Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

sophie.laurent11@live.fr

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

sophie.laurent11@live.fr

Unread postby monkey2000 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:21 am

I was just scammed and almost blackmailed tonight.

A woman chatted me up on chatroulette. I could see her move and smile. She asked to be friends on Facebook. I friend requested her. She asked to see my body. I showed it to her. She then told me she had recorded a video of my body and was going to send it to all my friends unless I sent her 200 ($, i assume). I immediately blocked her on Facebook.

She spent an hour or two pressing me to give her money. She pasted names of my friends from Facebook into the chat one by one saying they would all be sent the video. She wanted me to send her 200 via Western Union. Eventually it occurred to me I didn't know HOW she would send my friends the video. I asked for emails as proof many times and received no concrete reply. After a while her threats became less and less convincing. I knew I shouldn't send her money. She'd probably only ask for more.

Over the course of the conversation, I was given the following information (may all be fake):
Name: Sophie Carrera
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sophie.carrera.39
Chatroulette: Sophie3330
Phone: 0212618182478
Email: sophie.laurent11@live.fr

I saved screen shots of some of the chat and a text file of all of the chat log. Let me know if there's anything else you need.
Last edited by firefly on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: email adress into subject matter
monkey2000
New survivor

Re: Chatroulette scam

Unread postby Wayne » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:44 pm

The photo seems to be everywhere, but with no name.

This may be the origin of the photos.
http://s0-dreams58.skyrock.com/
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby Wayne » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:17 pm

Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne

Unread postby monkey2000 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:04 pm

This is the photo I saw when "she" shut off her camera.
monkey2000
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:05 pm

monkey2000,

Do you have the name of the person that you were told to pay, and any address to send it to?

You may send me the screen shots and chat log by PM only, please. Click the "PM" button under my name, and post there. I do not want any of your personal information from the chat posted in the open on the forum, and I will edit it and only post scammer words and details here.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby monkey2000 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:28 pm

SlapHappy wrote:Do you have the name of the person that you were told to pay, and any address to send it to?

I've posted all the information I have. She sent me the link to Western Union, told me to make an account, and let her know when I had. I never went there, so I never found out what she would say once I had. The name and email she gave is in my original post.

This morning, nothing has happened yet. No emails or calls from friends or family. My face book is deactivated, so I have no way of checking that.
monkey2000
New survivor

Re: sophie.laurent11@live.fr

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:46 pm

Ok, so you were not given the name of a different person to send the money to or where before you stopped talking to her?

Please make sure to stay silent and follow the advice in this main topic: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580 They will move on soon. Thanks for your posts.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby monkey2000 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:30 pm

One article linked to from here suggested that I do NOT deactivate any compromised accounts, rather I simply block the user(s) and leave the account(s) active.

In my case, she got me to friend her on face book. She then claims to have "stolen my information". I blocked her and deactivated my account. I do not know what information she may have.

Thoughts?
monkey2000
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:57 pm

The reason why it's said not to deactivate their accounts is that, when people google their details they can find them easier if the account is still active and listed on sites like this. If you close the account, they simply come back with a new account with different details and all the search engine hits are rendered moot.
Wayne

Unread postby monkey2000 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:12 pm

Wayne wrote:The reason why it's said not to deactivate their accounts is that, when people google their details they can find them easier if the account is still active and listed on sites like this. If you close the account, they simply come back with a new account with different details and all the search engine hits are rendered moot.

Oh. Deactivate THEIR account. I'm sorry... I did send a report to Facebook about the user. I can only assume it will result in account deactivation.

I thought people were saying I should not deactivate MY account.
monkey2000
New survivor

Next

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com