Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

FB cassi.emery.50 Skype ID cassi.emry

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

FB cassi.emery.50 Skype ID cassi.emry

Unread postby foolishGuy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:51 am

First of all the website has helped me so much in dealing with the situation, so thankyou all. I have one question which I am not sure of. When can I come out of hiding my online self?

I have deactivated my Facebook account, blocked them on Skype and removed a couple of details that were on there and generally tried to scrub my online presence from Google. My incident happened within about half an hour from meet to blackmail, I acted out of normal behavior like giving out my name because I'm not in a very good place atm.

What I came to ask though is: Is this the end of having anything public with my face on because they keep records and check for people every once in a while or can I assume in 3 months time it may be safe just to have stuff super private?
foolishGuy
New survivor

Re: When can I come out of hiding?

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:11 am

You are overestimating the scammer, and think he will chase a non-paying victim who they cannot contact. They do not, as it makes no business sense to them. After a week or so, activating your profile that has a changed username and pictures, locked down private and friends only, no friends of friends, should be fine.
They are probably gone already. The fact that they actually sent it to one person is surprising, but you may have acted like you would pay but talking and begging too much or or too long or maybe daring them?

Now that they are blocked and profile is deactivated, they will move to others to scare into paying.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Re: When can I come out of hiding?

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:18 am

foolishGuy,

Please put those scammer details back up. The scammer has many other victims who need them. They try to scam many people a day and most drop them and do not pay. The scammer has no idea which victim posted about him, as you shared no personal details of yours here. Other victims will be hurt if you do not repost them.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Re: FB cassi.emery.50 Skype ID cassi.emry

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:11 am

Details of scammer, reposted.

I met them on Chatroulette, first "she" said she didn't have Skype, then she wanted things to progress to face book, I obliged by posting a link to my page, then she said it didn't work and so she "set-up" Skype. We went on video chat on Skype and did stuff for a minute or two then that's when she blackmailed me. She posted the names of 8 friends and said I had to pay her right that moment, I didn't (couldn't even if I had wanted to) which i said, I had deactivated my face book account by that point. Then she said she would post it immediately to one of my friends. I then blocked her, removed my details and quit Skype. I later found out that she did post it to the friend she named but from what I can tell only a link to a file "firstnameonly".mp4 and a smiley face. This was a bit of a relief since most of my friends wouldn't open unknown links from unknown people (I can only hope). Also she doesn't appear to have posted it to everyone because at least one other person that she named has not received anything so I am hoping that will be the full extent of posting to people?

Her name on Skype is cassi.emry from "France" but I know that is easily changed on skype and she was a tall-ish slim blonde. I have not reported her as to instructions but I did notice that after I blocked her her display picture changed on skype. My friend says the message on face book is from "Cassi Emery", "Cassi" has about 15 friends and say they go to oxford uni, live in France, but I couldn't find her.

I have removed all things linking my name to my face but I cannot remove everything relating to my name from Google. She knew nothing except my face book page but would she have written down a lot of details from that to try to find out my details some other way? (my email or phone number or anything weren't on there so don't worry about those)

EDIT: cassi.emery.50 must be her face book profile. Also I obviously don't want action linked to me incase they then have some bigger motive against me and then decide to go full scale... but I know that is the fear inside me talking
====

Skype name: Cassi Emry
Skype ID: cassi.emry
Birth Date: Sunday, January 01, 1989
Language: French

Skype avatar picture.

FB cassi.emery.50

FB avatar picture:

SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby firefly » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:39 am

On Facebook,
Cassi Emery aka cassi.emery.50
Worked at Shoping fashion at home
Studied at University of Oxford
Lives in Paris, France
Female
Joined December 25, 2012

The image is used on few Morocco free chat sites since 2009, with the name imane emo.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby foolishGuy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:32 am

Hey, sorry I removed some of the post, I went to sleep after posting it. I was worried that if the scammer saw this they might know who I am from the situation as I described it. That is just me being overly cautious.
foolishGuy
New survivor

Unread postby foolishGuy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:34 pm

Is it okay to post a detailed explanation of the situation I was in? I'm fine with the name but a quick google search of "her" name now brings up this post and what if they can guess who I am from certain parts of the story? btw this happened a few days ago.
foolishGuy
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:18 pm

The scammers can be working a dozen or so people a day, so there's no way to be sure who posted what here for them. Feel free to post anything you have on them.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com