Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Recently blackmailed/scammed

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Recently blackmailed/scammed

Unread postby Victim » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Hi, I was recently blackmailed/scammed via Skype. I had started talking with someone on chatango who then asked me to skype with her for "some fun". I had talked with others on chatango, and have had no issues with people until now. I am ashamed to say that I had, in a low time in my life recently, exposed myself via webcam. It was the first time I had done so, and will be the last to. Before I had gone on cam I was asked to link her to my facebook, I received no friend request, so she was never listed as a friend. after I had gone on cam our entire conveersation, as well as the video of me was reposted and I was told that unless I sent $100 it would be sent to all of my contacts on facebook. she then messaged me with the links to everyone who was a friend on facebook. I have since blocked her and reported her skype name and reported her on Chatango, stating that it was a blackmail/scam account. I have also increased my security on Facebook and messaged all of my facebook contacts stating to ignore anything with my name in the subject or sender fields until I make my new account and contact them again. I was never called or e-mailed about it... YET. I have set up the google alerts, and have begun to perform routine web searches for my name and information, as well as youtube video searches. I can not recall if there was a link posted from her skype messages to the video. Is there anything else I should do to ensure the video does not surface or get sent to my friends and family?

...I have also recently found out that someone I used to know was also blackmailed and scammed by this person and had attempted suicide because of the threats. these people are scum and should be stopped and taken out,
Victim
New survivor

Re: Recently blackmailed/scammed

Unread postby Victim » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:14 pm

... Also, the only information I ever had was her Skype name, which was:

samanthaangeles21
Victim
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:05 pm

I've just done a check and the Skype name comes up as nonexistent. Can you recheck it for us to be sure if it's spelled correctly or if it's already been shut down? Other than that, it seems you've been doing the right thing by blocking them and altering your security settings.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby Victim » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:59 pm

the spelling is correct, I am unable to find "her" on skype anymore either, and "her" chatango account is still around though.
Victim
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Skype name angeles.samantha1

Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com