Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

My Story-I beat my scammer

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

My Story-I beat my scammer

Unread postby ScamBeater » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:02 am

Hello everyone,

Let me begin by apologising, I have not read the forum guidelines,but I felt it important to post my story here, and hopefully,it will help some people beat a scammer of their own !

Firstly, I fell for the old chatroulette cam trick, and while I'm ashamed to admit it, I was going through a time when I was suffering from some serious self esteem issues,which made me vulnerable to lapses in judgement.
This encounter happened on chatroulette some time in late June of this year, and I was tricked by an attractive young woman into exposing myself myself on a webcam, and then was added by her on facebook. The name was Dalinda Afaf, and the account may still be active. The woman,who is actually a man, then proceeded to post the clip on youtube under my name and sent me a list of names on facebook from my friendlist threatening to send the clip to them. I was told to pay by western union to a Yassine Binahla in Morocco the sum of 600euro. Now I had no intention of doing any such thing,and neither could I afford to ! Despite some initial panic, I came up with this solution that help me beat my scammer...Now before I continue, I must say that I may have gotten lucky in this situation,but maybe if you follow these steps I took, you may be able to beat your scammer !

1. The scammer's anomynity is their weapon...but dont forget,they lied to you on the internet...dont be afriad to lie back ! I decided to spin the scammer a story about being broke and argued the price down to 90euro installments,to be paid weekly. during the time of the conversation, I made my friend list invisble to everyone but myself,then began to delete all my friends.

2.The scammer gave me 4 hours to pay, but i lied and told him that it was too late for a western union to be open, and all the while began to offer fake pleas for mercy and playing to his ego. I was given a day to pay 240euros. then,once i had deleted all my friends, i made note of the ones in the chat message from the scammer,and contacted them by email and phone call explaining that my computer had been victim to a serious malware attack,and to ignore any correspondence from the source : the scammers name on facebook.

3.Flagged youtube vid as inappropriate. set google alerts from my name, to date none.no friends have been contacted either.

4. sent scammer a message saying i sent the money(Lie of course !) and gave a fake number and answer to a security question. Was given this cell phone number 00212655194097 if that helps. While he went to check,blocked him on facebook,sent a message to the support center and deleted my account.

now, acouple of months later I set up a new facebook, with my initials and surname. searched for scammers name,couldnt find it. no google alerts,none of the list of my contacts contacted,and my online life is back on track so far,but I remain cautious. Also in real life sorted out my issues so I am now less vulnerable to such things...
I hope my story helps people learn that the dishonesty of the scammers can be beaten by just remaining calm and throwing them off your scent so to speak. Thank you to these forums,which I perused endlessly during the event, and am now posting on in hope to help someone else :)
ScamBeater
New survivor

Re: My Story-I beat my scammer

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:27 am

Scambuster, welcome to our forum and thanks for posting your story here. :)

First of all, I would like to point out to you for the benefit of other readers that you were very lucky in the outcome of the scam on you. We absolutely do not recommend continuing to talk to the scammer, negotiating with him, or trading lies with him in some kind of game or battle of wits. This can be dangerous to do, and can result in more hurt for the victims, not only you but all the other unknown victims that are also being scammed by this person.
Doing so can also educate the scammer to being better at his job of scaring and stealing. When he "loses his game" with you, he will do things and change to improve his "game" with the next victims.
Stopping all contact, immediately, is the safest and best option.

I only wish that you had been more confident in our advice and realized that as soon as you stopped, blocked, and removed the avenues of contact from the scammer you were safe. Other victims could have benefited from the scammer's details posted here at that time.
I wish that you had posted the scammer's details two months ago, when you first found our site. Waiting to post allows the scammer to keep scamming others, and after two months he might have new details making your details worthless to others. :(

What is the exact FB profile name for this scammer? "Dalinda Alif" or something like "DalindaAlif.7" ??

Do you have an address for "Yassine Binahla" to send the money, other than just "Morocco?" Of course, name and address will be fake, but it might help someone else if reused.

Did you cam on FB or use yahoo or skype to cam? Do you havve yahoo or skype username, if so?

-
+212655194097
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination Morocco
City or exchange location
Original network provider* Maroc Telecom S.A. (Itissalat al-Maghrib)
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby ScamBeater » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:09 am

Hello Slaphappy,thank you for your response. In answer to your queries, I am afraid that is literally all the information I have on my scammer, the name of the profile is Dalinda Afaf, and I have yet to find it again on fb.
I agree entirely with you as regards my course of action, but I should clarify, while I was engaging my scammer, it was literally to buy myself time, as at the time I was very tired and quite scared. By the time I found this site I had deleted nearly all my friends, and resolved to continue. I cannot endorse my methods and urge any reader to take the basic tenets of this site to heart, but I feel it is important to know that you don't owe a scammer anything, least of all the truth.
ScamBeater
New survivor

Unread postby jamesbrown14 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi Scambuster, thanks for sharing your experience, its always good to hear from people who've got over the threats months later. Its been nearly 4 weeks since mine, I panicked so much I barely read the threats, but they were all facebook related, I'll send to friends etc... and nothing has come of it, I ignored the initial email threats, thankfully and didn't contact them back at all, which was a slice of luck really because it didn't give me the opportunity to see there demands (which I'm sure would have been money) and allowed me to see this site eventually. I set my facebook profile on private and theres doesn't seem to exist anymore, and none of my friends have heard anything, so feeling much better now, but still lingering sense of anxiety, anger and shame. I still wish I hadn't done it but we all mistakes ayyy, and its stories like yourself that help us move on, so thanks again for posting.
jamesbrown14
New survivor

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com