Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Jessy Miccio on Facebook

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Re: Have been Blackmailed, what do I do?

Unread postby Worriedsick » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:04 am

I agree Vexed. The number one thing I would suggest to everyone is to avoid chatroulette at all costs. The temptation and pursuation I was drawn into by the woman was undiscribable. They have schemes and technology that can ruin someone's life. There are evil people out there. All I know is that this experience has changed me and even how I view life. For now on I will not be visiting chatroulette, and I am damn sure not to show anyone my junk on a webcam. No matter how beautiful the woman is. Just like your parents might of told youmwhen you were younger... Stay away from strangers!

It has been 26 hours since my incident and I am now Facebook invisible to where it looks like I don't even exist. Everything is on lockdown for the next few weeks. Even when I reveal my name again I am going to make sure my Facebook security is set high. I have google alerts alarming me through email every time something on googles pops up of my name. NEVER give your Facebook or email or passwords to any stranger through the webcam or in a chat. No matter what reason they give. I'm not worried about the YouTube video much because it was deleted in minutes once I flagged it. It was easily visible because the title and channel name was my name. It was a very pixelated video but still very inappropriate for YouTube. Though I am worried of the possibility of the person uploading the video under a different title and posting it in a private message to my Facebook friends... I find it unlikely since it takes alot of work, she hasn't done it yet, and I havnt paid. Another thing that troubles me is the idea of this person posing as me on another account with my pictures and videos that are scattered throughout the Internet. But like you guys said time is money for these people and I don't think this person is that smart :).

I will keep everyone posted throughout the week and will let you guys know immediately if I run in to trouble with this person again. Thanks for all the support, it means more then you know! I hope this helped.
Worriedsick
Junior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:03 am

Wooriedsick,

Another day has gone by. For the fifth time, please post the scammer's details.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Worriedsick » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:25 am

So far I have not gotten anymore response from the scammer. There is no way for her to contact me now. I posted all the details about the scammer a couple times.. She had an account called Jessy Miccio on Facebook but it was deleted quickly. She then contacted me from another account that was a bunch of X's and Z's for example xyuwy for the first name and wwyktzz for the last name. Other than that the YouTube video was uploaded on a channel that was named after me and the title of the video was my name as well. I still have google alerts on and still nothing. Could the scammer upload the video on another site besides YouTube?

In a week from now I am going to reveal my name back on Facebook. I have all of my privacy settings completely private and it is impossible for them to add me or message me. A week or two later I will activate my Facebook page again. Keep in mind that anyone can post on a facebook fan page. The scammer contacted me on it already and threatened to post the video on it if I didn't talk to them. That was two days ago. Even if they did I could delete it off there and block there account but I still would not like it to be on there at all. I also, have disabled the option for people to post of the fan page wall. They can post comments and message me but cannot post on the wall.

Is there anything else I could do? So far everything has worked thanks you Slaphappy and Vexed. You guys really helped me out in this situation and I appreciate it very much.
Last edited by firefly on Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: OP real life details removed.
Worriedsick
Junior survivor

Unread postby duckhunter » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:36 am

Could the scammer upload the video on another site besides YouTube?

They could, but as has been mentioned to you before ... if it isn't in their best interests they won't waste their time. What good would it do to upload that video to a site where they cannot use your fear against you? It wouldn't work and they know it. I think you're pretty much in the clear Worriedsick. You've done all the right things to protect yourself.
"It is good to see what is beautiful, but you must also observe the ugly things ... you must be awake to everything ... you must be exposed to things which you don't quite understand, for the more you ponder over these matters which may be difficult for you, the greater will be your capacity to live richly." Krishnamurti.
duckhunter
Insert funny custom rank here.

Unread postby Vexed » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:10 pm

Worriedsick,

Looks as if you are out of the woods with this one. Remember, scammers hide behind their computers, use words as their weapons. If you call their bluff, they will disappear back into the woodwork--which is why it is SO IMPORTANT to post any and all information you have on said scammer, this way you make it difficult for them to hurt the next guy/gal. Good work, keep safe in the cyber-world--it's a jungle out there! ;)
"I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday."~Unknown~

"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest."~Benjamin Franklin~
Vexed
Junior survivor

Blackmail aftermath

Unread postby Worriedsick » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Hey guys. It has been over a week now since my scam and so far I have had no more contact with my scammer. My post was in another thread but I wanted to hear some stories of what has happened to other victims months or weeks after there scams.

(...)

If this scammer pops up, you guys will be the first to know and hopefully we can bring them down. I would love to hear about other victims aftermath stories. Thanks once again for this great site.
Last edited by firefly on Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: OP real life details removed.
Worriedsick
Junior survivor

Re: Blackmail aftermath

Unread postby Ruffled Feathers » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:46 pm

Hi Worriedsick,

Good to hear from you and know the scammer has not been around. These creepy little lowlifes, they want fast money, and when they can't get it, they move on pretty quickly. Glad to know that you changed your FB settings etc, but the most important thing for us to know, the scammer is gone from your life.
Good, luck and please keep us posted on how you are doing.
Take care of yourself,
RF
A scammer is only as good as the fear he creates.
Ruffled Feathers
Senior survivor

Unread postby poorsadguy92 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:49 am

Hi worriedsick,

It has been over a month for my case. I do feel lots better. The video is still listed as a private video in youtube and I deactivate my facebook account and I am not going to activate it anymore in case they could contact and threat me again. So far, I didnt receive any message from the scammer. But, I still a bit worry about the private video in youtube. Worry that one day the video will be listed as public. Anyways, lets think positively, we are free from the scam now =)
poorsadguy92
Junior survivor

Unread postby Worriedsick » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:39 am

No need to quote post above your own. ^^

How can you tell that the video is private?
Last edited by SlapHappy on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote.
Worriedsick
Junior survivor

Unread postby poorsadguy92 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:08 pm

last time the scammer showed me the video and i saved the link. So, now i clicked into the youtube link, the video is showed as private video.
poorsadguy92
Junior survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com