Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Ashley Madison leak blackmail.

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Re: Ashley Madison leak blackmail.

Unread postby Tidus15 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:47 pm

Seems like this has really died down, I want to thank slaphappy, wayne, and firefly for all the good they do here. I followed all of your steps and have finally been able to leave this behind me for the most part. Another good thing that came out of it is I deleted my Facebook and now don't want to reactivate it because I am in a better mood not seeing how entitled people are now days. Thanks again guys keep up the good work.
Tidus15
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:18 pm

Thanks for the kind words. We try....

A day without facebook is like a ray of sunshine. A life without facebook is like an endless Summer. - SH 2015. :lol:
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby redley21 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:24 pm

Good Morning guys, i just received the " pay me 2 bits or ill post to your FB page" email. its identical to several on this chain of posts. i deleted the email but it did have data like my address and a CC i used that is no longer active. i feel somewhat better after reading the posts but to confirm, no one has paid anything correct and none of there data was posted ? 30 min worth of something over 18 months ago is a real pain in the ass now. just trying to get a peace of mind. Thanks
redley21
New survivor

Unread postby EdinCincinnati » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:37 pm

Was it a complete credit card number?
EdinCincinnati
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:40 pm

We have heard of no actual postings from this shotgun-spam email campaign. We of course have no idea who paid and who did not, since not all of the spammees have reported here. But since nobody has yet reported any post, it is fair to assume that it was just a scare tactic to grab money from victims, with no intention of posting anything to anyone.

So, don't panic...and the rest of you that got the same emails, don't panic, and do not pay! Just take the steps to change your credit card, and change your online accounts and passwords.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby redley21 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:00 pm

here is the email body:

Unfortunately your data, including complete credit card details, was leaked in the recent hacking of Ashley Madison. Below is the glimpse of the data we have about you:

Name: xxxxxx
Address: XXXXX
Credit Card Type Used: xxxxx
Credit card number: XXXX XXXX XXXX
Last Payment: xxxxxxx
Your computer ip address: xxxxxxxx

Plus we have access to your complete profile data including your pics, secret fantasies, conversations, etc.

We have access to your Facebook page as well. If you would like to prevent me from sharing this dirt info with all of your friends, family members, spouse, then you need to send exactly 2 bitcoins (BTC) to the following BTC address:

Bitcoin Address:
1Hg9bcYL6J6624i5UJFLs958H9AHWAzDJu

We are providing a chance to solve this case. You make a payment to the above mentioned btc address. The time ends in the next 24 hours. We will not publish your data and we will not inform your contacts.

You can get bitcoins at an exchange like Expresscoin.com, Localbitcoins.com, Clevercoin.com, Coincorner.com, Coincafe.com, Coinbase.com, Circle.com or a Bitcoin ATM machine Coinatmradar.com.

If you pay within 24 hours of receipt then we will delete your record. No payment? Then you will see what happen after this period. Once this period has expired, we can't do anything more for you. Our website is launching soon. We will surprise your family, friends and colleague with it. We will give you this one last chance.

You may be wondering why should you and what will prevent other people from doing the same, in short you now know to change your privacy settings in Facebook so no one can view your friends/family list. So go ahead and update that now (I have a copy if you dont pay).

Consider how expensive a divorce lawyer is. If you are no longer in a committed relationship then think about how this will affect your social standing amongst family and friends. What will your friends and family think about you?
Margaret Brown

it was not the full CC only the last 4. Thanks Guys
redley21
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:34 pm

What is the email address that the email was sent from?
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby wintereco » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:58 am

just an update --- speaking of the hits - as the original poster - I still keep receiving notifications from the scammer - but I keep deleting them without opening them - I have also shut down my facebook again -
wintereco
Junior survivor

Unread postby firefly » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:34 am

wintereco,

Have you considered the option to change your email address? That might solve the problem once for all.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby savencorvis » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:31 pm

Hey All, has anyone received any Ashley Madison snail mail extortion letters? There has been mention of it in some other Ashley Madison forums I keep an eye on and I am hoping to find out how widespread these extortion letters being sent in the mail might be? Please post some information if you have received a letter or know someone on here who has. Thanks.
savencorvis
New survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com