Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Chatroulette girl demands money within half an our

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Chatroulette girl demands money within half an our

Unread postby Piper88 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:57 pm

My boyfriend went onto chatroulette today and came across a girl flashing her boobs en playing with them. He played with himself (I know :twisted: ) and then she asked him to add him onto facebook wich he did. Then she wanted money otherwise she'd send the video to all his fb friends. She also uploade it to youtube but it was private. If we didnt pay she'd make it public. We went to the police and I reported it on fb and youtube. She has no account anymore now.

Her 'name' was Alexandra Wesmer (stated she went to school in Montréal), but her english wasnt that great. Profilepicture on fb was a blonde in polkadot bikini (prob fake to).

I've read some stories from people here who had the same experience as he did so maybe its the same person. If you want to compare or something like that you can send a private message.

Oh when I replied to her we were on our way to the police she deleted us and blocked us, she tracked our ip and wanted us to pay with western union and suggested 5places in our city to go to.
Piper88
New survivor

Re: Chatroulette girl demands money within half an our

Unread postby Wolx » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:03 pm

Smart person, the scammer. You guys, even though you did what came out of instinct: protect your own interests, I also did the same and I probably set someone dangerous loose. Although I don't think so, these people are good at what they do so I wouldn't be surprised if they have about 10 "disposable" one-use accounts. In effect, we have done little to stop these scammers.
Wolx
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Piper88,

please read this topic: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=66948.

Sorry to hear your friend is blackmailed. Better thing to do is to stop all contacts with the scammer, NEVER SEND MONEY because the scammer will be back aksing for more and to report the fake profile used (not close the fake profile used).
Do you have some details about this scammer? Picture, email adress, screen name on Skype or adult site, anything? If you do, can you post them, please? "Her" Facebook profile dont exist anymore, so long you report it and is deleted, and we need "her" details in case "she" play same game with other. Every detail reported about one scammer can save other potential victims, before to be too late.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:38 pm

Wolk,

about
we have done little to stop these scammers.

If you talk just for you, is okay. If not, please, dont try to judge other person efforts in this area. You are able to post here just because someone has done something about and just for this reason you are aware now about the danger...
This site has done everything possible to stop the scammers. Starting with contacts with the adult sites and educate their users and ending with contacting real persons whose stolen pictures are used in scam. You can find their messages on the site, if you try to spend some time reading before to jump at conclusions. Not to mention hours spent in the chat room, talking with the blackmail victims and helping them to deal with this problem.

The scammers are not smart, are lucky. Lucky because they can find victims every time when they open one online connection.
No one can stop the scammers, so long online are enough people willing to take the risk and to put themselvs in a vulnerable position. Education is the only way to stop this. But to know about scammers you must learn about them, learning also how you can protect yourself better online and avoid to expose yourself.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby Wolx » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:46 pm

that's true Firefly. I am just saying from an occasional bystander now that I know the danger, that it's more than likely that these people are indeed using one-use data (sort of like when people used to blackmail with about 7 different one-use phones to keep their victims on their toes) and it does raise awareness about this type of scam, which is what is needed in order to stop it (they would have not resorted to being more humane if scams were easy to develop in the first place). I do need to do more research, you're right, but so far those are the conclusions I have arrived from the analysis of what you said plus my own experience with computers. And I was certainly not talking in general, as this is not a generalized basis, I mean in my own specific case I may be dealing with a wily blackmailer but it could also be, as you say, a lucky shot.

I do appreciate your efforts guys in raising awareness, I am just thinking about why this type of scam has not been able to be successfully put down yet, and it probably has to do with the easeness of making new data to scam out of online, not only on the exposing/deleting data side, but also on the wily side.
Wolx
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Actually the reason the scam will never be beaten is the fact that the scammers are able to hide their true identity. They use throwaway email accounts, untraceable phone numbers, stolen photos and made up names, plus they operate from internet cafes with no hard evidence they were at the computer when the messages were sent. Add to that the fact these people are in different countries, making it close to impossible for the law enforcement agencies to do anything and you have people who are free to do as they please with practically no repercussions.

It's important to point out too that all the advice we give here is based on hundreds of hours of talk with people who were scammed in our chat room as well as the years of experience (7 in my case) in dealing with online scams. Everything we say would have already been discussed at length, not just by us but often by others on other antiscam sites as well. For example, closing accounts not only out-dates any information posted on sites but also damages any investigations that may be going on by law agencies that you'd be completely unaware of. So please, when we say the best option is to do a certain thing, believe us that there are very good reasons why we say it.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com