Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Facebook: Sarah Rives, sarah.rives.77

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Re: face book: Sarah Rives, sarah.rives.77

Unread postby Was a fool » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:17 pm

My story is much the same. Was on funyo (chatroulette style thing) met a girl who offered to show more if we went on Skype. Added her and then she recorded me and posted on Youtube. Happened around 7 to 8 months ago now but still really anxious. Before I even found this site I think I did all the right things.

He / she sent me the link and demanded money (around $800 dollars I think) at this point I quit the conversation and blocked her on Skype and then deleted. I then deleted all my social media accounts (except Facebook which I’ve locked down completely.) He/ she said before I blocked that they would send link to video to Facebook contacts (although I’d not communicated with them anywhere else except Skype and they didn’t give me any of their names!)

I logged off that night and found the video about a day and a half later still on Youtube with about 6 views. I flagged it then and it got taken down. When it got taken down the account also got suspended.

I know it sounds stupid, but I’m really worried about this resurfacing. I’ve set up Google alerts for my name and to date nothing (as far as I can see) has reappeared.

I know it’s been a while now but do you think I’m ok? I seem to get drawn to Google every day now to check my name and see if something has appeared.

The details of the scammer were as per this thread...
Was a fool
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:02 pm

8 months ago and nothing more? Time to move on. You have given them too much time and energy in needless worries.
The chances of any peep from them, and the existence of the video are nil. ZERO.

Go read this topic, and listen to podcast 11, an interview with a blackmailed survivor, and a member of our site.

Closure. When will this all end? NEW! Coping Strategies!
http://www.scamsurvivors.com/forum/view ... f=3&t=4509

Podcast #11

Topic in forum:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1370&start=30#p26487

Podcast page:
http://scamsurvivors.com/podcasts Scroll down to number 11.

On Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 8FkBcOVgjY
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Was a fool » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:15 am

Thanks Slaphappy,

Have there been any cases where the scammers threats have been carried out and the video sent on?

What are the chances that the video still exists on the scammers PC?

Sorry I'm sure you get these (or similar) questions all the time but just trying to get some piece of mind so I can move on...

Thanks again. This forum is a wonderful place. :-)
Was a fool
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:17 am

In the probably 1500 cases we've dealt with this year, there have been about 3 times the scammer has sent the video. That should give you an idea of how rare it is. As for keeping the files - we're not seeing that happen, but of course things may change in the future.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby Was a fool » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:44 pm

Thanks Wayne.

Would it be safe to assume that these three were people who continued to communicate with their scammer?
Was a fool
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:51 pm

It´s good to know that even those unwanted situations were resolved and the former victims are safe now.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Previous

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com