Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

The Dump - "Whatif?" Questions Have Answers Here

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Re: The Dump - "Whatif?" Questions Have Answers Here

Unread postby Triple » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:57 pm

3 months ago scammed, last try of the scammer was 3 weeks ago, forgot to close a social account unfortunately.
Still the fear is lingering, also because im very good findable on google because of sports.
Until now nothing happened and i will stay offline (social) for the coming 4 months.
But im affraid that the scammer thinks im famous, (which im not) because having a personal website.
Offcourse without phone number email etc..

Would it make any difference? Unfortunately it is impossible to get all these pictures of google because of the different
Websites. The scammer can not contact me anymore so i hope it doesnt make a difference.
Triple
Junior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Triple you posted again, necroing an old topic, the same question answered here personally to you and answered thousands of times on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580&start=10#p86181

Consider this a "Warning." Do not whine about about your "video" or mention the word from now until time itself stops and the world ends, or I will suspend you from posting for 6 months.
Re: Enough is enough!
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=53071#p134097

You need to cut your posting of all questions that you have spent hours reading on here multiple times.
I deleted your post in the media topic, and I will copy it here.

https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=4&t=21272#pr135250
Re: 3 blackmail scammers arrested in Morocco
Post by Triple » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:11 am

Does this mean they do keep the videos?

Please read this carefully.
Forum rules and frequently asked questions.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Triple, please do not "necro" old topics. And Especially stop trying to find cases where police "found evidence," or others reported that family saw their video, etc. as all this does is feed your fears and keeps you stuck in the past. You cannot move forward one inch if you chain yourself to a 2,000 pound weight. and you throw away the key.

Do not post in long abandoned threads unless it is to add relevant information. This is called "necroing" and is frowned upon. Doing so will result in your post being deleted.

The list of victims includes politicians, businessmen and former coach of the Moroccan national team, in addition to many public figures, journalists and employees of a satellite channel

This case was an extremely special one, as these Moroccan scammers targeted very high profile Moroccan citizens. The government of Morocco took a special interest in going after these guys. Police have more methods of gathering evidence than the average person does. They also do not need a physical hardcopy of a video residing on the device at the time of arrest, if they can determine that blackmail did occur. That evidence can be gotten from the upload company records, or intercepted by police during an investigation. This bust occurred in-country, where both the scammers and the scammed lived in the same country, so evidence gathering was much easier to do.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:12 pm

So, what do you do now that you know all this?

Belief and faith can transform you. Work on that within yourself.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:57 pm

Triple,

Since warning you about whining, asking the same questions over and over that are on the forum and also answered by me, you attempted to contact another member via the PM system, to bother them with a question that I have personally answered you two times in this topic. Our PM system has been shut down for members because of abuse of other members, just this kind of activity you attempted. You read and ignored this.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=53071#p132016
PM privileges have been removed from the forum.

Postby Wayne » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:07 pm

Due to the amount of abuse this system has had, I've taken to the decision to disable the PM function on the board until further notice. Anyone deciding to email any of the staff with questions that have already been answered here will now have their accounts deleted.

You tried two times to send this:
Im also a victim of bm scam, and i would like to ga back to social media in like 3/4 months.
What exactly did you change about facebook when you went back.

Could you give a example about changing the name, just should NOT give your real name but just a random one to inform me.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

I personally answered you here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=35899&start=10#p134624
"When or if you ever get another social account, use all brand new email addresses to open each of them, and each with a different password. Have changed names on all of them. Something the scammer could not easily guess should he look again. Put as little information as possible on all of them.
For instance, if your name was "Robert Wagner" on the old accounts, Make it "Bob Wag." You could use a nickname that your friends know too for first, last, or entire name, like "Alexander Monday.""

and here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=35899&start=30#p134865

Would this in combination with a slightly different name be save enough To activate this page again

NO, NO, NO, and another NO! As I said
Delete your two old accounts completely. Do not use them.

Enough is enough!
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=53071#p134097
Remember, we are doing this voluntarily using our own free time. Unnecessary questions and whining has got to stop. If you aggravate me to the point where my diastolic blood pressure goes past 90, you will be shut down from all posts and all replies.

Triple, you continue to annoy the Hell out of me by your behavior here. You are an adult, but you sure do not act like one here. I have attempted to give you a break as you said your English is not very good. However, there is no excuse for your continued attempts to get hand-holding from staff, and now other members, after you have clear directions in the steps, the post links that you read, and personal replies from me. You ignore advice, and say you want to go back to facebook in 3-4 months, despite my advice to double it to 6 months. There is no misunderstanding between those two numbers, 3 versus 6. And then you attempt to bother other members since I gave you the warning above.

So, I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I'm going to deactivate your account for 6 months, until November.
You will still be able to read the forum, but you will not be able to post.
If you email the staff, I will make it permanent.

Since all your social acccounts are closed, you email is changed, and your phone numbers too, you should not have any scammer problem of him threatening you. Then, you can do whatever the Hell you want to do. You can get yourself an English translator to actually read what I wrote and all the information links, and have them walk you through what you need to do to protect yourself, or do whatever else you want to do. Then you can either follow the advice or not. I really do not care either way. It's your life.
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Re: recovery and reassurance

Unread postby MidlandsChap » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:16 pm

Hi All,

So like many others here I was scammed last night, and feel an idiot as I should have known better.

So, was chatting to a 'Lady' on Tinder for a few nights (who said was 20 miles from me) and said she was here on business but now gone back to the USA.

We continued to chat and she offered to chat on Whatsapp. This didn't last long till she wanted to chat on Skype which I of course didn't mind as she looked and sounded pleasant.

This is where as like many I was persuaded to video myself (lucky for me in really bad lighting) but incriminating still.

We moved back to Whatsapp and 'she' said watch this and posted me a YouTube video of me, followed by a list of 5 of my Facebook friends and said £1000 or they post to my friends.

I quickly blocked the guy and deactivated my Facebook and reported the YouTube video. Setup Alerts for my name.

This was last night (26th April) and not heard anything else yet.

I'm hoping they got bored and move on, but it's a very scarey thing to go through.

Anyone else recently been scammed?

Obviously I didn't give them a penny.

Cheers
MidlandsChap
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:22 am

Anyone else recently been scammed?

Millions worldwide have run into blackmail scammers, and about 18,000 have posted their scammer's details here in order to help warn others. You need to do the same. Go here: http://blackmailscams.com.

Read that link carefully, fill out every detail of the scammer that you have, and follow all of the steps to protect yourself. You have taken some steps already, but you may have to do more to make sure they stop and move on.
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby socialdistortion » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:45 am

Like everyone else here I let my lust take over my rationale logic and thinking. I met a woman from Philippines a few weeks ago on a kink website. We chatted off and on for awhile but most conversations I had with her were usually 15 minutes or less. Having been to that country and knowing how tough the conditions are there I sent her $50 through PayPal just because I felt it was the right thing to do. They had just had an earthquake there I checked on the news to verify. Anyways last weekend I was drinking and she talked me into a webcam sex chat. I decided to end the relationship a couple days ago because I rarely hear from her and she is always on that website that made me believe she was on there looking for other guys. That's when the threats started. She at first begged me to stay. I said no- move on and find someone else. That's when she threatened me with posting my video to YouTube. She never discussed a dollar amount, she said maybe we can work out a deal. I said no way and then she said well tomorrow I will send you the link to YouTube and you will see yourself. The next day came and I told her I have your PayPal and I contacted the police and they can find you easily through your PayPal account. She immediately changed her tone and begged me not to leave her. The conversation ended after that and then I found this website. I have deleted all accounts and followed all the steps best I can. I am fortunate in 1 respect that I have never participated in social media including Facebook. It's only been 2 days I am still worried about finding that video on YouTube or someone I know finding it.
socialdistortion
New survivor

Unread postby Teddybear » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:31 am

Hi scam survivors, i got scammed 6,5 months ago and unfortunately i found this site just a week ago. After the scam i got help from a local website and tried to forget the experience. It worked out for me. Now after 6 months the experience is coming back a bit and i found this great website! It is reassuring to read all the experiences, it made me clear i wasnt the only one! I dont remember a lot of my scam and i blocked everything rightaway when he came up with my fb list.
After that deactivated all social media.

Nothing happened so far, and my life is fairly normal right now. The only thing which is tricking me is going back to social media. Because reading all the experiences of survivors im not sure how to deal with it! I would like to go back in the coming mths but how? I think i can be sure he moved?

Problem is:
I cant come up with another name, and my name cant be written different. Its a name its hard to make something out of it! So i was thinking about using new accounts on fb and lkdin with just my first letter and last name. Or the 3 initials and something, Putting the privacy settings to the max, would this be safe enough?

I wont connect any phone number to my new account just a new email adress without phone number. My scammer never send me a mail, strange enough. In case they will find me in the future they only have a emailadress but they dont make use of it.

Please give me some advice how to follow up with this.
Thank you for being here abd helping all the victims to survivors!
Teddybear
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:24 pm

socialdistortion,

You need to go here, READ carefully, fill out the scammer details form, and do every single step to the letter to make sure you have the very best chance that they will forget about you and move on. http://blackmailscams.com.
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby SlapHappy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:03 pm

Teddybear, AKA Triple

Your account was deactivated on April 19, at 1:57pm. You were told WHY, and the suspension of your account was going to last until November 1st.
But, after reading about the suspension and deactivation of your account, you decided to disrespect me, the staff, and the entire membership of this forum again by making another account at 2:05PM, and again searching member details in an attempt to contact one or more of them to harass and abuse them by invading their privacy behind the scenes off of this forum. You also posted the exact same question using the new account today, when you were banned from doing so, and I have already answered more than once. I warned you already about just that same behaivior. Doing so detracts me from helping real immediate victim problems, and I simply will not tolerate your abuse any more.

Since you do not seem to be able to control yourself, and act like an adult,
and you still do not want to read or follow any directions by yourself or through the help of others at home, I'm permanently BANNING you from the forum.
Perhaps you have been hit in the head by a boom too many times, if you get my gust?

Banning from the forum means, both of your accounts are permanently deactivated, all of your membership privileges are PERMANENTLY REVOKED, I am warning you not to ever return here.

Do not make any more new accounts. If you do, and force me to waste more of my time deleting any more your accounts that you make, I may take more drastic steps to expose your forum abuse activities.

You are on your own to deal with your own personal problems by yourself. Despite our best efforts on your behalf ScamSurvivors cannot help you, and you have worn out your welcome here.

-
A warning for you, Teddybear.
Forum rules and frequently asked questions
https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Any party deliberately trying to deceive us, or abusing our time and/or resources in any way give up any rights to anonymity. Under these circumstance you agree we may publish any and all details provided or discovered after research publicly.
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

PreviousNext

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com