Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

scammers abusing stolen photos of SarahS

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Re: scammers abusing stolen photos of SarahS

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:10 pm

How are you getting messages from them? If you followed our advice and blocked them everywhere, then they cannot get through to you.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby halrob5 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:35 pm

i have to ignore the emails, even if they are sent to spam, or trash. I still see them.
halrob5
New survivor

Unread postby halrob5 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:55 pm

Just got one email from the first person who wanted money. It had been nearly 2 days. I'm mainly writing here, because it takes everything i have not to just tell them to do it. So i'm venting that desire here instead. 2 days ago they said there were going to publish if i didn't send the money, now they are saying the same thing right now. Part of me just wants to say do it and get it over with. I almost find their relentless attempts humorous, but the fact that they haven't followed through and still attempting the same threat shows that they are in a weaker position.
halrob5
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Report the emails received as spam without to open them. This will prevent to receive other emails and in the same time the scammer will not see you have open the emails.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:04 pm

Be smart. STOP THE CONTACT. And looking at the emails is still CONTACT. Do not open them, as they know when you do and thus continue to harass you. And do not confront them!!
Many victims can get hurt, and the details posted here will be worthless.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby halrob5 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:51 pm

i don't think gmail works that way, i created a filter for their email address, Skip the inbox; delete it; never mark as important; exclude from SmartLabel Categorization. However it still shows up in the spam folder, and if i choose never send to spam, it shows up in trash. But i still have to manually delete them. I've reported them as Spam but still get them in that folder.
halrob5
New survivor

I am being black mailed by a girl on Skype

Unread postby totalyhumiliated » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:14 am

Hello, Yesterday evening 3/4/2013 I was on an adult dating site chatting and this girl ask me to download skype. Since I didnt have it I downloaded it. She ask me my user name so she could add me. Her user name is Naomi Farr. Anyway we cahtted for a while and ask her for a photo. She inturn ask me for my email address and I told her to just send it thru skype, she said she didnt know how to. Ultimatly I gave her my email addy. She said it didn't go thru,and ask if I wanted to see her. I said yes. She told me to invite her to video chat. I did, and withen a short time she started to get naked, then she told me to get naked as well, I did. After 4 or 5 miniutes her cam shut off she said she had software issues & I belived it. She then said can I ask a favor, I need a small sum of money like a $100 or so. I said that I didn't have it to spare. She then said she had her camera fixed and ask if I wanted to see her again, I said definatly. Well a video popped up an it was me in all my glory. She said I will send it to everyone in you email contacts if you do not western union me $500 dollars. I told her that I was strapped and could not come up with it for a few days. To make a long story short I talked her down to $100, she told me to send it to Jherald Mendez in the Phillippines or she was going to send the video. I did send her the money, she told me after it was reiceved she would delete the video. Well Jherald got the money and she told me that she deleted the video and we were done, not to contact her or for her to contact me also. Tonight sehe has started harrasing me again saying she wants her other $400 dollars I told her that it would take a day or two to get it. she gave me untill tomorrow night to western union the money and said that she would meet me to give me the video or she was going to hand deliver the video to my mother. What in the world do I do now? I am to the point now Im getting mad that I am helpless.
totalyhumiliated
New survivor

Re: I am being black mailed by a girl on Skype

Unread postby DDT1 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:15 am

There is loads of really good advice on here, there is a thread with all the info you need about blackmail of this kind.

But basically block this person from contacting you, make sure there is not way of them getting in touch. If this means deleting accounts, blocking phone numbers. You need to cut all ties, if they can't speak to you then you are no longer any use to them. Do not even think about paying them, they will always come back for more.

It's all about them making quick money, this person will have multiple victims everyday. They won't waste time sending the video as they would rather spend that time reeling in another potential victim. If you follow all the advice on here and make sure they cannot speak to you to try and scare you then it will all blow over.

Don't tell them you are going to block them, in fact don't say another word to them just cut all ties straight away. It will blow over and you'll soon forget about it. A similar thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago so I know what it is like.
DDT1
Junior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Online blackmail. Read this first. http://www.scamsurvivors.com/forum/view ... f=20&t=580

Please read that entire topic. Here are the main points in it:
DO NOT PAY THEM! They will only be back for more money over and over until you stop.
Unfriend them then Block them in FB, change your FB username and picture. Increase your privacy settings in FB. Block them in Skype. Put Google Alerts on your name, and report any videos to the host of the website to close them. Do not answer any unknown emails, delete them without opening them, and do not accept any new friend on skype or FB.

Please post all the scammer's details:
Where did you meet? What is the website?
What is scammer's FB account profile link? Not just the Name you see on the account, as many people can share the same name, but the profile link in the address bar, the URL.
What is scammer's EXACT Skype Profile name and details there? (Right-click mouse on her name in Skype.)
Who were you told to pay? Name, city, country?
any other details of scammer.

Many other victims can be warned, can be saved the hurt you experienced, or can get help here, ok?
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby 911 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:09 am

totalyhumiliated wrote: I am to the point now Im getting mad that I am helpless.

First off I want to tell you to talk all communication with the blackmailer, because they out just to get more and more money until they clean out your bank account. Block the blackmailer on Skype, and on facebook, and also make sure that you go to private setting on Skype to make sure no one can contact you on Skype or see your friend unless they are in your friend list.
Junior survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com