are talking about, and the many posts here bear out the truth of our advice here with feedback from hundreds of the victims who reported their scams. If you do not believe me, I suggest you read the topic here.

Our main advice is posted here:
Online blackmail. Read this first. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580

Please read that entire topic. Here are the main points in it:
DO NOT PAY THEM! They will only be back for more money over and over until you stop.
Block them in FB, change your FB username and picture. Increase your privacy settings in FB. Block them in Skype. Put Google Alerts on your name, and report any videos to the host of the website to close them. Do not answer any unknown emails, delete them without opening them, and do not accept any new friend on skype or FB.

If any of the details that you have are different to what is posted here, please post them.
Many other victims can be warned, can be saved the hurt you experienced, or can get help here.

Other "evidence" you might want to read to be convinced besides reading the many individual scammer posts are these two:

Have been Blackmailed, what do I do?
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1242

Have been Blackmailed, what do I do? - part 2
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5023

If you have any other questions not answered in the main topic about what to do now, post them here or come to our chatroom to talk about them. We are always willing to answer questions from members here.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Victimofscam » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:00 am

Thank you <3
Victimofscam
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:37 am

You are welcome. And you are safe here posting only the scammer's details now that you have followed our advice already. We never post or allow victim information to be posted here. This scammer, as do most scammers have a dozen or more victims a day that they are talking to Right Now. You are not the only victim who has suffered or is suffering now from this guy, Posting their details here does not endanger you anymore, as he would have no idea who posted them. but not posting them does endanger all the others.
They need the details posted so that they can find out they are being scammed, and where to get help.

I strongly urge you to do the right thing, like all the other victims who have come here for help and posted their scammer to save others. They are now feeling the same things you felt, do not know what to do, and are seeking help. Please, give them the help that they need, Victimofscam.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby duped » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Hi Victim

These guys on , here are brilliant , just do as they say ,they helped me and i have had no problem since . Guys you are brill all of you , :-)
duped
Junior survivor

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com