Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Did my scammer extract facebook people through a hack in Sky

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Did my scammer extract facebook people through a hack in Sky

Unread postby brms87 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:51 am

Hi, 1 month ago I was scammed through chatroulette. The scammer pretending to be a girl led me to add her on Skype.
Then she pretended Skype wasn't working so I had to re-open Skype.

Then we started sexual activity which of course she recorded. After that she showed my a list of about 20 names, that I assume she somehow got through a hack in Skype. Because I am sure she didn't have my real name, and my Skype name does not contain my full name. Just my first name. So she had no real way of knowing who I am.

The list of people she showed, I didn't know any of them, but when I looked those names up on facebook, some were connected through friends of mine, however not to me. (Luckily!!!).

The only thing I wonder is: How can she get 20 names of people who live in my country, and have far connections to my facebook friends, but none of them were my actual FB friends.
I can only think of that they hacked into my computer or something.

Couldn't find anything about that here, sorry if I didn't search right.
Any experience with this?

In any case, I blocked her immediately and we haven't spoken ever since it became clear she was a scammer.
However I just reminded it because I got a Skype friend request (she only knows my skype name), from a weird name that I thought might be the scammer.

Thanks!
brms87
New survivor

Re: Did my scammer extract face book people through a hack i

Unread postby SlapHappy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:07 am

Probably got close to your through the lax facebook settings of you, your friends, or their friends.
Or common name used by you somewhere else online.

HOW are scammers getting FB data??
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580&start=10#p31401

If you have not filled an online form with scammer details yet, please do.
Please go here and follow all of the advice to protect yourself and other victims of the scammer.
http://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/

You may need to tighten up your privacy online on all of your accounts as well, being very selective in your FB list too.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com