Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

help me please

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

help me please

Unread postby mattbndr » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:58 am

Hi, I'm looking for advice of a situation i have. I feel stupid for this but i was camming someone and found out they were fake and im being blackmailed for the video recording?

all they have from me is my phone # and email, and friended on facebook but I set my privacy to complete off so no one can post on my profile. right now.
haven't blocked yet but will.

but what else should i do. well first thing that they didn't prove that they showed the video nor show any links to my friends. so you guys think they're scaring me? to pay for accounts? cause I've already cancelled one. and will be cancelling another tomorrow when the phone service is available.
mattbndr
New survivor

Re: help me please

Unread postby timmy01 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:21 pm

read the blackmail scams/sextortion FAQ and read my post in 'tell your story' - do not pay anything or have any contact whatsover, please read the information provided here, follow it and nothing will come of this.

t01
timmy01
New survivor

Re: help me please

Unread postby firefly » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:50 pm

Hello, mattbndr.

Best thing to to: read, please, this topic: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580

Block the scammer in every place used online with him, DONT PAY and dont reply at any messages sent by this one. Change your online profiles used with the scammer - different username, more privacy, no picture with your face, no real life details anymore.
Report the scammer here, to help us to identify the stolen pictures used and to help other potential victims searching to find how to get out from the same situation.
We need: screen-name on the adult/dating site used by the scammer, email adress, pictures (family friendly only), phone numbers, the destination for the money delivery. If you dont want to post them, please, try to send those details by PM to one Moderator or Admin.

So long you stop ALL communication with the scammer you will be safe.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com