Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

I believe I am about to blackmailed - HELP

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

I believe I am about to blackmailed - HELP

Unread postby scaredformylife » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:59 am

I am not sure where to turn. Everyone I know would be so disappointed in me if I told them the scam that I believe I am a victim of. I dont even think my therapist would be able to look at me - not because of what I could be blackmailed for, but just the complete stupidity of exposing myself. I don't have a wife, or kids, but a career that I love, and no room for error.

I have not been blackmailed yet, but I believe it will be coming any moment now. I cannot sleep, I cannot eat, I do not know what to do.

I am afraid of posting too many details here, b/c I am unsure if the scammers read these boards, and I don't want to entice them anymore, or give them anymore leverage. But after a the tiniest bit of research, that I am smart enough to do and can't believe that I didn't do before engaging in this activity, is a pretty common internet dating site blackmail scam/sextortion.

I need help. Can someone please help me.

I will add - I am happy to let someone respected in this community know all the details behind the scam and the scammer, I just don't want to post too much here, b/c it is too soon.

The scammer knows who I am, and has incriminating photos. I dont know what to do.
scaredformylife
New survivor

Re: I believe I am about to blackmailed - HELP

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:13 am

First calm down. I deleted your other post in the other section. No need to post twice here, ok?
First of all, just do not say a word more to them. If they did not ask for money and you do not give them an opportunity to reach you, you CANNOT get scammed. Please read our main topic here, and follow the advice there. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580

Scammers have many more victims than just you, and if you post no details about yourself, which we never allow here, they will not know it is YOU. Scammers rarely look at these boards for themselves, as they are too busy scamming others.

If you do not post details of the scam, how can we help you then? And how can others be warned?
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:15 am

You may send the details in a PM to me if you wish, and in the meantime, please read the topic that I posted above.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby Ruffled Feathers » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:24 am

SlapHappy is right, we need you to post and tell your details

You need to take a minute for to take a deep breath, you will be OK, the site is here to help you and everything SlapHappy has told you will help you through this.

Come to the chat room, we can also help you there

RF
A scammer is only as good as the fear he creates.
Ruffled Feathers
Senior survivor

Unread postby scaredformylife » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

I pmed slaphappy a bunch of the details. I have to meet my sister for dinner. but afterwards will come back to the site. I began reading the forum, and will continue to do so when I return from dinner.

and can help provide more info if necessary.

I cant tell you how much I appreciate the help. Just a non-judgemental person to listen means the world.
scaredformylife
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:47 am

Enjoy your dinner. Everything will be fine. :)
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby scaredformylife » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:24 am

Technically it's been a week tonight. Still nothing, though they are blocked, so i wouldn't know it if they tried.

Starting to rest a little easier. Still don't feel great about the fact that i sent those pictures, and that they are out there, but I certainly learned a valuable lesson, and maybe, I may have dodged a more serious bullet, had it not happened, and i didn't find this place.

I will always be thankful for this forum, it was the only place I could turn this week.
scaredformylife
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:08 am

Hello, scaredformylife,

glad our site was helpful.
Some of us learn on hard ways. Remember, you are the one who can do what is need for his own safety. We are here just to show you the way.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby confusedguy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:08 am

Scaredforlife,
I am in the same boat you was in. It's been 3 or so days since I have spoke to my blackmailer(literally just happened to me 3 days ago) and I havent heard nothing about it. Thanks for your post, I see it as encouragement that maybe these low lifes move on with out acting through their threats. I hope and pray to Jesus they do.
confusedguy
Junior survivor

Unread postby duckhunter » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:39 am

Hi confusedguy. So sorry you've been scammed.

In almost every case scammers 'blast' as many targets as they can, day in day out ... hoping to reap a large number of potential victims. If they can manage to extort money through your fear they will -- it's how the game works ... but those like who stand strong actually become 'work', which these guys don't really care to involve themselves in.

Doesn't mean that the odd one won't push the penny ... but every minute and hour and day that goes by that you don't pay or acknowledge his threats makes you less important to him. The world is a big place and there are many many people who are unaware of the dangers of the internet .. so chances are that he will move on.
"It is good to see what is beautiful, but you must also observe the ugly things ... you must be awake to everything ... you must be exposed to things which you don't quite understand, for the more you ponder over these matters which may be difficult for you, the greater will be your capacity to live richly." Krishnamurti.
duckhunter
Insert funny custom rank here.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com