Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scammed on Skype

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Scammed on Skype

Unread postby Dexter36 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:05 pm

Like so many stories on here I was stupid enough to get caught in a moment on Skype after meeting a girl in a chat room and then the dreaded message came up that all my friends and family would be contacted and a video of myself on a facebook link was sent to me on IM. I didn't know anything about this type of scam and panicked like so many do, after squabbling with this person on Skype for about half hour I decided I couldn't risk the video being put on facebook and agreed to pay £300 via Union Western.

The money was picked up the next day and I thought that would be it (I've no idea yet how to explain why I transferred £300 out of my account to my wife yet, but that's a different story), but I've received another mail stating that they expect the same next month and will be emailing me on 13th January.

From reading these forums (and I wish I had earlier) it would seem that these are empty threats, so should I just ignore any further mails from this person? Just for info the girl was called Karla Collins and has a Skype and Hotmail account in that name.
Dexter36
New survivor

Re: Scammed on Skype

Unread postby Wayne » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:56 pm

Have you followed the steps at viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580 yet? You need to block and report as we explain there. Can you post up the scammer's email address and Skype name? To get that you need to right click their profile. You'll find it has no spaces in it.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com