Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

jiji.jojo.9028194 on Facebook

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Katty Taylor on face book

Unread postby firefly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:16 am

One new victim met the scammer on chatrandom. The blackmailed occured 24 hours ago. The money request - £200 - was for Morocco, receiver name was Ali. Bernoussi Ghebbouri. the victim paid to find out the scammer is back demanding a new payment.

i live in the xxxand i only just discovered this site today and it's nice to know I'm not alone. Like others I exposed myself on cam to who i thought was a female, added them on fb and they demanded money - stupidly I paid, after they demanded more; the police came round and advised me to sever all contact with the party, I'm just very worried about the video getting out

the facebook name is Katty Taylor

The victim received the needed support to deal with the problem.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: jiji.jojo.9028194 on face book

Unread postby Ohbu99er » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi,

I was also caught out by this scammer the other night after a few drinks and stupidly in my panic paid, though I told them I didn't have the money they requested and in the end paid half. I'm not sure what I should do. I've changed all my FB privacy settings and the associated email address. I was caught out via Skype (they got hold of my email) and didn't realise my FB friend list was still public (was sure I'd changed it, thanks FB). I've heard nothing more from them and have blocked them on Skype. They did not get into my actual FB account, just at my friends list. Have reported the url of the video (which is currently private) to Youtube.

I have a record of all the information they gave for the payment and the conversation where they blackmailed me.

Big life lesson learned I think but I just want to be able to draw a line under the whole thing. What can I do?

Feel so stupid :oops:
Ohbu99er
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:40 pm

It sounds like you've done all the right things to block the scammer. Just be sure to keep them blocked and keep a watch for any instances of your name popping up by using Google alerts. Also, please be sure to post up any details on the scammer that aren't already here. Thanks.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby Ohbu99er » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:46 am

Thanks Wayne. I have set up Google Alerts as you suggest. There seem to be a lot of people out there on Google who share my name.

Can't tell you how much I appreciate what's been put together on this forum. I couldn't sleep after the initial event and spent the whole day unable to think about anything else but the advice here has helped me to relax and deal with it. I still feel stupid for stumping up even a small amount in the first place but I guess what's done is done.

I can't add much more info on what you already have. Their Skype user name is Katty Taylor, supposedly from Paris. The WU name is Ali Bernoussi Ghebbouri, in Morocco. There was no security question so it may well be they are using some form of ID?

Met on chatrandom, the girl on webcam looked early 20s, dark shoulder-length hair and possibly Hispanic. Stolen footage I think.

Many thanks.
Ohbu99er
New survivor

Previous

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com